DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Just had a letter from the DVLA with an update.
They are now sending a second questionnaire to the GP for more information.
I called the DVLA to ask why as I went through a needless medical inquiry last year and got an apology from them.
I started the process of applying for my licence June 2022, second round October 2023. Is the second questionnaire to decide if it's a 1 year or 10 year?

Timescale so far is 22 months

Testing mine too!

Be interested to hear if there is anyone waiting longer than 3 weeks after giving their sample.

It will be longer than three weeks if the DVLA is awaiting the personal GP’s correspondence to be returned. The medical team won’t make a decision until they have received everything.

CJ

Arrested 20th Nov 2023

Blew 113

Charged with drunk in charge early morning

Court date 15th December

4 month ban received

Applied for licence 20th Jan 2024

DVLA medical details received 21st Feb 2024

DVLA medical undertaken 5th March 2024

Full licence received in post 15th March 2024

Ban ends 15th April 2024

Reading between the lines I’ve been very lucky

Arrested 20th Nov 2023

Blew 113

Charged with drunk in charge early morning

Court date 15th December

4 month ban received

Applied for licence 20th Jan 2024

DVLA medical details received 21st Feb 2024

DVLA medical undertaken 5th March 2024

Full licence received in post 15th March 2024

Ban ends 15th April 2024

Reading between the lines I’ve been very lucky

You must have been very unlucky to be charged and banned for drunk in charge. I know most police and CPS solicitors hate drunk in charge because it is a really difficult offence to convict for. Invariably a lot of offenders get points on their licence rather than a ban.

CJ

You must have been very unlucky to be charged and banned for drunk in charge. I know most police and CPS solicitors hate drunk in charge because it is a really difficult offence to convict for. Invariably a lot of offenders get points on their licence rather than a ban.

CJ
They were going to give me 10 points until they found out I already had 3.

CJ
The magistrate was going to give me 10 points until they found out I already had 3 points which would of resulted in a 6 month ban.

Tried the 10 points and plead hardship but they were having none of it mainly because of the high reading.

I think a few of us are still waiting for a decision at the moment. I’m into my second week since I had the medical and I know of at least a couple of other people who have been waiting a while too.
It’s testing my patience 🤣
Had my urine on 29th results recieved on the 11th and still waiting for decision over here 🤦‍♀️😫

Hey everyone. Had my blood test in Jan, then they contacted my doctor and he urine on 29th march they recieved my results on the 11th now still waiting? Any one in similar situation 😫

Hey everyone. Had my blood test in Jan, then they contacted my doctor and he urine on 29th march they recieved my results on the 11th now still waiting? Any one in similar situation 😫

Hey similar situation. Medical on 5th March, results for urine was 11th also but still awaiting on decision.

Seems to be a few people who had medical end of feb/beginning of March awaiting a decision yet!

Hey similar situation. Medical on 5th March, results for urine was 11th also but still awaiting on decision.

Seems to be a few people who had medical end of feb/beginning of March awaiting a decision yet!
Oh wow ok! Well let’s keep each other updated! I keep checking online but no change yet x

I attended my DVLA medical on Tuesday 27th February 2024 and my driving licence was renewed for another 12 months on the 12th March 2024. Exactly two weeks. I was regularly checking online. My driving licence finally came through the post yesterday.

CJ
Congrats 🙌 amazing stuff 🥳

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off