DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Have you got it back now? Was it because a new gp filled out a questionnaire from previous gps notes? Not sure I understand why revoked? Sounds really harsh!

I will always protest my innocence, I admit I made a life changing mistake 8 years ago and was punished for it, however when I received my driving licence in 2021 I genuinely thought it was over and could move on with my life and did, yet 12 months later the DVLA literally ripped it away from me thanks to some GP ticking the wrong box without any consultation or nothing, absolutely unbelievable to be honest!!

I will always protest my innocence, I admit I made a life changing mistake 8 years ago and was punished for it, however when I received my driving licence in 2021 I genuinely thought it was over and could move on with my life and did, yet 12 months later the DVLA literally ripped it away from me thanks to some GP ticking the wrong box without any consultation or nothing, absolutely unbelievable to be honest!!
The GP ticked the box to say in the last 6 years has your patient been alcohol dependent yet I haven’t, she sent an email to the DVLA stating this was incorrect yet too late!

The GP ticked the box to say in the last 6 years has your patient been alcohol dependent yet I haven’t, she sent an email to the DVLA stating this was incorrect yet too late!

That alone shouldn't have caused them to revoke your licence though, unless they stated that you'd been drinking within the last 12 months. They must have stated that you had a problem with drinking within those 12 months, otherwise they wouldn't revoke your licence based solely on that.

Did you manage to get a copy of the DD2 that your GP sent off to the DVLA?

Edit: Also, did you ask your GP to CC/BCC the email that she sent to the DVLA, stating that she answered the question incorrectly?

Do you have your licence back now?

That alone shouldn't have caused them to revoke your licence though, unless they stated that you'd been drinking within the last 12 months. They must have stated that you had a problem with drinking within those 12 months, otherwise they wouldn't revoke your licence based solely on that.

Did you manage to get a copy of the DD2 that your GP sent off to the DVLA?

Edit: Also, did you ask your GP to CC/BCC the email that she sent to the DVLA, stating that she answered the question incorrectly?

Do you have your licence back now?
Thank you for your reply, unfortunately I don’t have my driving licence back as the DVLA stated I had to prove total abstinence for 12 months, I have all the reports sent from A GP and quite frankly it looked like a 5 year old had answered the questions!! I contacted 6 solicitors regarding this as I was 100% sure that it was a mistake, 4 off them told me “don’t get involved with the DVLA as you will never win” 1 was an apprentice and the other quoted me 10 thousand pounds and said if I lose I would have to pay the DVLA costs….so I gave up!!

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately I don’t have my driving licence back as the DVLA stated I had to prove total abstinence for 12 months, I have all the reports sent from A GP and quite frankly it looked like a 5 year old had answered the questions!! I contacted 6 solicitors regarding this as I was 100% sure that it was a mistake, 4 off them told me “don’t get involved with the DVLA as you will never win” 1 was an apprentice and the other quoted me 10 thousand pounds and said if I lose I would have to pay the DVLA costs….so I gave up!!

Are you still in touch with the GP that made the error? If so, is she willing to admit that the information she provided the DVLA was an error on her part? I know you said that she was, and did, at the time, I'm just wondering if she'd be cooperative now?

Are you still in touch with the GP that made the error? If so, is she willing to admit that the information she provided the DVLA was an error on her part? I know you said that she was, and did, at the time, I'm just wondering if she'd be cooperative now?
I’ve changed my GP practice now, I sent them emails asking so many questions regarding this and unfortunately had no answers from them

I’ve changed my GP practice now, I sent them emails asking so many questions regarding this and unfortunately had no answers from them

Do you know what date the email was sent from your GP (the one at the time) to the DVLA?

Yes no problem I have nothing to hide I’m a very honest person who made a mistake 8 years ago

Yeah, there's a lot of others on this forum that are in a very similar boat. I was at one point - my GP (got shut of her as soon as she refused to put it right) shafted me over good with the DVLA. There's a good chance that her handy work may have messed up any chance I have of getting a longer than 1 year medical licence this time round too.

To be fair, I don't care if it is only a 1 year medical licence that I get, I'm more than happy to have a CDT test done every year for the rest of my life, if I have to*. CJ put my mind at ease about the CDT test and my 0.9% result last year - I'm massively grateful to him for that as it really was scaring me.

Edit: *as long as I don't have to pay for any of them at any point.

Hi,

Just got my licence back applied with D1 form on end of November got CDT booked for 5th Jan results came back 1.1% on the 16th. Licence issued for 10 years. Kept calling DVLA everyday from the 8th they got the bloods straight away but doctor took too long to send questionnaire back. Sent a email to the Tim email address also around the 13th as there was a job dependent on me getting my licence back.

