CDT test

Convicted Driver Insurance
I’ll make a note of their number just in case DVLA stop lying to me and progress my application,
God dealing with DVLA is like talking to my ex wife lol
🤣
I've always wondered where you're from cos you say pal a lot lol I've always read your messages in a Scottish accent 🤣
🤣 I am from South Africa and is Afrikaans so sometimes I don’t get it right when I try and explain myself in English. This is the second dr I have been in contact I live in Hampshire and I am willing to travel but the doctors I have contacted always give me a story about how they can’t give me dates before I have paid now I have paid and will have to get my money back and try different doctors. Was on phone 45min with dvla today I asked them if they can see how many times I have called and how hard I m trying to get a medical. The guy said he is so sorry but there is nothing he can do and unfortunately I will have to reapply from start if I can’t get a medical I have 5 weeks left and wind give up just emotionally drained if I don’t have a license I can’t work and if I can’t work I can’t prove to the government I earn enough to get my next visa. My son and husband is British but there are so many hoops I have to jump thru. I am in tears everyday so tired but giving up is not even a option if I want to remain here with my family so this license mean so much more to me than just driving it is essential for keeping me my husband and child togheter. Thank you for everybody’s support and encouragement except for this forum there is no one I can talk to or explain and even when I did they just don’t get it.

I've always wondered where you're from cos you say pal a lot lol I've always read your messages in a Scottish accent 🤣
Ah, but it all depends on just how you say 'Pal.'

It can mean many things as in 'How you doin' pal.' or 'What the f**k are you lookin' at pal.'

Great care must be taken when using.

🤣🤣🤣

So been on the phone to dvla, it's been 11 working days since my blood test and my questionnaire was received last Monday but my blood results haven't arrived. Higher team are now chasing the lab and the franchise doctor for the results. I might have to redo the test 😩 wouldn't bother me if it wasn't another possible 12 weeks for an appointment 😭😭 gutted is not the word.

Kinda like when us women say "it's fine" lol
No it’s absolutely nothing like when a woman says “it’s fine” and I mean nothing. Like….run, get that bag packed get your passport and put on a crash helmet. Seriously you are in mortal danger and your life will never be the same 😂😂😂

How many "it's fine" did you have to hear before you learnt this core lesson 🤣
In my experience? Just the once will suffice. I see one red flag, hear one alarm bell. I’m like evil knevil riding off into the sunset with my reproductive organs still intact 😂

Good morning every one. Just want to share. Just got my cdt test results back. And it is 0.8 can’t believe it I was so worried because of lots of post saying it could take 12 weeks to come down. I had it done thru pathdirect they charge £85 for the test and £25 to take your blood. They did use the wrong tube when I last went or there was some mix up so had to go again the Friday before last. They have been so helpful. I do enjoy some wine and bear over weekends but don’t drink during the week. I did not drink for 4 days before my test.
Hiya pal, just wondering how much you drink/drank on a weekly basis before your medical and how long you abstained drom
Drinking before you medical?

Hiya pal, just wondering how much you drink/drank on a weekly basis before your medical and how long you abstained drom
Drinking before you medical?
Hi jack normally about 9 units 1 bottle of whine or up to 4 pints on a weekend. So I had 8,8 units of alcohol togheter for Saturday and Sunday I went for the test Friday morning 4 days not drinking.

So been on the phone to dvla, it's been 11 working days since my blood test and my questionnaire was received last Monday but my blood results haven't arrived. Higher team are now chasing the lab and the franchise doctor for the results. I might have to redo the test 😩 wouldn't bother me if it wasn't another possible 12 weeks for an appointment 😭😭 gutted is not the word.
Let’s believe it will turn up🙏🏻

Hi jack normally about 9 units 1 bottle of whine or up to 4 pints on a weekend. So I had 8,8 units of alcohol togheter for Saturday and Sunday I went for the test Friday morning 4 days not drinking.
hi my story i failed first blood test went away for long weekend drank for 4 days prob equiv of 3-4 bottles wine abstained for 11 days test came back 2.6% i didnt do any research or come on this site--so 2nd test I abstained since 13th august ish had 2 proseccos 8th oct and 2 halves cider 15th oct had blood test last tuesday and got my licence back today( not had test results yet but to be honest dont care!!) -- i was classed as missuse -- so all i can say those people who drink lots and abstain for 4 days etc have been very lucky -- dont risk it and abstain as long as possible as it's a nightmare if you fail and all the worry starts again---- just want to say a massive thank you to you all who have given me wise words and support and good luck to you all you'll get there i promise xxx

hi my story i failed first blood test went away for long weekend drank for 4 days prob equiv of 3-4 bottles wine abstained for 11 days test came back 2.6% i didnt do any research or come on this site--so 2nd test I abstained since 13th august ish had 2 proseccos 8th oct and 2 halves cider 15th oct had blood test last tuesday and got my licence back today( not had test results yet but to be honest dont care!!) -- i was classed as missuse -- so all i can say those people who drink lots and abstain for 4 days etc have been very lucky -- dont risk it and abstain as long as possible as it's a nightmare if you fail and all the worry starts again---- just want to say a massive thank you to you all who have given me wise words and support and good luck to you all you'll get there i promise xxx
Congratulations!🥳 dit you get your license back after 8 days? No writing to your gp or waiting for months for the whole process? Trying not to get my hopes up but this is grate news.

