Ashamed, sad and haying myself.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Alrac123

Well Known Member
Last night, I drove to the shop after a crap day for a 3rd bottle of wine. Honestly, me? I'm a clever person, good life, good job, amazing partner who I'm dreading telling. What if he leaves?
Drink is ruining my life. I got caught 78 reading and spent the night in a cell.
I will be in court on 6th Jan and am terrified. No sentence could be as hard on me as I am on myself.
I can walk to work for next 6 months but little things like visiting my parents, going aldi etc.
What's worse, car on finance with 9 months left so it's not just taken my transport away but landed me in a huge bit of debt. Shoot me now.
It's not yet a blessing but I hope I'll get fitter and drink less, continue my evening course and have a better quality of life with drink.
It's coming to Christmas, I dont know how I'll cope without my own transport.
Loathing myself.

Well hi Alrac123 if you weren't so guilty and ashamed it would be easy to make the same mistakes

thats the worst bit over and now begin your healing journey time will heal after court on day on your walking journey to work you will see something that will make you smile but only if you give up alcohol otherwise it's just a lonely walk of misery and suffering

Well hi Alrac123 if you weren't so guilty and ashamed it would be easy to make the same mistakes

thats the worst bit over and now begin your healing journey time will heal after court on day on your walking journey to work you will see something that will make you smile but only if you give up alcohol otherwise it's just a lonely walk of misery and suffering

Drink has ruined so much for me and for my partner, we are both drinkers. I've had many injuries, broken relationships and now this. But I cant face it now, knowing how lucky I was not to be badly injured.
In the midst of it. Had some dark thoughts. Gotta tell people, my poor parents. Always was the naught middle child. Its gonna sting for a long time. I'm not looking for sympathy. I just want to feel some sort of peace and movement through the grief and denial. Luckily I am buy train station and same street as bus stops. Thank you for responding, this is the only place I feel safe right now x

It's ok you come here as often as you need it's a place with solid advice even mental health how about you use this thread to tell us of your journey , start by reducing your alcohol content if your seriously high consumption , join AA it's a place nobody can or will judge you , if you can't do AA ask your GP for help he might provide you with salenco it's a drug that stops cravings your allowed to continue drinking as the whole idea you don't get the fix and it turns your thoughts,
I think u should book counceling also there's free support find your local but you only get up to 10 appointments so don't waste any spaces

Stopping drinking will take away the shame and your family with love you for that also, it will be hard if husband doesn't recover ultimately though u can't repair him and yourself he needs to do his own bit

It's ok you come here as often as you need it's a place with solid advice even mental health how about you use this thread to tell us of your journey , start by reducing your alcohol content if your seriously high consumption , join AA it's a place nobody can or will judge you , if you can't do AA ask your GP for help he might provide you with salenco it's a drug that stops cravings your allowed to continue drinking as the whole idea you don't get the fix and it turns your thoughts,
I think u should book counceling also there's free support find your local but you only get up to 10 appointments so don't waste any spaces
Thank you so much.
I did have a few booze sessions earlier in the year but didn't really so anything. I think I'll need to go GP. And have a look at AA.
I would normally drink tomorrow but I wont. I have a girls night a week tomorrow so whether I do then or not is unknown. I hope not. X

Stopping drinking will take away the shame and your family with love you for that also, it will be hard if husband doesn't recover ultimately though u can't repair him and yourself he needs to do his own bit
Yep. I'll tell him tomorrow, be honest. I hope we dont crumble because of this.

Yep. I'll tell him tomorrow, be honest. I hope we dont crumble because of this.
He's probably been waiting for you to open up so don't be afraid both cuddle and cry about it x
but neither of u can heal each other only support to begin the healings a long long journey but will be happier for you

He's probably been waiting for you to open up so don't be afraid both cuddle and cry about it x
but neither of u can heal each other only support to begin the healings a long long journey but will be happier for you

He was brilliant with me.
Said it's a blip, doesn't matter, joked with me. I'm so lucky to have him.
He also said I'm able to drive my dads or his cars and still insured until I'm convicted which will solve a lot of things.
Next, tell my parents. Then one friend. Then my boss. All other friends will be told I've sold the car because I dont need it.
Starting 2020 as a bus ******/walker and praying I can reduce my ban time on 30th dec in court.
Never, never will I be so stupid and not think of consequences.

Well done?

Here's some more advice get it all out in the open as quickly as possible! I don't mean shouting from the heavens just tell a few freinds and not say don't tell anyone as you be amazed how much support you can get! My boss said to me it's now you will know your freinds !

Once it's all out it's yesterday's news , always said it's not acceptable it shouldn't happen! But if it does ensure it never happens again !

In 2 years nobody has once mentioned it or poked fun and on the environment I work it's a lion's DEN that's testiment

Well done?

Here's some more advice get it all out in the open as quickly as possible! I don't mean shouting from the heavens just tell a few freinds and not say don't tell anyone as you be amazed how much support you can get! My boss said to me it's now you will know your freinds !

Once it's all out it's yesterday's news , always said it's not acceptable it shouldn't happen! But if it does ensure it never happens again !

In 2 years nobody has once mentioned it or poked fun and on the environment I work it's a lion's DEN that's testiment

It is
Thanks Craig.
I have gone full circle with my emotions past couple days.
In serious debt because of it.
Fml but at least no one got hurt. Plus, walking everywhere will get my weight loss of to a good start in january!

Just been to collect my belongings from my car and said goodbye to it.
Very sad.
AND what's worse, the recovery firm have stolen 15 quid in change that I kept in my side pocket.
Cried.
Roll on January, get this dark mist out of the way.

Remember the good journey begins now?

Cars are expensive commodities anyhow , if you want your life & Car back you must register with your GP that you have stopped drinking insist on an immediate LFT function test so he has a baseline to start with! Thn must attend ever 2 month for same?you can still drink within government alcohol guildlines and still have normal liver functions! But since you admited alcoholism that's definitely not a route to try,
Just both you give it good try there will be wobbles but that's when AA comes into its own they will help you understand the reasons you drink, and if you think your bad wait until you here there stories

Alrac, if you have the support of the people closest to you then you will be fine.
The fear of court is massive... but in reality it’s not that bad. You blew 78. It’s a fraction of what I blew. The court started by telling me, “don’t worry, you’re not going to prison”. The probation people, the magistrates, everybody... were nice.
I got a 30 month Ban reduced to 23.5 months. And. 200 hours CS And a 16 week course and 10 RAR days. You won’t get anything like this.

I was reported in the local Newspaper. Nobody noticed.
I thought my life was over - it wasn’t. I didn’t see how I could keep my job, do the CS, do all the courses, and not be able to travel. But, 18 months later, I’m coming up to the medical that will get my license back. It wasn’t easy, but it also wasn’t the end of the world. I have spent literally £1000s on taxis. I have missed a number of crucial life events, where I should have been able to drive family to places they needed to be. I lost vast amounts of money on cars, because showing and modifying my car was my hobby.

But, all of my family supported me. Why wouldn’t they? None of my friends care about what I dId - the overwhelming reaction is “could have been me”.

There is nothing good about what we did. But it is not as bad as you think it will be.

Getting the bus is horrible.
Smelly, dirty, vomit, nasty old women begging for cigarettes.
What they should do, is show this side of it to deter drinking.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off