Its bad but it does get better

Convicted Driver Insurance
Janeberry,
The rule is that you can apply after serving half of your ban, subject to a minimum period of time having elapsed of 2 years, so this is no use for you with a 12 month ban.

It doesn't say anything about a reduction in a minimum ban (ie., as in my case 12 months). Does this mean I couldn't apply?

In your case you would not be able to apply for early removal of disqualification.

For any disqualification imposed that is for four years or less, the minimum disqualification period that must be served before an application for early removal of disqualification can be made is two years.

My solicitor attempted to apply for a date before the 2 years were up and it was refused until after 2 years had elapsed. I think he wrote to the court 2 weeks before the 2 years. He had to re apply when 2 years had elapsed.

You need good reasons to apply. The whole process cost me about £2000, yes steep and yes I know I could have got a cheaper solicitor but for me there is not a price I could put on independence. For that £2k I got 6 months knocked off my ban, it's up to you if that is worth it in your case, that is if you are successful.

It is an expensive road we are travelling down (excuse the pun!) but I know personally I would pay any amount to get my licence back sooner and they know it! I wish someone could put me in stasis for a year or so and wake me up when I can drive again ha, as it is I will have to go cap in hand for lifts. Its going to be an expensive year for me as I have to pay someone to take me to work and back everyday as its difficult to get the bus to my new job. Im determined though and wont let anything hold me back. One day we will be posting about getting our licences back :) x
Hi

Just to say well done for staying so positive. I went through hell after losing my licence and the impact on my career etc. I was very worried about the medical and gave up drinking completely for 1 month prior. the doctor didnt give me any clues but 10 days later received my licence back. So don't worry about the medical it's the last ordeal and is fairly painless compared to all the other trauma.

i have been working... i can still see you are looking for attention... and no i will show no remorse for what i said as you are so self absorbed person looking for sympathy.. sorry bud.
i can see Ryan sees himself as a batman, when in fact he is a troll. Rhyan you are self absorbed person, u did the offence, but yet u feel that is your duty to blame other people for your stupid mistake. just calm down mate and accept what you did, you don't need to be in this forum, just sit back and think that what YOU did was wrong, no need telling us, think about yourself.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off