DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Has anyone got a cheque back from Dvla? I got a £90.00 refund on Saturday so called on Monday to confirm wether that was correct, so the guy said he can see a transaction from me in January although I sent it in November 2020, he saw the payment going out for me, my concern is that they don’t process my application, he told me they have all the information and it is with the decision maker now, so maybe I’ll have to pay this money back! I’ve waited so long I don’t want money to hold things up now, I was due my licence back in March 21

Has anyone got a cheque back from Dvla? I got a £90.00 refund on Saturday so called on Monday to confirm wether that was correct, so the guy said he can see a transaction from me in January although I sent it in November 2020, he saw the payment going out for me, my concern is that they don’t process my application, he told me they have all the information and it is with the decision maker now, so maybe I’ll have to pay this money back! I’ve waited so long I don’t want money to hold things up now, I was due my licence back in March 21
Strange. I assume you have only applied once and it is for a new licence and not another e.g. 1 year licence?

Hi all,

Been in the background for a while, the information on here has really helped me through the duration of my ban.

Im an HRO blew 105…

My Ban is up January 1st, after a 14th month ban… I sent away for my licence and this received by DVLA October 9th…I called today only to be told there is no update… I know there is page on the Dvla website and they are processing applications on October 1st as of Monday…

When could I expect to receive a medical letter? I haven’t drank for a while and have no plans drinking over Xmas as my licence is far more important than a couple of pints…!!

My 10 weeks is now up and would expected to see a medical letter by now?

The poor communication and not knowing is the hardest thing about all this… why say 6 to 10 weeks when it’s not?

Thanks all!

Jamie

Hi all,

Been in the background for a while, the information on here has really helped me through the duration of my ban.

Im an HRO blew 105…

My Ban is up January 1st, after a 14th month ban… I sent away for my licence and this received by DVLA October 9th…I called today only to be told there is no update… I know there is page on the Dvla website and they are processing applications on October 1st as of Monday…

When could I expect to receive a medical letter? I haven’t drank for a while and have no plans drinking over Xmas as my licence is far more important than a couple of pints…!!

The poor communication and not knowing is the hardest thing about all this… why say 6 to 10 weeks when it’s not?

Thanks all!

Jamie
You are at 10 weeks as of tomorrow, so you should expect a letter from them regarding your medical round about now, although I doubt you will be able to organise the medical until after Christmas.

You could always call and make a bit of an issue about it.

Hi all,

Im an HRO blew 105…

The poor communication and not knowing is the hardest thing about all this… why say 6 to 10 weeks when it’s . They’re useless from the date they received the application to receiving the letter.
They received my application September the 3rd. Medical letter arrived 4th December so yours shouldn’t be to long now fingers crossed.
You are at 10 weeks as of tomorrow, so you should expect a letter from them regarding your medical round about now, although I doubt you will be able to organise the medical until after Christmas.

Hi Luna,

Thanks for the reply, I called just before posting after waiting almost two hours to get through just to be told nothing… I’ll be happy just to get the letter before Xmas. Again thanks for reply it more reassuring when you hear it from others rather than a hard working call handler… I do feel for them what an awful job to have… whoever is at the helm of these processes has a lot to answer for!

They received my application September the 3rd. Medical letter arrived 4th December so yours shouldn’t be to long now fingers crossed.

Thanks spiderfish, here’s hoping.

Did you manage to book your medical before Xmas? I know I won’t be but just interested to know.

Thanks spiderfish, here’s hoping.

Did you manage to book your medical before Xmas? I know I won’t be but just interested to know.
No appointments left for December, they haven’t opened up the appointments for January so I’ve been told to keep ringing every week till I can make one for January. Hope you get your letter soon 👍

Hi all,

Im an HRO blew 105…

Thanks all!

Jamie
I spoke to dvla today to see when I would receive my medical letter.
The information I received was, currently dvla appointed doctors are not doing medicals, only booster jabs at the moment.
I've been waiting since september so to hear that was very disheartening too say the least.

The information I received was, currently dvla appointed doctors are not doing medicals, only booster jabs at the moment.
I've been waiting since september so to hear that was very disheartening too say the least.
That's not good to hear, not that it's your fault!!! 😂🙏

It’s one thing after another. How frustrating, to say the absolute least . Hopefully the booster campaign will end soon and the medical scan start again.

HI Ben

Good post.

Out of interest, what was your CDT reading after being sober for roughly the same time as myself (24th July 2019.)

I try and get to around 3 AA meetings a week. Haven't thought about the programme yet, but the meetings help.
Hi I received my results today but still no physical licence. CDT was 0.9% same as last years. Last drink was 25th March 2019 so over 2 1/2 years ago.

Hi I received my results today but still no physical licence. CDT was 0.9% same as last years. Last drink was 25th March 2019 so over 2 1/2 years ago.
After being sober for 2 years my CDT with Medichecks was 0.20%.

No idea why it was so low, so I assume it is simply a metabolic thing.

After being sober for 2 years my CDT with Medichecks was 0.20%.

No idea why it was so low, so I assume it is simply a metabolic thing.
Will be interested to hear what your DVLA test comes in at. I understand it’s a slightly different test to medichecks. I’m not worried about mine I spoke to my GP last time around and he said everyone has a different base rate affected by metabolism and diet. The main thing is it’s under 1% and I got a ten year licence after only one 1 year licence. Just wish it would drop through my letterbox so I can pick my new car up!

Will be interested to hear what your DVLA test comes in at. I understand it’s a slightly different test to medichecks. I’m not worried about mine I spoke to my GP last time around and he said everyone has a different base rate affected by metabolism and diet. The main thing is it’s under 1% and I got a ten year licence after only one 1 year licence. Just wish it would drop through my letterbox so I can pick my new car up!
This is my second time in 2 years. First banned in 2017, then again in 2019, hence why I have stopped drinking. My CDT the first time I applied for my licence back, was 0.70% after about 8 months of not drinking. This was exactly the same as the one I had done with Medichecks, so they are both fairly consistent.

I'm 64 so don't expect a 10 year licence, but right now I'd be happy with a 1 year one.

Afternoon everyone,

some fantastic advice on here many thanks,

I currently have a 1 year lisense which was issued after full cdt medical and doctors contacted. My current lisense expires 1st and I’ve sent all paperwork back to dvla 2 weeks ago.
I start a new dream job on Monday however I’m really worried that due to me 2nd lisense taking potentially 4-6 months (if last application was anything to go by) I will not be able to drive under section 88 as a HRO blew 107

I spoke with DVLA medical dept last night and man said because I currently have a valid license I COULD drive under section 88
However the dvla website says NO hro can use section 88

any advice please as I can sleep worrying about losing my dream job

Afternoon everyone,

some fantastic advice on here many thanks,

I currently have a 1 year lisense which was issued after full cdt medical and doctors contacted. My current lisense expires 1st and I’ve sent all paperwork back to dvla 2 weeks ago.
I start a new dream job on Monday however I’m really worried that due to me 2nd lisense taking potentially 4-6 months (if last application was anything to go by) I will not be able to drive under section 88 as a HRO blew 107

I spoke with DVLA medical dept last night and man said because I currently have a valid license I COULD drive under section 88
However the dvla website says NO hro can use section 88

any advice please as I can sleep worrying about losing my dream job
Once you have a license issued, in your case a 1 Yr, you are no longer HRO. You can drive on section 88.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off