Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HRO MEDICAL due 19/04/18

Default HRO MEDICAL due 19/04/18

Hi all

i am due to take my DVLA medical on the 19/04/18 i will be out of my ban time on the 23/04/18 this was my 2nd ban in 10 years
    i am a 26 year old male who has been drinking at the weekend would normaly be around 4 Pints on a friday night sometimes more (rum).
    I dont drink in the week also smoke by the time i take my medical i will be 7 weeks alcohol free would this be enough time for my liver to go back to normal levels given my age
    im also taking milk thisle drinking plently of water plus fruit juice and working 5 days a week.
    i really want to get back on the road i also took an DD course TTC on the 2nd ban.
    Which helped my outlook on alcohol and my misjudgement about how many units untill your pass the limit
    both of my bans where just slightly over the limit.

i just hope to make a fresh start get my life back on track since this ban i have had a child and i would never risk something so stupid again
    my question is how do i fair up aganst the test never had alcohol problems (never seen the doctors or been to AA or anything like that)
    like i say il be 7 weeks alcohol free

many thanks

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

Default Re: HRO MEDICAL due 19/04/18

From what you have said, you should be fine.
    the milk thistle is claimed to help but I am sceptical about any benefits it might offer.... but it will not do any harm.

also i was abit worried how often do the dvla medcials fail and you have to re do them i ask this because the week after my medical im due to go on holiday
    and there would be drinking invovled?

Glenngoal10 is offline Member

I went just over 7 weeks without a drop, didnít drink much beforehand anyway. They will probably check with your personal gp as youíve been banned twice, I had an accident so they checked with mine.

Iím 35, have always looked after myself, played football, gym etc, I got issued full licence 2 weeks after doctors questionnaire.
    Youíll be ok

Yes my 2nd also lead to a accident to but never been to my gp regarding alcohol so I think I should be good just hoping for a low enough score to get me my 10 year licence although I would settle for the year renewal

Iíve also checked the questionnaire I can honestly answer no to all Iím not wether I should tell them Iíve not had a drink for 7 weeks or not ?

i have just taken my medical today, cost 98.50 took half an hour the people were nice doctors said you should fly though providing you havn't lied
    and should take about 4 weeks to find out, fingers crossed i will pass

If you are close to the end of your ban, I suggest you ring DVLA and pester them for a result after a week or so. People who do this seem to get quicker results. - I have just seen from your earlier post that your ban is up on the 23rd April, and you are going on holiday next week so phone them just before you go, you may have a result for when you get back......
    Last edited by price1367; 04-19-2018 at 08:01 PM.

i will be on holiday still in the uk, going by what you said i will give them a ring next thursday that will be a week from my medical, do i just ring the DVLA medical line to ask
    or is there a another number i need to ring?

thanks for the advice!

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Correct, just the DVLA medical line.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast