CDT test

Convicted Driver Insurance

Hopefull

Well Known Member
Good morning every one. Just want to share. Just got my cdt test results back. And it is 0.8 can’t believe it I was so worried because of lots of post saying it could take 12 weeks to come down. I had it done thru pathdirect they charge £85 for the test and £25 to take your blood. They did use the wrong tube when I last went or there was some mix up so had to go again the Friday before last. They have been so helpful. I do enjoy some wine and bear over weekends but don’t drink during the week. I did not drink for 4 days before my test.

Good morning every one. Just want to share. Just got my cdt test results back. And it is 0.8 can’t believe it I was so worried because of lots of post saying it could take 12 weeks to come down. I had it done thru pathdirect they charge £85 for the test and £25 to take your blood. They did use the wrong tube when I last went or there was some mix up so had to go again the Friday before last. They have been so helpful. I do enjoy some wine and bear over weekends but don’t drink during the week. I did not drink for 4 days before my test.
I abstained 4 days before my test too. Before that I had 2 bottles of wine but nothing before that for ages. It’s reassuring. Thanks for your post 👍🏻

When is your DVLA test, as the Pathdirect Test (never heard of them as I used Medicheck,) is only for your own peace of mind and means nothing to the DVLA.

When is your DVLA test, as the Pathdirect Test (never heard of them as I used Medicheck,) is only for your own peace of mind and means nothing to the DVLA.
Hi there I am still trying to get a medical. I paid the surgery they send me a letter and said they can only make a booking when they have the payment, made payment emailed them proof called again today now they say they will contact me😵‍💫 feel like I am going in circles. If you Google Nuffield Health you fill see under their services the blood test but then you give your details or book it online they have a couple of hospitals in different areas. So will go for my medical as soon as I get a booking just so relieved and at least not worrying about the cdt part. Would be interested to see if it comes down more in the next two weeks. Still worried they decide not to return my license after I have been on the forum and see so many peoples posts about what they had to go thru. So yes just peace of mind about the cdt part but who knows what comes back from the gp. Has tried to speak to them since June emailed called feeling like a am harassing them but all the response I get is that I don’t have something wrong with me they can’t contact me because of the work load and this is not i priority , witch I understand. The ban was ok it is trying to get my license back. My husband and son is the ones being punished mostly and the disabled man I am taking care of 2 days a week. I told him I understand if I get a new carer because I can’t drive but he has been so kind and said he trust me and after 4 years of being there for him he will try and wait it out for me to get my license back. But I was suppose to have it back 8 May then there was a problem that even the dvla don’t understand. To fix it I would have to get all the paperwork from the court cases so after 3 court cases fighting my offence and spending so much money I just could not be bothered to fight a gain just to loose so now it is suppose to be finished 11 November. Maybe if I am lucky I will have it in January.

Hi there I am still trying to get a medical. I paid the surgery they send me a letter and said they can only make a booking when they have the payment, made payment emailed them proof called again today now they say they will contact me😵‍💫 feel like I am going in circles. If you Google Nuffield Health you fill see under their services the blood test but then you give your details or book it online they have a couple of hospitals in different areas. So will go for my medical as soon as I get a booking just so relieved and at least not worrying about the cdt part. Would be interested to see if it comes down more in the next two weeks. Still worried they decide not to return my license after I have been on the forum and see so many peoples posts about what they had to go thru. So yes just peace of mind about the cdt part but who knows what comes back from the gp. Has tried to speak to them since June emailed called feeling like a am harassing them but all the response I get is that I don’t have something wrong with me they can’t contact me because of the work load and this is not i priority , witch I understand. The ban was ok it is trying to get my license back. My husband and son is the ones being punished mostly and the disabled man I am taking care of 2 days a week. I told him I understand if I get a new carer because I can’t drive but he has been so kind and said he trust me and after 4 years of being there for him he will try and wait it out for me to get my license back. But I was suppose to have it back 8 May then there was a problem that even the dvla don’t understand. To fix it I would have to get all the paperwork from the court cases so after 3 court cases fighting my offence and spending so much money I just could not be bothered to fight a gain just to loose so now it is suppose to be finished 11 November. Maybe if I am lucky I will have it in January.
Did the DVLA appoint your GP for their test? The test MUST be carried out within a certain period of time (I can't remember exactly what this is,) and I know you have to book it within 6 weeks and then inform the DVLA by phone of the date and time of your Medical Exam. Something does not seem right here. I would contact the DVLA and inform them of the problems you are having getting a booking for your medical.

