Drug test info anyone? Just done mine

Convicted Driver Insurance
Tick tock, tick tick.....

I swear this waiting on info from DVLA would turn you to drink & drugs ?? and I’v definitely got a few grey hairs just showed up!! I guess no news Is good news right now & if they need a note from my GP - of which at this point I’m pretty certain that’s gonna be
the case- then so be it, it’s only the time waiting that pisses me off!’ Hopefully by the time I’v been notified in writing they will have already started that process of getting in touch with him. “Upto 90days” it claims on the initial application!! Though I have 11days until that milestone so I’m whinging prematurely, still...
I sent mine away that long ago now Tony Robison & co have found younger artefacts on Time Team, I was dodging dinosaurs just to post it ?? ...needless to say, it’s been awhile. Elon Musk or Google will have probably made driverless A.I cars the norm by the time I’m thru this & no human being will be operating vehicles!!

Silly bad jokes aside.. just growing ever so ‘slightly’ impatient of not knowing a damn thing & I am sick of the sight of
their “view licence status” page, & the excitement draining from your soul each morning! This post is kinda pointless & just a must needed rant to shake this frustration out the system. Without wanting to sound overly dramatic..’it kinda feels like your life’s on hold as you wait for word & I guess it’s not a completely pointless post if some folks can get an idea what they might expect as they start this process!!

Have to shout out user Zebadee who’s medical was the day before my own & has been helpful in letting me know any info (more to the point - the lack of info!!).. Feel like we been on this journey together at this point Z!! Hopefully one of us has some good news to post here very soon mate!

So shall continue to wait it out (lol like there’s another option!!) &’check each morning - although not quite with the same enthusiasm as i had last week! Proper jealous as F when i read posts about how 4days after the medical their licence status had changed!! Not jelaous of their good news, damn that warms the heart, just of how quickly they received it. Really gave a lot of hope to begin with,’now
Just has me 2nd guessing what could taking mine so long. Still convinced ite time of year!! All those merry folk who took a chance at driving hole from the 2016 Xmas works night out, now also in this very same process. A quick google scan just now suggests in December the numbers caught rises by around 11% compared to any other time of year. That HUNDREDS of thousands of drivers.. holy sheet!!

Any... hope to be a cheerier chap soon. Don’t risk your licences over Xmas people..’your licence is hard to get, but so easy to lose!!

100% relate to that ? still no change to my license see status online... getting equally depressed refreshing it each day to see nothing!! Apparently 'only' another week until I should have heard back... would really be a great Xmas present

Damn mate!! And nothing has dropped
through your letterbox from them? This wait is a mind f**k & just gives ya time to start thinking the worse.. Anyway, fingers still crossed for ya mate (feel proper invested in your outcome now after all this lol) but, please do let me know when you have any new information at all, I shall do the same. If it’s not a good result &’you don’t wanna broadcast it then PM? But i genuinely think you have nothing to worry about &’it’s just a case of them under pressure with a massive workload. I actually told them that I understand that they must be a very very busy organisation, possibly the busiest government department second only to the taxman... but still, this is what they do & I’m sure communication etc was quicker the 1st time i went in for this rodeo a few years ago.

Damn mate!! And nothing has dropped
through your letterbox from them? This wait is a mind f**k & just gives ya time to start thinking the worse.. Anyway, fingers still crossed for ya mate (feel proper invested in your outcome now after all this lol) but, please do let me know when you have any new information at all, I shall do the same. If it’s not a good result &’you don’t wanna broadcast it then PM? But i genuinely think you have nothing to worry about &’it’s just a case of them under pressure with a massive workload. I actually told them that I understand that they must be a very very busy organisation, possibly the busiest government department second only to the taxman... but still, this is what they do & I’m sure communication etc was quicker the 1st time i went in for this rodeo a few years ago.
Nope haha, nothing at all!! I keep dreading that I will get a letter, cos without the status changing online it only means bad news!!! Will do mate, fingers crossed for you as well, hopefully all this waiting around will be worth it in the end :D

Don’t be too nervous if you see a DVLA marked letter lying in your hallway. At this stage in the process it will be to inform you they are writing to your GP... it’s a 2nd letter would make me sweat before opening. If you get the letter about the GP get down there Show him/her you have never been better, things are going great etc all good stuff that they will remember (whatever will be to
your benefit..needs must, F waiting another year) Maybe we won’t even get those letters and the whole process is just taking longer right now. The fact we had our medicals paid for must mean something? I highly doubt they raffle that out lol see who wims a medical each week. It can only be a positive. Though each case will be unique so any new info
you recieve all I can take from it is the timeframe &’vice versa. Wanting notes from
A GP so close to xmas.. damn I could see that dragging well into January all these public holidays coming up.. I’m a bag of cheeriness 2day so have to be realistic i guess. What will be will be ??

Omg mate, just checked and they've granted me my full license!! Restricted to 1 year which is annoying (valid 15/12/17-14/12/18) but thank God I can drive again! Really hope you get a result today or tomorrow now!

F’inck A mate.. well pleased for ya!!

I can’t read too much into the result as everycase in different but least I know they should be looking at mine in next day or so (I could be on a wait til Monday being so close to weekend) chuffed for ya man! Was that the 1st time you had checked 2day? I’v already looked at mine... I forgot zebadee were you a high risk offender like me?

Good news though!!

