Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drug test info anyone? Just done mine

RoughShift is offline Member

Default Drug test info anyone? Just done mine

Alright folks?
    These forums have been a great source to me as I attempt to regain my licence. I initially applied at the beginning of October. 2weeks later I received the D4 medical questionnaire in the post. I filled it out as honestly as I could, also giving the details of how to contact my
    own GP & sent it off. Roughly 10days after posting that I got another letter, this time
    It had the details of a doctor in my area. I had to make an appointment with him to provide a urine sample for drug testing purposes. I was away for the next week but made the appointment as soon as I returned, they could only give me one 3weeks away so had no choice but to take it. The date came Up quick & I went for the test yesterday. Was extremely quick. Didnít have to have my vision tested, there was no stripping off like the last time
    I done this medical, just a look at my arms (recovering drug addict) few questions about current prescriptions etc then off to fill the cup in a witnessed urine test... I have read that some people would be uncomfortable doing this, but itís not like heís standing there staring at yer junk!!. He just kinda floated around in the hall making small talk..
    Plus if your a guy.. you stand next to strangers in busy urinals all the time, really is nothing. Even though I had avoided going to the toilet beforehand I couldnít get much out, but he did say I had provided enough. And thatís allt there was to it. I asked him that given his experience would he know why the DVLA were paying for my test. He couldnít say, although he did tell me it was actually quite common that they pickup the tab for the blood test (liver function - booze related medical) but I was his 1st ever urine drug screen that he had seen where the DVLA were paying & heís been at it some years now. So yeh, is slightly odd but ainít complaint as it was over £100 the last time I had this test!! I did phone the DVLA some weeks pass to ask why, but all the girl on the phone said was something about wanting to help get me back on the road. So I can only look at that as a positive. Anyway.. my query is, would thay have contacted my GP after I returned the 1st medical form which asked for his details? Or will they contact him now? Iím pretty sure in the past they specifically write & tell you when they are doing this. After reading a load of posts in these forums theres a tiny part of me hoping that I could even have my driving status changed as early as a week from now, but I shanít get my hopes up over that. Fingers crossed I hear some good news before Xmas. Has any1 else had the DVLA pay the medical fee for them? & if so did you find out the reason they done so? Anyway.. will
    update. Cheers.

zebadee is offline Member

Default Re: Drug test info anyone? Just done mine

They paid for my alcohol medical, I can only assume that's cos I'm not technically classed as a HRO though (lost license over self-reported misuse, not any kind of driving conviction). Glad I didn't have to shell out £100 anyway!

What was the time frame from medical to hearing the results? I am classed hro, so really canít explain why they paid it, both the doctor & DVLA failed to really explain it, not that Iím complaining as it saves me a sore £100 and surely can only look it as a positive

Quote Originally Posted by RoughShift View Post
    What was the time frame from medical to hearing the results? I am classed hro, so really canít explain why they paid it, both the doctor & DVLA failed to really explain it, not that Iím complaining as it saves me a sore £100 and surely can only look it as a positive
    I've not heard back yet, had my medical on Wednesday 29th and the doctor said it should take 3 weeks... hoping it'll be quicker than that though.

You should be checking your licence status on the DVLA site, so many posts Iív read on here have said that within a week of medical that had changed, and then their actual physical licence took around 3weeks in the post. Although each case is different or if the DVLA still want to note from your GP as I suspect they will in my case then itís gonna take a while longer. Still canít hurt to check It out, all you need is driver number, N.I number and postcode. Good Luck.

You should be checking your licence status on the DVLA site, so many posts Iív read on here have said that within a week of medical that had changed, and then their actual physical licence took around 3weeks in the post. Although each case is different or if the DVLA still want to note from your GP as I suspect they will in my case then itís gonna take a while longer. Still canít hurt to check It out, all you need is driver number, N.I number and postcode. Good Luck.
    Yeah, I have been checking since yesterday Hoping it's updated soon... or else I get a letter through the post informing me they want to contact my GP (again)! It's so horrible just waiting around for a decision!

Sounds like we are in exactly the same situation as this ainít my 1st rodeo with medical & GP letters. Iím pretty sure they will want to contact mine, so have made a point in seeing him about it to double check heís on board (otherwise whatís the point! Lol) and Iím gonna go back down if they write to him just to reinforce the fact that everythingís going well & im in a good place. Just wanna do everything in my power to benefit this application, although now the medicals out the way, at the point where itís just wait n hope for the best. We have done everything we can & itís in the DVLAs hands now!! Iív certainly learned how precious your driving licence is & know I would never risk it again, as surely this process would just get harder &ímore prolonged?? When I phoned the DVLA and asked ďIím not complaining but why are you guys paying for this?Ē She have a half assed reply about wanting to help me back on the road, soall these wee things can only give hope. Iím assuming itís similar in your case, why else would they cover such an expense? Someone told me itís maybe as they thought Iíd fail it, which was a dumb statement, if they had any doubts about ya they definitely wouldnít pay it!! Keep us posted anyway as your medical was only 2days before mine, so
    might give me an idea when Iíd hear something. Hope you get a result

Sounds like we are in exactly the same situation as this ainít my 1st rodeo with medical & GP letters. Iím pretty sure they will want to contact mine, so have made a point in seeing him about it to double check heís on board (otherwise whatís the point! Lol) and Iím gonna go back down if they write to him just to reinforce the fact that everythingís going well & im in a good place. Just wanna do everything in my power to benefit this application, although now the medicals out the way, at the point where itís just wait n hope for the best. We have done everything we can & itís in the DVLAs hands now!! Iív certainly learned how precious your driving licence is & know I would never risk it again, as surely this process would just get harder &ímore prolonged?? When I phoned the DVLA and asked ďIím not complaining but why are you guys paying for this?Ē She have a half assed reply about wanting to help me back on the road, soall these wee things can only give hope. Iím assuming itís similar in your case, why else would they cover such an expense? Someone told me itís maybe as they thought Iíd fail it, which was a dumb statement, if they had any doubts about ya they definitely wouldnít pay it!! Keep us posted anyway as your medical was only 2days before mine, so
    might give me an idea when Iíd hear something. Hope you get a result
    Thanks mate, you're right it is just a waiting game now which is the hardest part as it's out of our hands!! I just phoned up and they said they have all my info and are just waiting for a decision from the medical team, couldn't tell me how long that'd take though I'm just emailing to request the results of my blood test, and will have to keep checking online!

Iím guessing they should have mine in a day or 2 then. Let me know if they email you the results of the blood test. Iív yet to read about anyone being told the test result before a decision is made. When I took the medical the doc did ask me if I was happy if they let me own GP and myself by email. Hereís hoping! Itís a stressful wait not knowing, although I have no concerns over the drug test I took

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Any movement yet while checking the status online m8??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast