Urgent Advice Needed!

Convicted Driver Insurance

dannyh

I was arrested last night for drinking under the influence of alcohol. I do not have a license or insurance. I'm not sure if this makes a difference but I only drove 100 yards at about 10mph before I pulled the car over and then the police 'stopped' me (although the car was already stopped)

I was totally compliant and admitted to it straight away and other than the offence caused no other aggravation.

My alcohol limit was high - 100m but I was fully able to stand and I felt sober pretty quickly!

Please advise what is likely to happen when I go to court.

Will I go to prison?

I also work full time.

Thanks for your message.

Is this the first time that you have been prosecuted for drink driving? If so, with a reading of 100ug/100ml in breath you will be liable for a disqualification of 17-22 months and a community order. The Court should grant you the opportunity to attend a drink driving rehabilitation course, the successful completion of which will result in your disqualification being reduced by up to 25%.

If this is a first offence then a custodial sentence would be a significant departure from the ordinary sentencing guidelines. There would have to be considerable aggravating features before the Court would consider this.

Having no license and no insurance will aggravate the matter, but not to the extent that a custodial sentence becomes appropriate in this case.

Yes, the fact that you only drove 100 yards may be relevant but we would need to discuss the matter in more detail to determine how relevant it is.

Kind regards,

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off