DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
I meant the report the dvla ask for from your own gp not the actual dvla medical assessment with the cdt test

Well I was never asked to pay for anything to do with the DD2 form. However it did state in my letter that I may be asked to pay for the DVLA medical examination. I've never heard of anyone having to actually pay for it, it's just what it says on the paperwork. Maybe it's down to the individual practice/surgery as to whether you have to pay or not?

I just know that I had about £250 set aside to pay to get my licence back.

£90 for the licence application, which I assume covered the cost of sending out all paperwork (medical questionnaires and updates) and for the inhouse medical team to assess the results back from the DVLA medical examination.

£120 for the DVLA medical examination (CDT test and general health check).

£40 FU factor and to pay for me to get to and from the DVLA medical (3 hour train journey).

As it happens I only ended up paying the £90, I didn't pay for anything else.

Well I was never asked to pay for anything to do with the DD2 form. However it did state in my letter that I may be asked to pay for the DVLA medical examination. I've never heard of anyone having to actually pay for it, it's just what it says on the paperwork. Maybe it's down to the individual practice/surgery as to whether you have to pay or not?

I just know that I had about £250 set aside to pay to get my licence back.

£90 for the licence application, which I assume covered the cost of sending out all paperwork (medical questionnaires and updates) and for the inhouse medical team to assess the results back from the DVLA medical examination.

£120 for the DVLA medical examination (CDT test and general health check).

£40 FU factor and to pay for me to get to and from the DVLA medical (3 hour train journey).

As it happens I only ended up paying the £90, I didn't pay for anything else.

Same as me then! Maybe because my friend asked to see gp face to face to go through gps report together?

I'm not sure. I went through the report with my GP before it was sent. I didn't think I had, however after asking my partner about it, she says that I did go and see my GP and talk to him whilst he filled out the DD2 - I'd always advise that it best to go through the DD2 with your GP, face to face if possible (that way you can make sure they've not answered any question(s) incorrectly).

I know that they have quotas for medications, it wouldn't surprise me if they had quotas for this stuff too.

Hi,

Just got my licence back applied with D1 form on end of November got CDT booked for 5th Jan results came back 1.1% on the 16th. Licence issued for 10 years. Kept calling DVLA everyday from the 8th they got the bloods straight away but doctor took too long to send questionnaire back. Sent a email to the Tim email address also around the 13th as there was a job dependent on me getting my licence back.

HRO banned back in 2019 for DR40 and previous DR10 in 2016, was young and dumb definitely have learnt my lesson now. I abstained for 2 weeks prior to the blood test and had a glasss of wine on NYE.

Hi,

Just got my licence back applied with D1 form on end of November got CDT booked for 5th Jan results came back 1.1% on the 16th. Licence issued for 10 years. Kept calling DVLA everyday from the 8th they got the bloods straight away but doctor took too long to send questionnaire back. Sent a email to the Tim email address also around the 13th as there was a job dependent on me getting my licence back.

HRO banned back in 2019 for DR40 and previous DR10 in 2016, was young and dumb definitely have learnt my lesson now. I abstained for 2 weeks prior to the blood test and had a glasss of wine on NYE.

Can I ask you how much you were drinking prior to your 1 glass of wine NYE? Had you abstained until then or still been drinking up until your notice of appointment? I would be really interested on length of time it took for your cdt to normalise!?

Can I ask you how much you were drinking prior to your 1 glass of wine NYE? Had you abstained until then or still been drinking up until your notice of appointment? I would be really interested on length of time it took for your cdt to normalise!?
I went on holiday in late November (last week of Nov) had a lot to drink whilst there. Came back to the UK end of Nov had 6 weeks to book my CDT test which I booked for the 5th Jan which was only available time slot so I had about 5 weeks for my CDT to normal which DVLA recommends anyways. But on Christmas Day I had 2 double whiskeys and 1 glass of wine and 1 glass of wine on NYE.

