Ashamed, sad and haying myself.

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi, hope you are ok ? So I had my court appearance today, although it was one of the most scariest and humiliating moments of my life, they were very empathetic and the duty solicitor was amazing, she was so kind and caring and pointed out some mistakes that the police had made in their statement, I got a 17 month ban which will be reduced to 13 months with the course and a fine of £600 plus courts costs so by and by I think I got of pretty lightly, the whole experience has literally changed my mindset. As you have said now I can move forward and get used to being a foot passenger 😂 x
I am really pleased that step is now over for you. 😀

Hi, hope you are ok ? So I had my court appearance today, although it was one of the most scariest and humiliating moments of my life, they were very empathetic and the duty solicitor was amazing, she was so kind and caring and pointed out some mistakes that the police had made in their statement, I got a 17 month ban which will be reduced to 13 months with the course and a fine of £600 plus courts costs so by and by I think I got of pretty lightly, the whole experience has literally changed my mindset. As you have said now I can move forward and get used to being a foot passenger 😂 x
Hi,

The hardest part is over with now, Time flys...before you know it you will have your license back.

Keep your head up!

Kind Regards,

Stu

It happens. Don’t beat yourself up too much.

You’ll have a lot of questions and you’ve come to the right place for answers. Don’t be a stranger.

Definitely not gonna be something I am ever gonna go and do ever again, this forum has helped so so much as have your words of advice and empathy , I thank you from the bottom of my heart and if I can give someone the same amount of compassion and support that you have given me I will feel that my mistakes have not been in vain 😘

Hi,

The hardest part is over with now, Time flys...before you know it you will have your license back.

Keep your head up!

Kind Regards,

Stu
Hi Stu,
Thank you , yes that was definitely the hardest part, the not knowing was what kept me up all night last night, the shame of everyone looking at me and judging me was just so awful.
Head is firmly up and looking forwards now 😘

It happens. Don’t beat yourself up too much.

You’ll have a lot of questions and you’ve come to the right place for answers. Don’t be a stranger.
I think i literally put myself through ten rounds of Mike Tyson !!! I’m sure as I come back down to earth there will be many questions, they are already mulling around in the back of my mind, and as I have said to another member if I can offer anywhere near the same level of support to someone else that you guys have shown me then I will know that in some small part I can ease someone else’s worries x

Hi Stu,
Thank you , yes that was definitely the hardest part, the not knowing was what kept me up all night last night, the shame of everyone looking at me and judging me was just so awful.
Head is firmly up and looking forwards now 😘
Hi,

No need thank me at all....I Know I..Felt it....like running with no legs up a hill, And just found myself in bed, worrie/stress/anxiety but you just want to think it over and over again!

You will be fine! this forum is a lovely place to find help & advice.

Keep your head up, A mistake is just that...brush it off, And carry on😉.

Kind Regards,

Stu

Last edited:
Hi,

No need thank me at all....I Know I..Felt it....like running with no legs up a hill, And just found myself in bed, worrie/stress/anxiety but you just want to think it over and over again!

Kind Regards,

Stu
Like wading through treacle , and I still do think and think and think , awake now as I can’t sleep, this is an amazing way for like minded people to express experiences. I thank you from the bottom of my heart ❤️

Hi,

Kind Regards,

Stu

Hi,

Kind Regards,

Stu
Nice post this one stu good man 👍

Like wading through treacle , and I still do think and think and think , awake now as I can’t sleep, this is an amazing way for like minded people to express experiences. I thank you from the bottom of my heart ❤️
Hi,

I am glad too help. Don't let it get the better of you.

We all have up's and downs, but moving forward is key to be even happier than before, regardless of what the "Down" was.

You will be fine!

Kind regards,

Stu

Hi,
I guess there will be good days and bad days, I know someone on here is facing their day in court tomorrow and must be feeling like I did Tuesday night, I wanted to say that the day will come and go , yes it will be one of the hardest days to face, but like it has been said to me on here once that day is over you can concentrate on putting it behind you and rebuilding your life albeit it a different one for a while

Hi,
I guess there will be good days and bad days, I know someone on here is facing their day in court tomorrow and must be feeling like I did Tuesday night, I wanted to say that the day will come and go , yes it will be one of the hardest days to face, but like it has been said to me on here once that day is over you can concentrate on putting it behind you and rebuilding your life albeit it a different one for a while

Hi,

Very well put, it's is a change in routine until the ban ends then its back to normal.

I now try to come on here to pass on what I have personally learnt from the experience & the knowledge so I can help others.

This forum is great. Feel free to PM me if your feeling low.

Kind regards,

Stu

Glad your court appearance is done and dusted. Mine wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, but unlike yours, I blew 113 and had the added humiliation of speaking to the probation and then having to do community service because I was a HRO.

Just a couple of tips for you moving forward -

Get you drink driving course done ASAP. There will be a 'cut off' date to complete it, so please get it done sooner, rather than later.

Once your DD course is complete, make sure you check to confirm the reduction has been updated on the DVLA database. This usually takes one month to process.

Once the above two points are done, you need to apply for your licence again within 60 days of your ban coming to an end which will be roughly around December this year.

As you are not in the HRO category, you shouldn't experience any issues in getting your licence back as it will not involve the DVLA medical team.

CJ

Hiya
So you have to book fairly early ? Duty solicitor said August so is it better to do before ? Did you get points on your licence automatically? I know the day was a bit of a blur but I don’t recall them saying anything 🤪

Hiya
So you have to book fairly early ? Duty solicitor said August so is it better to do before ? Did you get points on your licence automatically? I know the day was a bit of a blur but I don’t recall them saying anything 🤪

No points - a ban is a ban. You will have a DR10 marker on your licence for 11 years when you do get it back, but you will have no points on there.

You solicitor is right about August - you will need to get the DD course done by then. My advice is get it done ASAP.

Good luck.

CJ

Hi,

Very well put, it's is a change in routine until the ban ends then its back to normal.

I now try to come on here to pass on what I have personally learnt from the experience & the knowledge so I can help others.

Kind regards,

Stu
Hi
I think I pm you not sure how this works on here , not a lot of sleep last night so messaged you, hope you ok x

Hi
I think I pm you not sure how this works on here , not a lot of sleep last night so messaged you, hope you ok x
So kinda hit a low but sure how this works , walked to shop in rain and cold and just thought you know what I deserve this, guess it’s just a bad day x

Hi,

Kind regards,

Stu
Hi hope you guys all ok, still sat here not knowing how to deal with the shame , yes court day has come and gone but doesn’t ease the pain, how do get last this x

You just have to take it a day at a time. Some days are difficult and some you don’t think about it. I honestly haven’t found it any easier being back in the road a year. I still berate myself now. It is a serious crime. No one intends to become a criminal until it happens to you.

It is life changing - no two ways around that. But we are all here to help each other get through the rough with the smooth.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off