DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
OK am going to have a whinge (warning alert) . I just do not know how to proceed with the DVLA. Attempting to deal with or communicate with them seems like trying to speak to an amorphous blob.

I've already made two complaints. I THOUGHT I had made a third one (asking to be referred to the ICA) but after three months of waiting - apparently it wasn't received. Emailed and posted recorded delivery re-iteration of it to zip response.. coming up for a month now.

Ban was up (early) in January but DVLA refused to acknowledge this. stating was still banned. Seven months wasted. Had medical last week due to their timescale. Now waiting and waiting and...... I feel like I have no control over what is going on. I am quite a positive person but am beginning to feel almost hopeless.
Not sure if this will help, but you could email: tim.burton@dvla.gov.uk apparently he seems to get things sorted out or so. Just a heads up.

Hi Luna
I applied 6 months ago and am currently 7 weeks post medical so if they need to write to my gp it could be upwards of 8-9 months , its a scandal
Have you been in touch with them to check they’ve received medical questionnaire/ blood results ?

I am 8 weeks in from my application and all they have done so far is cash my cheque (after 6 weeks.) Ban is due to expire in just over 4 weeks, but it looks like I have no chance of getting my licence back even close to that date.

I emailed this guy but just received a standard auto-reply saying unable to help DVLA is a joke
Correct, I put his email address on here for people to use for urgent matters where the process had gone wrong, but lots of people flooded him with routine matters where there had been no unreasonable delay so he stopped answering any enquiries.

Have you been in touch with them to check they’ve received medical questionnaire/ blood results ?
Hi Polly yep i called at the beginning of August infact it was the 5th i called and they said they had received everything they needed thats 5 weeks ago

Correct, I put his email address on here for people to use for urgent matters where the process had gone wrong, but lots of people flooded him with routine matters where there had been no unreasonable delay so he stopped answering any enquiries.
Hi
Im gonna ask if you think there is any point in me emailing Julie lennerd ( i seen her email in another post) or you think thats one step too far?

Hi
Im gonna ask if you think there is any point in me emailing Julie lennerd ( i seen her email in another post) or you think thats one step too far?
I Just did Along with my MP (not together). Somewhat politely pointing out that other government departments had not subjected people to such delays.

Hi Polly yep i called at the beginning of August infact it was the 5th i called and they said they had received everything they needed thats 5 weeks ago
If it helps , I think I heard after 4 weeks that they were contacting my GP , so possibly they may not be doing that with you ? I hope you hear soon .

If it helps , I think I heard after 4 weeks that they were contacting my GP , so possibly they may not be doing that with you ? I hope you hear soon .
Thanks for that Polly i really hope that is the case not that im in anyway concerned its just the time it'll take and has taken so far

I Just did Along with my MP (not together). Somewhat politely pointing out that other government departments had not subjected people to such delays.
Absolutely lovely reply from my MP acknowledging my frustration. They hope to have a reply within a week. We shall see.......

Absolutely lovely reply from my MP acknowledging my frustration. They hope to have a reply within a week. We shall see.......
Can I ask, did you tell your MP that you were a Drink Driving HRO or simply that you were waiting on medical tests etc.?

Said I was barred for drink driving but one of the attachments (originally to DVLA) mentioned medical wait time.

Even though Tim Burtons email reply says I can’t help, he does still get them.
That would be good for people who have slipped through the cracks and the system has clearly broken I can imagine though the guy being inundated with ridiculous requests though hence the auto reply.

That would be good for people who have slipped through the cracks and the system has clearly broken I can imagine though the guy being inundated with ridiculous requests though hence the auto reply.
100% correct.
I involved my MP from a very early stage which seemed to have helped me and others I have heard about. It is all bloody painful though.

100% correct.
I involved my MP from a very early stage which seemed to have helped me and others I have heard about. It is all bloody painful though.
It’s only in the past few days I’ve involved my MP so keeping fingers crossed but that’s me now a few days away from the 6 month mark since the D1 was sent.

I was banned Oct 19 and applied paper/new photo March 21. Didn’t have medical until 12 July and now the wait so somehow you are weeks ahead of me !! 🤷‍♀️
Have you had your medical results or license back. Noticed it’s nearly 2 months since your medical

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off