HRO banned back in 2019 for DR40 and previous DR10 in 2016, was young and dumb definitely have learnt my lesson now. I abstained for 2 weeks prior to the blood test and had a glasss of wine on NYE.
Hello, whats the email address? x

Hi everyone,

Haven't posted for a while but read this forum constantly and have found it so helpful!
I was banned for 29 months, slight reduction with the course and my ban is technically up on the 28th of March. I'm a HRO so had my medical last Wednesday.
Not sure if anyone can advise on this but am I wasting my time by checking licence info online? I assume it will continue to read 'You are disqualified until 28th March 2024' until this date has passed. Trying to resist the urge to hound the DVLA as I know I still have 6 weeks until D Day anyway, however as we all know this wait is excruciating! Sometimes just some confirmation, good or bad makes all the difference.

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi everyone,

Haven't posted for a while but read this forum constantly and have found it so helpful!
I was banned for 29 months, slight reduction with the course and my ban is technically up on the 28th of March. I'm a HRO so had my medical last Wednesday.
Not sure if anyone can advise on this but am I wasting my time by checking licence info online? I assume it will continue to read 'You are disqualified until 28th March 2024' until this date has passed. Trying to resist the urge to hound the DVLA as I know I still have 6 weeks until D Day anyway, however as we all know this wait is excruciating! Sometimes just some confirmation, good or bad makes all the difference.

Thanks,

Sarah
Hi Sarah,

You're not wasting your time by checking online. As soon as your licence is granted, it will say that your licence is valid from the 29th March 2024. I'd probably just check once a week, so that you don't drive yourself insane.

I probably wouldn't bother calling them, as they'll no doubt just tell you that you're still disqualified anyway.

Hi Sarah,

You're not wasting your time by checking online. As soon as your licence is granted, it will say that your licence is valid from the 29th March 2024. I'd probably just check once a week, so that you don't drive yourself insane.

I probably wouldn't bother calling them, as they'll no doubt just tell you that you're still disqualified anyway.
Hiya,

Thank you!
All I needed to hear, appreciate it (y)

Do you know if they've been in contact with your GP or not? I guess you could call the DVLA and just ask if they are wanting to do that. The only reason I mention this is because when I first applied for my licence back a few years ago, they wrote to my GP and 4 months passed before they sent a letter out to me to say that the GP hadn't responded. I wish I had known about this, however it wouldn't really have mattered since my new (now old) GP lied about when I'd last consumed alcohol, so I was declined my licence anyway.

Do you know if they've been in contact with your GP or not? I guess you could call the DVLA and just ask if they are wanting to do that. The only reason I mention this is because when I first applied for my licence back a few years ago, they wrote to my GP and 4 months passed before they sent a letter out to me to say that the GP hadn't responded. I wish I had known about this, however it wouldn't really have mattered since my new (now old) GP lied about when I'd last consumed alcohol, so I was declined my licence anyway.
Hiya, mad to say this but I just called for that exact reason. Turns out they've sent a letter out today to tell me that my licence will be issued in the next 14 days. Over the moon - really appreciate the advice! Amazing for it to all nearly be over :) Sorry to hear about your troubles, complete minefield all this!

Hi Sarah,

I probably wouldn't bother calling them, as they'll no doubt just tell you that you're still disqualified nyway.

Hiya, mad to say this but I just called for that exact reason. Turns out they've sent a letter out today to tell me that my licence will be issued in the next 14 days. Over the moon - really appreciate the advice! Amazing for it to all nearly be over  Sorry to hear about your troubles, complete minefield all this!

Hiya, mad to say this but I just called for that exact reason. Turns out they've sent a letter out today to tell me that my licence will be issued in the next 14 days. Over the moon - really appreciate the advice! Amazing for it to all nearly be over  Sorry to hear about your troubles, complete minefield all this!

Hi,

Just got my licence back applied with D1 form on end of November got CDT booked for 5th Jan results came back 1.1% on the 16th. Licence issued for 10 years. Kept calling DVLA everyday from the 8th they got the bloods straight away but doctor took too long to send questionnaire back. Sent a email to the Tim email address also around the 13th as there was a job dependent on me getting my licence back.

HRO banned back in 2019 for DR40 and previous DR10 in 2016, was young and dumb definitely have learnt my lesson now. I abstained for 2 weeks prior to the blood test and had a glasss of wine on NYE.
Hi, what’s the Tim email? What is the email address, please?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off