DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
I attended my DVLA medical on Tuesday 27th February 2024 and my driving licence was renewed for another 12 months on the 12th March 2024. Exactly two weeks. I was regularly checking online. My driving licence finally came through the post yesterday.

CJ
I was hoping you would get a full one through this time CJ! Roll on next year and all the fun of the fair yet again... :cry:

I was hoping you would get a full one through this time CJ! Roll on next year and all the fun of the fair yet again... :cry:

Thank you Big Tom. It is what it is I suppose. At least by early 2025, I’ll be another year closer to that seven year milestone. Some of the medical questions I answered referred to documented alcohol problems I had in 2019, just after I was banned. As it is just shy of 5 years ago, they are still reluctant to give me a full licence just yet.

CJ

Thank you Big Tom. It is what it is I suppose. At least by early 2025, I’ll be another year closer to that seven year milestone. Some of the medical questions I answered referred to documented alcohol problems I had in 2019, just after I was banned. As it is just shy of 5 years ago, they are still reluctant to give me a full licence just yet.

CJ
Those couple of years should hopefully fly by. My last documented piece of evidence regarding alcohol was in 2019 too. It looks like 3 years is the longest licence I'll get now. I suspect that in 3 years (when I have to renew) the procedure will have no doubt changed again, in one way or another.

You may get lucky and only have to do 2 more medicals, depending on the date of the documented alcohol problems and your licence renewal date. Fingers crossed that you only have to do 1 more.

Those couple of years should hopefully fly by. My last documented piece of evidence regarding alcohol was in 2019 too. It looks like 3 years is the longest licence I'll get now. I suspect that in 3 years (when I have to renew) the procedure will have no doubt changed again, in one way or another.

I wouldn’t put it past the DVLA to extend the seven year medical history to ten years (or for the length of the DR10). They are certainly making this whole procedure much more strict & robust. My only concern is that the DVLA constantly move their goal posts but don’t tell anyone.

CJ

Back in April 2023 they did a full medical request from my GP, apparently unnecessarily. March 6th 2024 they have sent a further questionnaire to my GP.
Once the GP has got back, you should get your decision hopefully!

Always the longest part of the process that xxx

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off