CDT finger prick test - any good?

Convicted Driver Insurance
I haven't sent my application in yet so haven't filled in the medical forms
I haven’t received a medical form just a letter with the medical booking form, but I will be answering no to all alcohol questions and that matches up to my gp records also.

I haven’t received a medical form just a letter with the medical booking form, but I will be answering no to all alcohol questions and that matches up to my gp records also.
I have downloaded the form to look at it asks you when you last had a drink. Are you not drinking anything?

I have downloaded the form to look at it asks you when you last had a drink. Are you not drinking anything?
No I don’t drink anymore, i logged it with my doctor and they asked me what I drank previous to that and I said a bottle and a half a week 🫣 so it’s all confirmed and back on my gp record that I have full access to. I just wanted to have everything in order just in case .

No I don’t drink anymore, i logged it with my doctor and they asked me what I drank previous to that and I said a bottle and a half a week 🫣 so it’s all confirmed and back on my gp record that I have full access to. I just wanted to have everything in order just in case .
Well done

You would be wise not to declare any alcohol intake being classed as hro on the forms.
Getting worried about the whole thing now so I basically lie when it asks when was the last time I had a drink. Like I say Xmas was the last time so I don't admit to it? Plus the other question on the medical form is being involved in an accident for alcohol. I was when I got banned I didn't cause it but I was the one over the limit! What do I answer to that question??

Getting worried about the whole thing now so I basically lie when it asks when was the last time I had a drink. Like I say Xmas was the last time so I don't admit to it? Plus the other question on the medical form is being involved in an accident for alcohol. I was when I got banned I didn't cause it but I was the one over the limit! What do I answer to that question??
Read some of the horrendous threads on here about people declaring a small amount of alcohol intake only to get revoked after having undertaken yearly medicals some 5 years in a row. Its as simple as this if you have any history in your personal medical records relating to alcohol issues and put down you have had a drink at xmas you will not be getting your licence back any time soon.

Read some of the horrendous threads on here about people declaring a small amount of alcohol intake only to get revoked after having undertaken yearly medicals some 5 years in a row. Its as simple as this if you have any history in your personal medical records relating to alcohol issues and put down you have had a drink at xmas you will not be getting your licence back any time soon.
So basically you're saying I should say I don't drink on the medical?

In the past 7 years have you had any issues with alcohol that would class you as dependent or in the misuse category documented on your medical notes. If the answer is yes to either of the above and you admit to consuming alcohol they will instantly refuse your application and require proof of abstinence.

Check these threads below all revoked for admitting a small amount of alcohol in the last 6 weeks. Do not open the can of worms is my advise it will come back to bite you on the backside. There are more threads i just picked out 5 to give you the full picture.

Looking for some advice re license refusal

Guidelines changed 2021,revoked license

CDT 07% - Why told "do not re-apply for 12 month

Devastated

Licence revoked after 5 years of clean driving

Last edited:
Check these threads below all revoked for admitting a small amount of alcohol in the last 6 weeks. Do not open the can of worms is my advise it will come back to bite you on the backside. There are more threads i just picked out 5 to give you the full picture.

Looking for some advice re license refusal

Guidelines changed 2021,revoked license

CDT 07% - Why told "do not re-apply for 12 month

Devastated

Licence revoked after 5 years of clean driving
Thankyou very much for your advice much appreciated. When I do go for the medical n going to say that I drink anything. Thanks again

I was revoked my license for saying i was drinking a few bottles a year of 0.5 % Low alcohol beer, you would literaly need 10 half litre bottles to make that the equivalent of one bottle of full strength. Thats 5 litres I would be in the toilet more that at the BBQ!!, Its a crazy situation !!, so two beers would defo put you over the limit but after 20 bottles of the low alcohol stuff I dont think I could drink that in one evening. But still zero is zero !

I was revoked my license for saying i was drinking a few bottles a year of 0.5 % Low alcohol beer, you would literaly need 10 half litre bottles to make that the equivalent of one bottle of full strength. Thats 5 litres I would be in the toilet more that at the BBQ!!, Its a crazy situation !!, so two beers would defo put you over the limit but after 20 bottles of the low alcohol stuff I dont think I could drink that in one evening. But still zero is zero !
Its totally nuts gone say 0 in the future.

Slightly off topic... but the 6 or 7 years we have to endure before getting the Willy Wonka golden 10 year license. When is that dated from last recorded drink or when you hot you first one year license back?

How do you go about recording your last drink with the GP? Do you just book a consultation and declare you have stopped drinking? How does it work,

Yes either go to the doctors or book a telephone consultation if they do them. Bonkers I know to have tk make an appt with a doctor to tell them.nothing is wrong....

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off