Congratulations!🥳 dit you get your license back after 8 days? No writing to your gp or waiting for months for the whole process? Trying not to get my hopes up but this is grate news.
they wrote to my gp before hand ? which was 4 weeks ago i called him discussed the form and he sent it back same day 10 days to scan onto dvla system i called dvla who gave me the medical doctors contact i called him and he said he had to wait for the dvla letter before he could book me in -3 days later he called ( he was on a conference so i had to wait a week for the appointment all went well i only said i had a drink on the 8th -- just called dvla and test came back @ 0.7% x

they wrote to my gp before hand ? which was 4 weeks ago i called him discussed the form and he sent it back same day 10 days to scan onto dvla system i called dvla who gave me the medical doctors contact i called him and he said he had to wait for the dvla letter before he could book me in -3 days later he called ( he was on a conference so i had to wait a week for the appointment all went well i only said i had a drink on the 8th -- just called dvla and test came back @ 0.7% x
yeah 8 days from blood test -- i havent had my letter but went online and said i had full 10yr licence -- rang them to double check lol to make sure i wasnt having a mirage!! xx there is a light guys x ive been exactly 2 yrs off the road

yeah 8 days from blood test -- i havent had my letter but went online and said i had full 10yr licence -- rang them to double check lol to make sure i wasnt having a mirage!! xx there is a light guys x ive been exactly 2 yrs off the road

Great news.

I take it you have zero medical history of alcohol problems, hence the 10 year licence?

CJ

I'm intrigued. The DVLA have me listed as a misuser of alcohol. I'm not an HRO, no convictions for drink driving however I experienced a medical episode whilst driving and the police submitted a medical report to the DVLA who in turn contacted my GP and grassed me up as a misuser of alcohol. The DVLA have revoked my licence and requested that I provide evidence of an improvement in my mental health and controlled drinking, without such evidence they won't consider my application for the return of my licence. What they don't explain is what they consider evidence.

It would appear on the face of things that if I submit my application in the expectation that the DVLA will send me off for a medical it will be refused because I haven't provided any evidence. My CDT test results from Medichecks will not be accepted by all accounts so I don't really know what's expected of me. I've asked my GP but they're clueless and the DVLA were of no help. It really is a chicken and egg situation.

I'm intrigued. The DVLA have me listed as a misuser of alcohol. I'm not an HRO, no convictions for drink driving however I experienced a medical episode whilst driving and the police submitted a medical report to the DVLA who in turn contacted my GP and grassed me up as a misuser of alcohol. The DVLA have revoked my licence and requested that I provide evidence of an improvement in my mental health and controlled drinking, without such evidence they won't consider my application for the return of my licence. What they don't explain is what they consider evidence.

It would appear on the face of things that if I submit my application in the expectation that the DVLA will send me off for a medical it will be refused because I haven't provided any evidence. My CDT test results from Medichecks will not be accepted by all accounts so I don't really know what's expected of me. I've asked my GP but they're clueless and the DVLA were of no help. It really is a chicken and egg situation.
Register a last drink date with your GP and get liver function tests done monthly or 2 monthly with your doc. Also discuss with GP about your mental health and if you're on meds and able to, see if you can reduce your prescription. This will show your drinking is controlled. I'd say abstain from alcohol now until after you have the CDT blood test when the DVLA send you for one when you reapply for your licence. I think misuse of alcohol has to be proved to under control for 6 months.

Register a last drink date with your GP and get liver function tests done monthly or 2 monthly with your doc. Also discuss with GP about your mental health and if you're on meds and able to, see if you can reduce your prescription. This will show your drinking is controlled. I'd say abstain from alcohol now until after you have the CDT blood test when the DVLA send you for one when you reapply for your licence. I think misuse of alcohol has to be proved to under control for 6 months.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately liver function tests are pointless for me due to a condition that causes high ferretin levels that can be interpreted as being due to alcohol which is why a CDT test is far more accurate but my GP won't entertain the idea of conducting one. Reducing my medication is not going to be an option. I stopped taking the medication that resulted in the accident at the time so the other medication that I'm taking has no bearing on my ability to drive, my GP has already stated this in their response to the DVLA. Therefore I find myself in the ridiculous position of not being able to provide the required evidence that the DVLA need to process my application.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off