Drug test info anyone? Just done mine

Convicted Driver Insurance

RoughShift

Alright folks?
These forums have been a great source to me as I attempt to regain my licence. I initially applied at the beginning of October. 2weeks later I received the D4 medical questionnaire in the post. I filled it out as honestly as I could, also giving the details of how to contact my
own GP & sent it off. Roughly 10days after posting that I got another letter, this time
It had the details of a doctor in my area. I had to make an appointment with him to provide a urine sample for drug testing purposes. I was away for the next week but made the appointment as soon as I returned, they could only give me one 3weeks away so had no choice but to take it. The date came Up quick & I went for the test yesterday. Was extremely quick. Didn’t have to have my vision tested, there was no stripping off like the last time
I done this medical, just a look at my arms (recovering drug addict) few questions about current prescriptions etc then off to fill the cup in a witnessed urine test... I have read that some people would be uncomfortable doing this, but it’s not like he’s standing there staring at yer junk!!. He just kinda floated around in the hall making small talk..
Plus if your a guy.. you stand next to strangers in busy urinals all the time, really is nothing. Even though I had avoided going to the toilet beforehand I couldn’t get much out, but he did say I had provided enough. And that’s allt there was to it. I asked him that given his experience would he know why the DVLA were paying for my test. He couldn’t say, although he did tell me it was actually quite common that they pickup the tab for the blood test (liver function - booze related medical) but I was his 1st ever urine drug screen that he had seen where the DVLA were paying & he’s been at it some years now. So yeh, is slightly odd but ain’t complaint as it was over £100 the last time I had this test!! I did phone the DVLA some weeks pass to ask why, but all the girl on the phone said was something about wanting to help get me back on the road. So I can only look at that as a positive. Anyway.. my query is, would thay have contacted my GP after I returned the 1st medical form which asked for his details? Or will they contact him now? I’m pretty sure in the past they specifically write & tell you when they are doing this. After reading a load of posts in these forums theres a tiny part of me hoping that I could even have my driving status changed as early as a week from now, but I shan’t get my hopes up over that. Fingers crossed I hear some good news before Xmas. Has any1 else had the DVLA pay the medical fee for them? & if so did you find out the reason they done so? Anyway.. will
update. Cheers.

They paid for my alcohol medical, I can only assume that's cos I'm not technically classed as a HRO though (lost license over self-reported misuse, not any kind of driving conviction). Glad I didn't have to shell out £100 anyway!

What was the time frame from medical to hearing the results? I am classed hro, so really can’t explain why they paid it, both the doctor & DVLA failed to really explain it, not that I’m complaining as it saves me a sore £100 and surely can only look it as a positive

What was the time frame from medical to hearing the results? I am classed hro, so really can’t explain why they paid it, both the doctor & DVLA failed to really explain it, not that I’m complaining as it saves me a sore £100 and surely can only look it as a positive
I've not heard back yet, had my medical on Wednesday 29th and the doctor said it should take 3 weeks... hoping it'll be quicker than that though.

You should be checking your licence status on the DVLA site, so many posts I’v read on here have said that within a week of medical that had changed, and then their actual physical licence took around 3weeks in the post. Although each case is different or if the DVLA still want to note from your GP as I suspect they will in my case then it’s gonna take a while longer. Still can’t hurt to check It out, all you need is driver number, N.I number and postcode. Good Luck.

You should be checking your licence status on the DVLA site, so many posts I’v read on here have said that within a week of medical that had changed, and then their actual physical licence took around 3weeks in the post. Although each case is different or if the DVLA still want to note from your GP as I suspect they will in my case then it’s gonna take a while longer. Still can’t hurt to check It out, all you need is driver number, N.I number and postcode. Good Luck.
Yeah, I have been checking since yesterday :) Hoping it's updated soon... or else I get a letter through the post informing me they want to contact my GP (again)! It's so horrible just waiting around for a decision!

