I want to die

Convicted Driver Insurance
Without sorry so that’s about 18 I think with? June 2025 they said. The duty solicitor said that’s the best i could have hoped for. He pushed for no community service and so so glad about that: now when I know I haven’t made the paper I’ll be able to breathe I think 🙈

Sorry I was so blunt when I said what I got I was crying , I am pleased it’s over I was really wishing for a lower ban but think that was silly wishful thinking with my reading. Panicking about the next two years with no car but it could of been worse. The duty solicitor did amazing x

Without sorry so that’s about 18 I think with? June 2025 they said. The duty solicitor said that’s the best i could have hoped for. He pushed for no community service and so so glad about that: now when I know I haven’t made the paper I’ll be able to breathe I think 🙈
It’s done you made a mistake unfortunately based on your readings that’s what the magistrate go on . I hope you where offered the course well worth doing and know judgement . I doubt you will make the local papers and if so it would be a couple of lines that know one reads . Have a good nights sleep x

It’s done you made a mistake unfortunately based on your readings that’s what the magistrate go on . I hope you where offered the course well worth doing and know judgement . I doubt you will make the local papers and if so it would be a couple of lines that know one reads . Have a good nights sleep x

Yea I was offered the course so definitly will be doing that. Off to bed now that was mentally exhausting! Thanks everyone for advice on dressing smart I was the only one in waiting room not wearing a dirty tracksuit 🙈

Yea I was offered the course so definitly will be doing that. Off to bed now that was mentally exhausting! Thanks everyone for advice on dressing smart I was the only one in waiting room not wearing a dirty tracksuit 🙈
😂me too lots of tracksuits with lots of sequins on . Don’t get get me wrong I was there being charged with the same crime but have a bit of pride .

As a twice stupidly in 10 year drink driver I thought I’d have learnt the first time round and I didn’t, this time something has changed in me. Mainly no more booze, not that everyone has to go to the degree but it was a personal choice for me.

Once the court date is done and dusted trust me you will feel 1,000,000% better. It’s like a weight off and almost a line drawn under the scenario in terms of legalities. I wasn’t in the paper either times I was convicted and nothing was on Facebook about me either drink driving is one of those if there were no fatalities or an absolute colossal crash and drama surrounding it I honestly wouldn’t worry.

The fear and anxiety will subside and I give credit to your other half, he’s right what he says it’s done, it’s a mistake, get some food and it will all sort itself out!

One thing that hasn’t yet been mentioned you will be classed as a high risk offender to the DVLA meaning you will need to satisfy them physically and mentally medically before you get your license back, so my advice over the course of your ban, cut the drink down to a minimum and speak with your GP about it all!
Hi stupidly again i have been caught HRO 2nd time just over 3 yrs ago last time
again stupid decision but no excuses
can i asked what ban etc did you get i am so worried i might get sentenced ? x

Hi stupidly again i have been caught HRO 2nd time just over 3 yrs ago last time
again stupid decision but no excuses
can i asked what ban etc did you get i am so worried i might get sentenced ? x
Hi sillyjo,

It's a minimum 3 year ban and no option of taking a reduction course.

What was your reading at the police station? Can you give us an idea of what happened, so that we can best advise.

Thanks.

Hi sillyjo,

What was your reading at the police station? Can you give us an idea of what happened, so that we can best advise.

Thanks.
Sometimes they will offer the course again. It depends on the magistrate. Worth asking for it....

Hi sillyjo,

Thanks.
Eh, that's not correct about the DDW course. I was HRO on my first ban in April 2017 (not offered the course.) I was then caught and banned in July 2019 and was offered the course. If you ask you will probably get it, especially, as like me you have 'not learned your lesson.'

My readings were also high. 124 the first time and 96 the second time.

Hi sillyjo,

Thanks.
It was 120 I was outside the chip shop so not driving and hadn't actually driven drunk at the time I had the drink sat in the car stupid stupid but going through a really rough patch but again no excuses for it
Charged with drunk in charge of vehicle x

I can categorically tell you with 100% certainty that my driving ban (having blown 102, and by the finest of margins avoided community service) was only the start of my problems.

I thought it was the end of everything. Nope - it was just the start. The start of a lot of bad things, that just very quickly, but very comprehensively, became completely out of control.

But the common denominator in it all, was ME.

Me and my behaviour, my life choices at the time, my attitude to alcohol (as a ‘cure’, or perhaps panacea) and at times other substances, to mask the pain I was feeling. Life was awful. I won’t go into too much more detail, or I’ll manage to occupy a page of this site on my own.

It took as long as it took for me to realise that I’d been looking in entirely the wrong place for solace in my life. So I strongly urge you not to head down the same path; and instead do your best to find and establish your own personal (if not addictional) path to recovery. And that has NOTHING to do with alcohol, it’s to do with YOU.

Owing to a number of circumstances and aggravating personal factors, I now realise I was looking at life in completely the wrong way. I was so caught-up in how unlucky I felt in life, and why things kept going wrong for me. I had taken completely for granted how lucky I actually was, and had let one or two factors completely overwhelm that.

My own behaviour - and more importantly my erstwhile perspective on life - never happened to cross my mind, until one day I finally saw it.

It was up to me.

5.5 years post conviction, and with a complete change of attitude, I’m back to where I was. I’m back on a brilliant salary (with a share in the business) and with a full license back for 1.5 years now. My kids think I’m a hero again. 🙂

Life couldn’t be better, in many ways. It’s not perfect, as I suffered a terrible tragedy 11 months ago. But I dealt (or am dealing) with it far better than I would have, had it happened back in 2018. And that’s only because of me, and how I choose to look at things. We truly do reap what we sow sometimes.

Time passes. And life moves on. And you will too. Just allow that to happen, and choose the healthy things in life to bring you happiness. 🙂

P.S. I hope the op goes well.
fabulous....

I'm an HRO. Did the awareness course on both convictions.
(Didn't count for anything though! My licence was reissued 7 months after my ban ended, plus I was £125 worse off!)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off