Did the DVLA appoint your GP for their test? The test MUST be carried out within a certain period of time (I can't remember exactly what this is,) and I know you have to book it within 6 weeks and then inform the DVLA by phone of the date and time of your Medical Exam. Something does not seem right here. I would contact the DVLA and inform them of the problems you are having getting a booking for your medical.
Thanks Luna for your reply. This is the second doctor the dvla has given me the first one did only have a cell nr when you call it it say you have the correct nr for dvla appointment and you have to text them your details and M nr and they will make appointment via text. After 2 weeks not hearing from them I called dvla they then looked up a different doctor then had to send paper work again about waiting 3 days after receiving the letter to make a appointment. So started all over again I must say when ever I spoke to dvla they have been very helpful and understanding cause most of the time I was in tears worrying about it all. Then in June I found this forum and I wanted to speak to my gp after reading posts from people saying their gp’s has told the dvla things about them that is not true example coorstitegher. Just to make sure there was not any thing om my record that could be a reason for me not getting my license back.

Thanks Luna for your reply. This is the second doctor the dvla has given me the first one did only have a cell nr when you call it it say you have the correct nr for dvla appointment and you have to text them your details and M nr and they will make appointment via text. After 2 weeks not hearing from them I called dvla they then looked up a different doctor then had to send paper work again about waiting 3 days after receiving the letter to make an appointment. So started all over again I must say when ever I spoke to dvla they have been very helpful and understanding cause most of the time I was in tears worrying about it all. Then in June I found this forum and I wanted to speak to my gp after reading posts from people saying their gp’s has told the dvla things about them that is not true example coorstitegher. Just to make sure there was not any thing om my record that could be a reason for me not getting my license back.
Hi, the GP didn’t share anything with the DVLA as I haven’t had a medical neither have DVLA written to my GP that I’m aware of. My post was due to me asking my GP for my patient records. It was then that I seen a whole host of inaccuracies written about me, specifically questioning or suspecting alcohol dependency or misuse. Neither of which were accurate, although it didn’t matter to the gp practice as they wouldn’t remove it. Not that it matters, as it was over six years ago (only by a couple of months) so outside of their 6 year window.

Sorr
Hi, the GP didn’t share anything with the DVLA as I haven’t had a medical neither have DVLA written to my GP that I’m aware of. My post was due to me asking my GP for my patient records. It was then that I seen a whole host of inaccuracies written about me, specifically questioning or suspecting alcohol dependency or misuse. Neither of which were accurate, although it didn’t matter to the gp practice as they wouldn’t remove it. Not that it matters, as it was over six years ago (only by a couple of months) so outside of their 6 year window.
sorry I did not read your post properly. This process on getting my license back is just consuming me and it feel like it is consuming all my energy. Wish I could just let it go and let the proses run it’s coarse and focus on the positive things that I take for granted.

Sorr

sorry I did not read your post properly. This process on getting my license back is just consuming me and it feel like it is consuming all my energy. Wish I could just let it go and let the proses run it’s coarse and focus on the positive things that I take for granted.
Hey it’s fine don’t be sorry, I think it’s important to focus on what’s really important. To many including myself, my license was everything. I still ring dvla maybe twice a week etc. Recent events with my health have brought a whole new perspective. You see, I really don’t know how long I’m gonna be around. I’m only 56.
I’ve wasted the last three years absolutely consumed with the pursuit of that piece of plastic, when I could have been living my best life. I’ll never get this three years back. I do understand how consuming it becomes, and how fragile and mentally damaging it can be, leading to severe anxiety at times. I don’t know the answers. But I know that first and foremost, your health and Time are our two most valuable commodities. Good luck with your licence I hope it’s not long for you 😊

Hey it’s fine don’t be sorry, I think it’s important to focus on what’s really important. To many including myself, my license was everything. I still ring dvla maybe twice a week etc. Recent events with my health have brought a whole new perspective. You see, I really don’t know how long I’m gonna be around. I’m only 56.
I’ve wasted the last three years absolutely consumed with the pursuit of that piece of plastic, when I could have been living my best life. I’ll never get this three years back. I do understand how consuming it becomes, and how fragile and mentally damaging it can be, leading to severe anxiety at times. I don’t know the answers. But I know that first and foremost, your health and Time are our two most valuable commodities. Good luck with your licence I hope it’s not long for you 😊
👍you so right
feeling so down. The dvla gp would not tell me when they have available appointments before I pay them. Payed and now they tell me no appointments available. Called DVLA they said they sorry nothing they can do and when the 12 weeks I was given is finished I will have to start the application from new again.😭😭😭 just so tired I don’t know what to do anymore just call every day and pray for a cancellation. I can’t even think straight anymore every day I am just waking up and going to bed with this dark cloud hanging over me every day. I need my licence to work. I am so upset but can’t even speak to my gp because then my mental health might be a problem again this is giving me mental Heath issues. Sorry just venting so angry sad frustrated and nothing I can do just have to keep calling and calling.

