Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DR1 form followed by letter to GP

Louise41 is offline Member

Default DR1 form followed by letter to GP

Can anyone help.
    I rang the DVLA about getting a licence to drive a bus. I told them in October 2017 I saw my GP for advice on binge drinking.
    I have sent back the DR1 form stating the date in October and that I drank large units and had memory loss. I do bot binge now.
    Now I have a letter saying they are writing to my GP. What will they ask the GP?
    If they do take my license will it back date from October or start from now? Basically if I loose my license I loose my job and home!

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

Default Re: DR1 form followed by letter to GP

They will ask your doctor to comment on any alcohol relTed issues in the past 6 years.
    the timescale for you to be without your licence will depend on which category they see you in.
    1. Alcohol misuse.
    this involves your licence suspended for 6 months from when they are satisfied that the misuse has stopped, or 12 months for HGV or PCV licence holders.
    2. Alcohol dependence
    As in no 1, but the time scales are 12 months and 3 years.
    3. Alcohol related seizure - which can include blackouts.
    As in no1, but this time the timescales are a minimum of 6 months from a single seizure for cars and 5 years for HGV or PCV licence holders.

you can read about it here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/drug-or-...tness-to-drive

Many thanks for your help.
    But will they take my license from the date I saw the doctor or the date they finish the inquiry. As it's way over 6 month since I saw my GP and had any issues

It will be since the last episode, not from the enquiry finishing, so that could be good for your car licence but not good for wanting a PCV one.
    but I would be unpredictable if they only stuck to misuse, rather than dependence from what you described about your circumstances.....
    they ask your doctor about the last 3 years, not 6, a typo on my iPad!
    Last edited by price1367; 06-10-2018 at 06:40 AM.

Thanks again.
    I only want to keep my car license now.
    Do you think I'd need a medical too? Not that it matters..I just want a final decision asap. The waiting is so stressful and because my current job means I travel far for work I've also started looking at jobs closer to home as a back up plan.
    I am going to my GP this week and if they want to do blood test etc I thought having that to give to the DVLA will speed up my case.

Also
    Are you thinking I'd be classed as dependant?
    I was counting on misuse. Is that because I admitted to memory loss after binge drinking.

It might be classes as misuse if it was only for a short time, if you saw you doctor a few times over a period of time, and then after seeking and being offered help you suffered a blackout then I think it would fall into dependence.

I think the biggest issue will be that I told the GP I binged on n off over a few years. Terrible for me. I wish I never sought help also I'd of never contacted the DVLA unless I wanted to change my license. My GP has told me he sees me as no risk and that I wasn't dependant and never have been. But readi g on here it's more of a tick box sheet they send the GP and not his opinion. If that's the case it's not good for me. I wish I could see exactly what they will ask the GP.but I can't find that information anywhere.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Once i know I'll update you.

smoker325 is offline New Member

Hi new here found this link that may help https://patient.info/doctor/alcohol-...ion-test-audit
    Im in similar situation reapplied for hgv and have been flagged up as at risk

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Sorry to hear that.
    My update is.
    My GP has returned my form. I asked to see it first. They did put I had seen the GP back in October 2017. She put I was no risk and since that date I only drank 4 units on special occasions. She did put a tick to misuse within 3 years.
    I have done lots of research and the outcome seems to be. I will loose my license for 6 months for misuse from the date the DVLA finish the enquiries ( so in the next few weeks)
    It seems totally unacceptable considering I have conformation from my GP stating no problem or risk since October 2017.
    I'll let you know when I hear back!
    Oh and the above all relates to my car...I won't be applying for a higher license now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast