Early return of license - need advice / assistance on this matter

Convicted Driver Insurance

Farsi_47767

Hi all

So I have a question regarding the potential to get my driving license back in court in the halfway point of my latest ban which will be in May / June 2025.

Currently I have a DR30 failure to provide ban which started in 2022 and ends in 2026 (4 year ban)

And also a BA10 ban which started in 2023 and was for a total of 51 months

Just wanted to clarify if it will still be possible to try and get my license back early in the middle of 2025 which will be the halfway point of my latest ban which was the BA10 one. The halfway point of the latest ban would be half of 51 months so 25 and a half months which goes to May / June 2025 which is when I intend to apply to the courts for early return of driving license. Just wanted to clarify if this will still be possible with my other ban on record and how this will all work?

I believe I have good reasons to do so as I am a registered carer for a family member and also need a car for work as I have been out of work since my ban and it is affecting my employment.

Have also attached pictures of the bans that I am talking about and the lengths of each ban. My license is definitely something I will not be messing around with again as I definitely do understand the consequences of it now!

Thank you all for listening and any advice would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0356.png
    IMG_0356.png
    199.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0357.jpeg
    IMG_0357.jpeg
    233.8 KB · Views: 20
There is no mechanism which would prevent you from applying to have both bans reduced. By waiting until the halfway point of your BA10 ban to apply, you will already have passed the point at which you can apply for the reduction in your DR30 ban. The court could, in theory, reduce both bans, one or neither.

I think the practical question is whether or not the court would grant your request. I’m unsure as to the background of you personally or your case but your bans are incredibly lengthy. The court obviously had fairly serious concerns or a lot of aggravating factors which they are going to look at again when you apply.

Being a registered carer and having your employment affected by your ban are not, in my opinion, anywhere near sufficient enough to have your ban reduced. These are the unpleasant sides of drink driving which affect a lot of us. If this is what you are leading with you will really need to flesh it out. You usually need to show fairly significant personal development as well as demonstrate how the ban is having a serious adverse effect on your life as opposed to making any elements of it temporarily inconvenient.

I do echo what bad karma is saying in this post, early returns of licenses are possible at set points throughout various length bans, i myself will be going through this process April 2025.

I myself am in a situation with a number of other things but the main one being my in laws now whereby they no longer have licenses and require a fair bit of medical attention, which is solely on my wife who works full time, speaking with a solicitor however he did say this would be a valid and favourable reason for a magistrate to return a license, as long as it is proven, and a statement of mitigation regarding this.

For yourself i feel you are really up against it with the double ban so to speak, this will really go against you and i think this will be a massive highlight as a reason not to return your license especially with the severity of the length of the bans and one being a BA10 endorsement, this will be seen as a blatant disregard for the law, this might be your stumbling block in being successful.

Personally i would speak to a solicitor about all this you can have free consultations and im pretty sure they will let you know if it is/isnt worth doing. That being said a number of users on here have reapplied for early return and have been successful, i have seen more successful than not, ultimately get your ducks in a row, hopefully you have kept out of trouble since and theres always that chance!

I concur with the above posts. One user in particular comes to mind. They have the same convictions as yourself (I'm fairly certain they do) and had their licence returned early. I'll try and dig out the post. I can't at the moment as I'm sat waiting to be called in for my medical 😬

Thank you all for your input , it really helps

And thank you @xenonema let me know if you find the post you are mentioning so I can take a look!

Thank you all for your input , it really helps

And thank you @xenonema let me know if you find the post you are mentioning so I can take a look!

Quick question, would it be possible to apply again for early return of license after 3 months again if the first application is unsuccessful? Please can someone clarify if it is possible to reapply every 3 months

Thank you

Quick question, would it be possible to apply again for early return of license after 3 months again if the first application is unsuccessful? Please can someone clarify if it is possible to reapply every 3 months

Thank you
There's nothing stopping you from applying after 3 months (minimum of 3 months), waiting 3 months and applying again, and so on. I suspect that the outcome isn't going to change, unless there's a change in circumstances (reason for wanting your licence back early etc).

I recall the lovely ex moderator Price saying that this dilutes your case for early return and I agree with the poster above

Hi all

So I have a question regarding the potential to get my driving license back in court in the halfway point of my latest ban which will be in May / June 2025.

Currently I have a DR30 failure to provide ban which started in 2022 and ends in 2026 (4 year ban)

Just wanted to clarify if it will still be possible to try and get my license back early in the middle of 2025 which will be the halfway point of my latest ban which was the BA10 one. The halfway point of the latest ban would be half of 51 months so 25 and a half months which goes to May / June 2025 which is when I intend to apply to the courts for early return of driving license. Just wanted to clarify if this will still be possible with my other ban on record and how this will all work?

I believe I have good reasons to do so as I am a registered carer for a family member and also need a car for work as I have been out of work since my ban and it is affecting my employment.

Have also attached pictures of the bans that I am talking about and the lengths of each ban. My license is definitely something I will not be messing around with again as I definitely do understand the consequences of it now!

I was successful with 2 drink driving convictions in 10yrs with 3 drink driving convictions on record I say go for it, but only if you have have your drinking under control and under control means give up the booze it's the only way you won't look back good luck

I was successful with 2 drink driving convictions in 10yrs with 3 drink driving convictions on record I say go for it, but only if you have have your drinking under control and under control means give up the booze it's the only way you won't look back good luck
Thank you , did you go it alone or did you appoint a solicitor to help get your driving license back early? Also how long was your ban and how long into the ban did you apply?

If you keep re-applying for early return
every three months without any change in your circumstances.

Thank you , did you go it alone or did you appoint a solicitor to help get your driving license back early? Also how long was your ban and how long into the ban did you apply?
I went it alone after 2yrs of a 4yr ban if you want any advice dm me good luck 👍

Hi all

Hate to say it but is highly unlikely you will get an early return of your license based on what you have posted. Most people on this forum have paid DD solicitors to get a ban reduced . The only way to get it reduced is to pay the money and do the drink drive course if offered . I’m sorry Big Tom you are great on this forum but I disagree with your comment on a driving licence being a privilege it’s not it’s paying for driving lessons etc that the DVLA set out

I recall the lovely ex moderator Price saying that this dilutes your case for early return and I agree with the poster above

Good old Pricey. Nice to know after two years absence, he is still remembered on this site.

CJ

In a way it is a privilege, and for the likes of some people myself included we have lost that privilege due to our actions!

Hate to say it but is highly unlikely you will get an early return of your license based on what you have posted. Most people on this forum have paid DD solicitors to get a ban reduced . The only way to get it reduced is to pay the money and do the drink drive course if offered . I’m sorry Big Tom you are great on this forum but I disagree with your comment on a driving licence being a privilege it’s not it’s paying for driving lessons etc that the DVLA set out
What utter tosh I didn't do a drink driving course I didn't pay a DD solicitor I just gave up the drink went to court and spoke the truth never heard so much rubbish on here if you don't know don't make stuff up

What utter tosh I didn't do a drink driving course I didn't pay a DD solicitor I just gave up the drink went to court and spoke the truth never heard so much rubbish on here if you don't know don't make stuff up
Not tosh I’m just saying good for you didn’t take up the dd drive course up to you then . We all went to court pleaded guilty hard not to

In a way it is a privilege, and for the likes of some people myself included we have lost that privilege due to our actions!
It’s not a privilege it’s government guidelines you and me did our driving tests etc we lost our license because we didn’t adhere to the government rules and paid the consequences but my time is up end of I’m not going to spend the rest of life worrying about my dd conviction

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off