I looked into the CDT test and came to realise it detects heavy alcohol abuse over the last few weeks however if you have a glass here and there prior to your test it shouldn’t spike your levels too high.

But as DVLA says on the medical letter 4-5 weeks abstain is recommended to prove your not dependent or misuse alcohol.

That’s my two cents 😂

I went on holiday in late November (last week of Nov) had a lot to drink whilst there. Came back to the UK end of Nov had 6 weeks to book my CDT test which I booked for the 5th Jan which was only available time slot so I had about 5 weeks for my CDT to normal which DVLA recommends anyways. But on Christmas Day I had 2 double whiskeys and 1 glass of wine and 1 glass of wine on NYE.

I looked into the CDT test and came to realise it detects heavy alcohol abuse over the last few weeks however if you have a glass here and there prior to your test it shouldn’t spike your levels too high.

But as DVLA says on the medical letter 4-5 weeks abstain is recommended to prove your not dependent or misuse alcohol.

That’s my two cents 

Thank you so much for that! Appreciated. I was abstinent for a year then stupidly drank Christmas period!!! Will have been abstinent again for 7 weeks from 25th Dec.....medical booked for 5th Feb so hopefully will be all clear?!

Hi folks,

Just wanted to provide some information on the timeline (at least in my case) from when I applied for my driving licence until I received it. I am a high risk offender so needed to go for a medical also.

9th August
Sent driving licence application off in the post with a cheque for relevant amount (£96 if i remember correctly)

1st September
Cheque cleared

10th September
Received letter from DVLA informing me of the doctors details I needed to make an appointment with for my medical and that I had 21 days to make an appointment. Had a reply slip with pre-paid envelope I had to fill out and return to DVLA once I had booked the appointment, this was to inform them of the time and date of said appointment.

22nd September
This was the date of my medical. Was pretty straightforward really. Gave a urine sample and a blood sample which a nurse took. I then seen the doctor who asked me questions about my drinking habits, took my blood pressure etc

11th October
Driving licence arrived in the post, YES!!! :D

I completely stopped drinking for 6 weeks leading up to the medical. I dont drink that regularly anyway, was just being safe rather than sorry. I was however worried as I had been taking a lot of ibuprofen and co-codamol in the weeks leading up to the medical due to a foot sprain and had read that this could lead to elevated liver enzymes. Looks like I was worrying needlessly anyway.

Well thats it folks, the whole sorry and stressful mess finally completely and utterly over with :D:D:D:D

Hope this info proves helpful to some one, good luck to everyone in a similar position.

P.S: This web site has been a great help
Great news, how long have the DVLA given you your licence for?

I
That user hasn't been on for over 10 years, so you won't get any response from them. I just thought I'd mention it to Jonno.
thank you, hopefully you have read my story, I was convicted of DD in oct 2015, I was given my Driving licence back in 2021 having attended a DVLA medical assessment and Dec 20th 2022 walked in to a letter from the DVLA telling me my driving licence had been revoked it, my whole world fell apart! The lesson I learned was if the DVLA gives you your licence back for 1 year don’t change anything in your life, I relocated, changed jobs, bought a lovely car, and began a relationship with a beautiful lady, and this was all literally ripped away from me!! Dr BG Wiles didn’t even have the balls to talk to me from the DVLA absolutely disgusting and embarrassing for him

I

thank you, hopefully you have read my story, I was convicted of DD in oct 2015, I was given my Driving licence back in 2021 having attended a DVLA medical assessment and Dec 20th 2022 walked in to a letter from the DVLA telling me my driving licence had been revoked it, my whole world fell apart! The lesson I learned was if the DVLA gives you your licence back for 1 year don’t change anything in your life, I relocated, changed jobs, bought a lovely car, and began a relationship with a beautiful lady, and this was all literally ripped away from me!! Dr BG Wiles didn’t even have the balls to talk to me from the DVLA absolutely disgusting and embarrassing for him

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off