CDT Test (Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin)

Convicted Driver Insurance

Dave999

Thanks for getting back to me - look forward to hearing your result! Did they contact your gp at all?! I need to answer yes to mental health from the past 3 years!
They wrote to risums (drug and alcohol team) not my gp. Don’t worry to much about that , best thing to do is ask your doctor or psychiatrist to back your app. I ticked yes to mental health due to depression (on 15mg matazapeen) yes to drugs (on 10ml of methadone) been clean for over 12 months got testing to back me up. Before I started this process, 1. I phoned my gp to confirm they would back me(they said yes) 2. Phoned my key worker in risums and they also said yes. Aslong as you are addressing your problems you will be fine

MrKu

You got your license haven’t you? Well done mr ku what’s the damage on the inshurance?
Thank you. Yes I have my license back and I’m back on road finally :)
I will be paying the total of £770 on insurance for one year which I can’t believe. I was expecting to be alot higher. Im paying less than I used to do before hmm…

Tdubs

Letter arrived this morning from the DVLA, enclosed was the results from my blood sample taken as part of the medical.

Total CDT Level recorded was 0.6%, so pretty much baseline.

Total abstinence from alcohol before the medical - 998 days, so yeah pretty much as I expected. Happy days.

Capitano08

For anyone worrying about the CDT test I wouldn’t. To be fair Im not a heavy drinker but I do like a beer every week. I was also in Seville for the football 3wks before my medical and had a stag do when I came back.

Both were events where I drank a lot more than usual. I was 13 days without a drink before my medical and my CDT result was 0.7%.

Dave999

Letter arrived this morning from the DVLA, enclosed was the results from my blood sample taken as part of the medical.

Total CDT Level recorded was 0.6%, so pretty much baseline.

Total abstinence from alcohol before the medical - 998 days, so yeah pretty much as I expected. Happy days.
Mate I had my letter today I had 0.5 of 13 days of not drinking

Dave999

Thank you. Yes I have my license back and I’m back on road finally :)
I will be paying the total of £770 on insurance for one year which I can’t believe. I was expecting to be alot higher. Im paying less than I used to do before hmm…
Can you let me know the provider please mate because I think I’ll have my licence back soon my cdt was 0.5 gp sent letter last week can’t wait to drive again

Dave999

Did they contact your gp
13 days mate don’t listen to anyone on here that says any different I was told by a dvla medical doctor, that they see it that alcoholics won’t be able to abstain for two weeks. I was a weekend drinker and I had my results today 0.5 and they contacted my gp because of mental health (ain’t depresseants and I had to admit to drug use.
But before I started this I made sure my doctor would back me mate.

Jamiedunford

13 days mate don’t listen to anyone on here that says any different I was told by a dvla medical doctor, that they see it that alcoholics won’t be able to abstain for two weeks. I was a weekend drinker and I had my results today 0.5 and they contacted my gp because of mental health (ain’t depresseants and I had to admit to drug use.
But before I started this I made sure my doctor would back me mate.
I haven’t smoked weed for 5 months should I say on the questionnaire that I did used to smoke

Dave999

I haven’t smoked weed for 5 months should I say on the questionnaire that I did used to smoke
I ticked yes for mental health (depression) and yes for drugs but I am on 10mg of methadone so my doctor was aware
It will be on there somewhere but I haven’t directly gone to them as it being a problem
Have a chat with your gp mucca phone the surgery and have a gp to speak to you cos being on the same page is vital.
You will fly the drug test anyway by the sound of it. But the official advice on weaker drugs like weedis 6 months absence but a urine test can only prove 28.
Find out if the doctor has on you and match up.
Don’t drink for 13 days before your blood test and licence sorted mate

Dave999

It will be on there somewhere but I haven’t directly gone to them as it being a problem
I am on matazapeen and 10ml methdone mate but I have been off everything for like 2 years. The questionnaire asks you have you in the last 3 years done
Weed
Coke
Pills
heroin
Then when how much.
Your gp will know when you spoke about it . Match your doctor and you will be good 👍

Dave999

What’s your time frame so far butt?
Myne is
Ban ended April 26th
Medical 5th may
June 5th wrote to my gp
July had cdt result 0.5
But I have been honest all the way

Jamiedunford

What’s your time frame so far butt?
Myne is
Ban ended April 26th
Medical 5th may
June 5th wrote to my gp
July had cdt result 0.5
But I have been honest all the way
Ban ends 7th august
Sent off may 18th
Phoned yesterday they said they sent the letter yesterday then I can book my medical for 13th august then I’m 6months clean of anything

Jamiedunford

Just be careful fella I think they contact your gp now anyways so get on the same page
I’m just gunner be honest and say I’m 6 months free of alcohol and cannabis well I will be by the time I do the medical and my test results will reflect that

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off