👍you so right

feeling so down. The dvla gp would not tell me when they have available appointments before I pay them. Payed and now they tell me no appointments available. Called DVLA they said they sorry nothing they can do and when the 12 weeks I was given is finished I will have to start the application from new again.😭😭😭 just so tired I don’t know what to do anymore just call every day and pray for a cancellation. I can’t even think straight anymore every day I am just waking up and going to bed with this dark cloud hanging over me every day. I need my licence to work. I am so upset but can’t even speak to my gp because then my mental health might be a problem again this is giving me mental Heath issues. Sorry just venting so angry sad frustrated and nothing I can do just have to keep calling and
Have you tried calling dvla and asking for another doc. I told dvla I was willing to travel 50 mile radius to get my blood test, so I got given 4 different docs in today until I found a doc with a close enough date...

👍you so right

feeling so down. The dvla gp would not tell me when they have available appointments before I pay them. Payed and now they tell me no appointments available. Called DVLA they said they sorry nothing they can do and when the 12 weeks I was given is finished I will have to start the application from new again.😭😭😭 just so tired I don’t know what to do anymore just call every day and pray for a cancellation. I can’t even think straight anymore every day I am just waking up and going to bed with this dark cloud hanging over me every day. I need my licence to work. I am so upset but can’t even speak to my gp because then my mental health might be a problem again this is giving me mental Heath issues. Sorry just venting so angry sad frustrated and nothing I can do just have to keep calling and calling.
It might be that you need to travel further afield to get your medical. I am not sure where you live, but even in the central belt of Scotland it only takes about a week to get an appointment.

You could try asking the DVL if they can give you the names of a few GP's in your area who carry them out and then call them to see when they have spaces.

Once you get one, get back in touch with the DVLA and tell them the name of the GP you want to go to. They were happy to allow me to select the practice I wanted to go to from the 4 they provided me with.

Have you tried calling dvla and asking for another doc. I told dvla I was willing to travel 50 mile radius to get my blood test, so I got given 4 different docs in today until I found a doc with a close enough date...
Ha I told them anywhere in the British isles you tell me where and when and I’ll be there the next morning

It’s tough, but don’t be down, fight….be proactive. Don’t give in. Never give in. Tell them you will travel anywhere and take cancellations

Ha I told them anywhere in the British isles you tell me where and when and I’ll be there the next morning
The issue is, is they go through the doctors with clinics happening within 12 weeks of your letter arriving. Sotherton first one I got was 12th Dec, tried again couldn't get surgery to answer, tried another 18th November, tried another 18th October. So I took that one. I'm in Buckinghamshire, I had to travel to Northamptonshire. You have to call DVLA each time to say you want a different doc to try

I go to the Glasgow Medical Rooms in Glasgow. This is a private clinic, but it costs the same for the test. The longest I have had to wait is 2 weeks because the Doctor who does the exam was on holiday, but other times I have gotten it within a week.

Here's a link and it wouldn't hurt to call them.

I'll need another medical when my 1 year licence expires in Feb 23.

The issue is, is they go through the doctors with clinics happening within 12 weeks of your letter arriving. Sotherton first one I got was 12th Dec, tried again couldn't get surgery to answer, tried another 18th November, tried another 18th October. So I took that one. I'm in Buckinghamshire, I had to travel to Northamptonshire. You have to call DVLA each time to say you want a different doc to try
The first time this happened to me, the Doctor they gave me was totally unhelpfull about making an appointment, so I called DVLA and went through a list of Practices on the phone with them, selected 3, called them, found out who was the earliest, called the DVLA back and said that's who I want to to.

I go to the Glasgow Medical Rooms in Glasgow. This is a private clinic, but it costs the same for the test. The longest I have had to wait is 2 weeks because the Doctor who does the exam was on holiday, but other times I have gotten it within a week.

Here's a link and it wouldn't hurt to call them.

I'll need another medical when my 1 year licence expires in Feb 23.

Thanks Luna,
Glasgow would be good for me, I’m in the borders east coast side. So Newcastle or Edinburgh or even Glasgow. Hell even Cardiff 😂

I’ll make a note of their number just in case DVLA stop lying to me and progress my application,
God dealing with DVLA is like talking to my ex wife lol

Thanks Luna,
Glasgow would be good for me, I’m in the borders east coast side. So Newcastle or Edinburgh or even Glasgow. Hell even Cardiff 😂
I've always wondered where you're from cos you say pal a lot lol I've always read your messages in a Scottish accent 🤣

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off