I checked when I woke up around 12-ish (day off haha)! I think I'm in the same category as HRO's but I've never actually committed an offense, I lost my license originally because I self reported medical and alcohol misuse issues. So they've treated me like a HRO even though I've never been convicted which is annoying!

That’s right i remember you telling me this now. I’m a two time banned HRO so can only take the timing away from your case. Think il still have a weekend of waiting. From what I read the note about the doctors is usually in by in so really hoping that’s not the case. It will be what itl be. Nothing for it but to sit tight!! Early Xmas present for ya mate!!!

Oh of course, completely forgot it was Friday! Well fingers crossed for the same good news for you next week mate, tbf it has taken them a week from when all my info was uploaded onto their system which isn't too bad! Thanks so much, been out for the first time and seems I still remember how to drive ?

So what does the wording change to when they have made a decision ??
When I check log-in it just says “you currently do no have any driving entitlement”

Sitting here on one ass cheek, just praying that soon enough il log in to read “go ahead lad, Rev her up and go wherever ya damn please!” Lol have you been out for a spin yet Zebadee? I don’t even have a car after all this but a positive results mean I can take up a job opportunity where a car will be provided, signing off benefits after a few too many years & becoming a more productive member in society.. it’s about more than driving,’it’s life changing!!

You had your medical on the 29th.. mine the 1st (i somehow kept thuniijg id took it a day afte you) so i probably still have the whole weekend in this wee sweat I’m in. It’s gonna be what’s it gonna be. But I’v definitely been happy to read of your good news this morning as it’s let me know the medical team are now around to making decisions on medicals from
the 29th onwards

Yes it changes, mine now says "you have a full driving license" and gives the dates valid from and to. Any news yet Rough?

Yes I am fortunate enough to have a car! Been driving to work and it's so much easier than public transport. I started an apprenticeship in November after a long absence from work/study so it's really nice to feel like a proper 'member of society' again :D Hoping the same happens for you mate

I’m damn waiting which is getting me bloody paranoid (illogically though!). I read too much into the timing of your good news mate.. on reflection 2 complete different medicals and circumstances., so time span could be way dufffer. There I was starting to think my application was right underneath yours in the pile ?? il start chasing them tomorrow. No news ain’t bad news I suppose.. but if not this week then I’v all Xmas to sit thru damn it lol

Also now have visions of DVLA staff playing secret Santa and drinking eggnog while my papers lie right there lol my minds getting fried by this wait

Phoned them yesterday, it’s still waiting to be reviewed.. starting to look like imma have to sit this out over Xmas damn

I’m not gonna get info until after Xmas damn.. over 3 weeks since I done medical. In fact I’d say it will be the new year before I even hear. Gutted

Alright folks?
These forums have been a great source to me as I attempt to regain my licence. I initially applied at the beginning of October. 2weeks later I received the D4 medical questionnaire in the post. I filled it out as honestly as I could, also giving the details of how to contact my
own GP & sent it off. Roughly 10days after posting that I got another letter, this time
It had the details of a doctor in my area. I had to make an appointment with him to provide a urine sample for drug testing purposes. I was away for the next week but made the appointment as soon as I returned, they could only give me one 3weeks away so had no choice but to take it. The date came Up quick & I went for the test yesterday. Was extremely quick. Didn’t have to have my vision tested, there was no stripping off like the last time
I done this medical, just a look at my arms (recovering drug addict) few questions about current prescriptions etc then off to fill the cup in a witnessed urine test... I have read that some people would be uncomfortable doing this, but it’s not like he’s standing there staring at yer junk!!. He just kinda floated around in the hall making small talk..
Plus if your a guy.. you stand next to strangers in busy urinals all the time, really is nothing. Even though I had avoided going to the toilet beforehand I couldn’t get much out, but he did say I had provided enough. And that’s allt there was to it. I asked him that given his experience would he know why the DVLA were paying for my test. He couldn’t say, although he did tell me it was actually quite common that they pickup the tab for the blood test (liver function - booze related medical) but I was his 1st ever urine drug screen that he had seen where the DVLA were paying & he’s been at it some years now. So yeh, is slightly odd but ain’t complaint as it was over £100 the last time I had this test!! I did phone the DVLA some weeks pass to ask why, but all the girl on the phone said was something about wanting to help get me back on the road. So I can only look at that as a positive. Anyway.. my query is, would thay have contacted my GP after I returned the 1st medical form which asked for his details? Or will they contact him now? I’m pretty sure in the past they specifically write & tell you when they are doing this. After reading a load of posts in these forums theres a tiny part of me hoping that I could even have my driving status changed as early as a week from now, but I shan’t get my hopes up over that. Fingers crossed I hear some good news before Xmas. Has any1 else had the DVLA pay the medical fee for them? & if so did you find out the reason they done so? Anyway.. will
update. Cheers.
I'm getting it done in a few wks.after I got my cdt level down.there sending me 4 a drug test....unlucky DVLA I don't do drugs nd also told them this.i think it's to play 4 time tbh or to try nd get a reason to remove ya licence

Could really do with some advice. I had a medical last year , passed no issues. I then had to have another 12 months after which was yesterday. All went fine until the end when i had to supply a urine sample. I could not pee due to the fact i am not use to people standing over my shoulder watching me. Ive been told to come back today 6.30pm but just so nervous now as i cant see how things will change if hes over my shoulder again. I am not to sure how many or if at all i get any more chances to do the test. I just cant believe everything depends on me having this wee. Please help

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off