Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

CDT Test (Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin)

Re: DVLA High Risk Offender Medical

Hi Guys

Almost 3 years ago I did not get round to doing the medical. Been working abroad and haven't needed to drive.
However I am back now and do need to drive - Rapido !

I have been good with my drinking so don't have any real worries but would like to do a Mock / Practice test first, just to be on the safe side. I have spoken to the DVLA appointed doctor who is happy to do it for £160.00. Not Cheap.

On the other hand I have found medichecks advertising on this forum quoting £79.00.

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for these people, it is half the price and I wonder if it just too good to be true. Not wishing to cause offence but for all I know it could be some spotty faced teenager in his bedroom scamming away. I do hope not !

I would love to hear some good endorsements for this outfit, this is an important test that I need to get right first time.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: DVLA High Risk Offender Medical

Hi Guys

Almost 3 years ago I did not get round to doing the medical. Been working abroad and haven't needed to drive.
However I am back now and do need to drive - Rapido !

I have been good with my drinking so don't have any real worries but would like to do a Mock / Practice test first, just to be on the safe side. I have spoken to the DVLA appointed doctor who is happy to do it for £160.00. Not Cheap.

On the other hand I have found medichecks advertising on this forum quoting £79.00.

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for these people, it is half the price and I wonder if it just too good to be true. Not wishing to cause offence but for all I know it could be some spotty faced teenager in his bedroom scamming away. I do hope not !

I would love to hear some good endorsements for this outfit, this is an important test that I need to get right first time.

Thanks.
You can read about a forum members experience using Medichecks here.

In short they purchased a CDT test from Medichecks which produced a result of 0.9% CDT.

They also had a different CDT test performed which involved visiting a hospital to provide a blood sample, this test produced a result of 1% CDT and cost nearly twice the price of a Medichecks CDT test.

The CDT blood test they had as part of the DVLA medical produced a result of 0.9% CDT, the same result as from Medichecks.

Last edited:
Buy CDT Test