What will my ban be

Convicted Driver Insurance

jonnboy

Hi

I was charged with drink driving with a breath test of a 102. i had had 4 pints and had not eaten all day.
i was very polite with the police and have had no previous convictions or motoring offences. the police officer said 12 months to me after.
i have a character letter saying ive never been involved in anything before also i have a elderly family member who rely's on me for food shopping.

thanks for your help

Hi

I was charged with drink driving with a breath test of a 102. i had had 4 pints and had not eaten all day.
i was very polite with the police and have had no previous convictions or motoring offences. the police officer said 12 months to me after.
i have a character letter saying ive never been involved in anything before also i have a elderly family member who rely's on me for food shopping.

thanks for your help

Upon a first conviction of driving with excess alcohol with a breath reading of 102 sentencing guidelines suggest a low to high level community order and a driving disqualification of between 23 & 28 months.

You are also likely to be offered the chance to take the drink driving rehabilitation course, which, once completed can reduce any period of disqualification imposed by up to 25%.

As the level of alcohol in your body was relatively high you will be classed as a high risk offender. High risk offenders are required to satisfy the DVLA of their fitness to drive by attending a DVLA medical before their driving licence will be returned to them.

Our guide to appearing at magistrates court for drink driving offences may prove useful to you.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off