CDT Test (Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin)

Convicted Driver Insurance
If they’ve gone to your GP does that mean that your CDT% is in a ok region? I ticked yes to a an accident which happened when I got arrested. However I have not spoke to my GP in over 10 years and they are requesting my documents from them, I abstained for 3 weeks before my medical and 2 weeks before that. So hoping I should be ok if they’ve not denied me straight away

If they’ve gone to your GP does that mean that your CDT% is in a ok region? I ticked yes to a an accident which happened when I got arrested. However I have not spoke to my GP in over 10 years and they are requesting my documents from them, I abstained for 3 weeks before my medical and 2 weeks before that. So hoping I should be ok if they’ve not denied me straight away

I think so yes you have done more than what I did to astain.

I requested mine via the "subject access request".
I requested mine by subject access request back in January and I can't remember the wording of the reply but it was on the lines of inconclusive. I was awarded a 1 year licence, but it annoys me that I'll never know!

I requested mine by subject access request back in January and I can't remember the wording of the reply but it was on the lines of inconclusive. I was awarded a 1 year licence, but it annoys me that I'll never know!
Sorry I've never read on here that anyone has had an inconclusive result. Did you seek clarification from the DVLA? Repeat test?

Well, got back from a bit of a weekend away. Heavy weekend too and found another DVLA letter on the mat. This one adding the CDT test on top of the urinalysis. That would have been only 10 days notice! I called and rearranged the date of the medical till mid September.
Sneaky buggers!

Well, got back from a bit of a weekend away. Heavy weekend too and found another DVLA letter on the mat. This one adding the CDT test on top of the urinalysis. That would have been only 10 days notice! I called and rearranged the date of the medical till mid September.
Sneaky buggers!
Yeah apparently they like to do that, however there have been many warning posts on here about that one. They will be crying now you've re arranged it 😂

I couldn't get a result from medichecks either so I panicked when it came to the DVLA test. I completley abstained for 7 weeks and got a result of 0.2. Didn't really drink much beforehand though.
My Medichecks was 0.3 and DVLA was 0.4 and I thought I was low,

16 Stella’s on the weekend , 4 mid week If the football was on , just had my licence issued today 😊
That gives me hope I was abstinent 3 month had CDT of 0.4. But over the past 5 days I've had around 20 drinks... I have 13 days abstinance to hopefully get it back to normal range 🤞

That gives me hope I was abstinent 3 month had CDT of 0.4. But over the past 5 days I've had around 20 drinks... I have 13 days abstinance to hopefully get it back to normal range 🤞
You will be fine it’s designed to catch alcholics

You will be fine it’s designed to catch alcholics
Thank you for putting my mind at rest. My mum said same! But you know we just want everything to be right don't we? Especially as I've worked on myself mentally n been abstinent so much since my ban just want dvla to see that! Had medical yesterday so I'll update when I get results :)

Thank you for putting my mind at rest. My mum said same! But you know we just want everything to be right don't we? Especially as I've worked on myself mentally n been abstinent so much since my ban just want dvla to see that! Had medical yesterday so I'll update when I get results :)
It’s head work init like losing your legs. my result was 0.5. when I was at my medical I quizzed the doctor and was told that no alcoholic can stop for 2 weeks. put in an email asking for your results as they don’t issue your blood cbt result without the access email. I’m sure there are dvla medical staff that come on here too scare people

It’s head work init like losing your legs. my result was 0.5. when I was at my medical I quizzed the doctor and was told that no alcoholic can stop for 2 weeks. put in an email asking for your results as they don’t issue your blood cbt result without the access email. I’m sure there are dvla medical staff that come on here too scare people
You actually do get a letter from the DVLA (eventually,) with your CDT level.

I received mine well after my licence had been issued.

Ah that makes more sense I did think it would be mean collering people for the odd night out or 1 or 2 in front of tele. And thanks I will do do you have email address/where can I find it? Thanks :)

You actually do get a letter from the DVLA (eventually,) with your CDT level.

I received mine well after my licence had been issued.
I asked after my test and was told to make an acsess email. You may be right the dvla needs re shaping . I have my licence now but I know how hard and nerve racking the medical is. for one or two mistakes we are made to jump through hoops.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off