Sounds like we are in exactly the same situation as this ain’t my 1st rodeo with medical & GP letters. I’m pretty sure they will want to contact mine, so have made a point in seeing him about it to double check he’s on board (otherwise what’s the point! Lol) and I’m gonna go back down if they write to him just to reinforce the fact that everything’s going well & im in a good place. Just wanna do everything in my power to benefit this application, although now the medicals out the way, at the point where it’s just wait n hope for the best. We have done everything we can & it’s in the DVLAs hands now!! I’v certainly learned how precious your driving licence is & know I would never risk it again, as surely this process would just get harder &’more prolonged?? When I phoned the DVLA and asked “I’m not complaining but why are you guys paying for this?” She have a half assed reply about wanting to help me back on the road, soall these wee things can only give hope. I’m assuming it’s similar in your case, why else would they cover such an expense? Someone told me it’s maybe as they thought I’d fail it, which was a dumb statement, if they had any doubts about ya they definitely wouldn’t pay it!! Keep us posted anyway as your medical was only 2days before mine, so
might give me an idea when I’d hear something. Hope you get a result

Sounds like we are in exactly the same situation as this ain’t my 1st rodeo with medical & GP letters. I’m pretty sure they will want to contact mine, so have made a point in seeing him about it to double check he’s on board (otherwise what’s the point! Lol) and I’m gonna go back down if they write to him just to reinforce the fact that everything’s going well & im in a good place. Just wanna do everything in my power to benefit this application, although now the medicals out the way, at the point where it’s just wait n hope for the best. We have done everything we can & it’s in the DVLAs hands now!! I’v certainly learned how precious your driving licence is & know I would never risk it again, as surely this process would just get harder &’more prolonged?? When I phoned the DVLA and asked “I’m not complaining but why are you guys paying for this?” She have a half assed reply about wanting to help me back on the road, soall these wee things can only give hope. I’m assuming it’s similar in your case, why else would they cover such an expense? Someone told me it’s maybe as they thought I’d fail it, which was a dumb statement, if they had any doubts about ya they definitely wouldn’t pay it!! Keep us posted anyway as your medical was only 2days before mine, so
might give me an idea when I’d hear something. Hope you get a result
Thanks mate, you're right it is just a waiting game now which is the hardest part as it's out of our hands!! I just phoned up and they said they have all my info and are just waiting for a decision from the medical team, couldn't tell me how long that'd take though :( I'm just emailing to request the results of my blood test, and will have to keep checking online!

I’m guessing they should have mine in a day or 2 then. Let me know if they email you the results of the blood test. I’v yet to read about anyone being told the test result before a decision is made. When I took the medical the doc did ask me if I was happy if they let me own GP and myself by email. Here’s hoping! It’s a stressful wait not knowing, although I have no concerns over the drug test I took

Nope!! Just phoned and they said it's been passed on to a team who are working on a maximum 2 week timescale ? so I might not hear for another 2 weeks I guess. Very frustrating

That is frustrating m8.. I guess it will a similar answer if I phoned. I’v got a theory that they catch many more drink drivers around Xmas, so this time of year there would maybe be more people applying to get it back.. meaning delays for everyone

That is frustrating m8.. I guess it will a similar answer if I phoned. I’v got a theory that they catch many more drink drivers around Xmas, so this time of year there would maybe be more people applying to get it back.. meaning delays for everyone

Yeah I had the same thought! It's probably worth phoning to ask cos you might have been transferred to a different team. I just hope they don't decide they want to contact my GP (...again) and drag the process out any further ?

I sent then an email, they say my my info if now with the relevant team but I could request the information they have by writing to the medical group or by sending an email to an address they provided which I have done. Being Friday I doubt il hear anything until next week now

Any word of your case zebedee?

Nope ? I called up again on Friday and they said my case is with a team who are working on a "2 weeks maximum" timescale but idk if that's 2 weeks from last Monday or what. Either way I'm not feeling overly hopeful of hearing anything lol. How about you?

Maybe much the same, just that they have the information from medical and it’s now with the revelant team who will review and make a decision (feel a letter from gp comin
Up!!) they never mentioned a 2week timeframe just they know I’v been waiting a while and aim to do it ASAP. Was given an address to write to if I want to know the medical results. There was an email address for this also so I sent one off. It’s the not knowing is a pain mate

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off