What are the so called ' Red flags ' that people report of not wanting to contribute towards them failing the DVLA medical assessment, to get issued .

Convicted Driver Insurance
What are the so called 'Red flags ' that people report of not wanting to contribute towards them failing the DVLA medical assessment,to get issued with a new driving license.

I don't usually like duplicating posts, however I'll paste the response I gave you to this question on another thread, just so that others don't need to repeat anything I've said (unless they want to, of course).

Possible 'red flag', if you have alcohol dependency or alcohol misuse on your GP patient record (or on DVLA's record):
  • Mentioning that you have had an alcoholic drink within the last 12 months (6 months for misuse, however there have been plenty of cases where people have had their licence rejected after claiming they've had a few pints during those 6 months - *so it's safer to say you haven't had anything to drink).
Possibly 'red flag', if you don't have dependency or misuse on your GP patient record (or on DVLA's record):
  • Mentioning that you drink more than 14 units per week, or have drunk 6 or more units on a single occasion.
There may be other 'red flags'. Those are the two main ones. Claiming that you've abstained for months and then getting a CDT above 1.6% would also be a red flag.

* Don't do this if your GP knows different, or if you've already mentioned to the DVLA that you've had a drink within the past 6 months.

I don't usually like duplicating posts, however I'll paste the response I gave you to this question on another thread, just so that others don't need to repeat anything I've said (unless they want to, of course).

Possible 'red flag', if you have alcohol dependency or alcohol misuse on your GP patient record (or on DVLA's record):
  • Mentioning that you have had an alcoholic drink within the last 12 months (6 months for misuse, however there have been plenty of cases where people have had their licence rejected after claiming they've had a few pints during those 6 months - *so it's safer to say you haven't had anything to drink).
Possibly 'red flag', if you don't have dependency or misuse on your GP patient record (or on DVLA's record):
  • Mentioning that you drink more than 14 units per week, or have drunk 6 or more units on a single occasion.
There may be other 'red flags'. Those are the two main ones. Claiming that you've abstained for months and then getting a CDT above 1.6% would also be a red flag.

* Don't do this if your GP knows different, or if you've already mentioned to the DVLA that you've had a drink within the past 6 months.
I've just had a medical and said I had 6 unit's on my birthday 6 January this year I've not been done for drink driving they also done a urine test for drugs what do you think will be said about having 6 unit's binge drinking or what???

I've just had a medical and said I had 6 unit's on my birthday 6 January will this class me as a binge drinker said maybe 6 unit's twice a year

I've just had a medical and said I had 6 unit's on my birthday 6 January this year I've not been done for drink driving they also done a urine test for drugs what do you think will be said about having 6 unit's binge drinking or what???

I've just had a medical and said I had 6 unit's on my birthday 6 January will this class me as a binge drinker said maybe 6 unit's twice a year
All I can say is that it's a red flag for alcohol misuse. I can't tell you whether the DVLA will class it as misuse, as I don't know exactly how they go about deciding whether that's the case, or not. I'm not trying to panic you, however it's entirely possible that they will come to the conclusion that you have misused alcohol.

If they do label you as an alcohol misuser, they will reject your licence application and inform you that you must show at least 6 months controlled drinking. By controlled drinking I mean that you must not exceed the government guidelines of 14 units per week or drink 6 units or more on a single occasion (per day/drinking 'session', if that helps explain what 'single occasion' means). If this does happen, my suggestion would be to abstain from drinking altogether, at least for the 6 months, and until you get your licence back.

All I can say is that it's a red flag for alcohol misuse. I can't tell you whether the DVLA will class it as misuse, as I don't know exactly how they go about deciding whether that's the case, or not. I'm not trying to panic you, however it's entirely possible that they will come to the conclusion that you have misused alcohol.

If they do label you as an alcohol misuser, they will reject your licence application and inform you that you must show at least 6 months controlled drinking. By controlled drinking I mean that you must not exceed the government guidelines of 14 units per week or drink 6 units or more on a single occasion (per day/drinking 'session', if that helps explain what 'single occasion' means). If this does happen, my suggestion would be to abstain from drinking altogether, at least for the 6 months, and until you get your licence back.
I haven't been banned for drink driving though

I haven't been banned for drink driving though
That makes no difference I'm afraid.

Many drivers have had their licences revoked for alcohol misuse and dependency, and they haven't been banned for anything (some have points from minor offences, like speeding) and have no criminal record.

That makes no difference I'm afraid.

Many drivers have had their licences revoked for alcohol misuse and dependency, and they haven't been banned for anything (some have points from minor offences, like speeding) and have no criminal record.
Your joking so do you think they will definitely revoke my license and I'll lose my job

Your joking so do you think they will definitely revoke my license and I'll lose my job
I don't know the answer to that, and no one else on this forum can answer that either. The best any of us can say is that it's a possibility that you will lose your licence for at least 6 months.

So many people are losing their licences because they've been honest. Just think how many people drink more than what is set out in the Government Guidelines for alcohol consumption - if their GP's reported them to the DVLA, the roads would be much quieter.

My advice now would be to get in contact with your GP and make sure that there isn't anything on your patient record to suggest that you've ever had an issue with alcohol. Get your GP's support as soon as possible.

Have you ever declared any problems with alcohol, to your GP?
Why have you had to have a medical, if you don't mind me asking?

My advice now would be to get in contact with your GP and make sure that there isn't anything on your patient record to suggest that you've ever had an issue with alcohol. Get your GP's support as soon as possible.

Have you ever declared any problems with alcohol, to your GP?
Why have you had to have a medical, if you don't mind me asking?
I've never had a issue with drinking on my doctor's and someone reported me anonymous to DVLA

Its ridiculous when you think about it, 6 units in one sitting the DVLA see as misuse and binging. two pints of a "stronger" lager in a sitting sees you as binging, yet I've known people have two and drive and blow under the breath limit? its something like 14 units over a week having 3 days off during the week, so technically having 4 pints of stronger lager over a 7 day period could label you a misuser..... i dont drink anymore but back when a did especially a weekend 4 pints was a warm up to the main act!!

I've never had a issue with drinking on my doctor's and someone reported me anonymous to DVLA
It wont help that someone has reported you, you will most certainly be on the radar with the DVLA going forward, what were the reasons someone has reported you, do you know?

It wont help that someone has reported you, you will most certainly be on the radar with the DVLA going forward, what were the reasons someone has reported you, do you know?
Yes a woman in the street reported me my wife and two other people in the same street to DVLA for drink and drugs abuse she's insane

She sounds a charming woman with too much time on her hands, she's certainly played a blinder there!

The fact that you've been reported to the DVLA won't help, as TCB1989 has mentioned. All you can do now is wait, and hope that they overlook it.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off