stupid mistake - now petrified at consequences

Convicted Driver Insurance

fridayschild

I went to a work related function on Thursday night and had a few glasses of red wine (one of those events where your glass is topped up without you realising it). I'm on a well know weight loss programme so am avoiding carbs and although I'd eaten it was just canapes.

Came home on the train where my car was parked. Felt fine and in control of my vehicle - wanted to get home as desperate for the loo.

Police car followed me for quarter of a mile or so (I was not speeding and there was nothing wrong with my car) then pulled me over. No reason given. I failed the roadside test and was arrested and taken to the station where I read at 77. I was compliant but very upset and in tears.

I've been bailed for 3rd December. I'm absolutely petrified of what might happen to me. I've never been in trouble before ever.

I'm thoroughly ashamed of myself and feel like I've let everyone down. My partner came to collect me and had to wake my 7 yr old son and bring him too. It was humiliating and horrible and I feel totally stupid. After returning home I was so upset and stressed at what could happen, I had a panic attack so severe my partner called the paramedics who said they'd never seen one so bad.

It's been a tough year with my partner being knocked off his motorbike and then losing his job. We've been under immense pressure and both been treated for stress and depression. I took 4 weeks sick in August for stress.

What can I expect? Should I get a solicitor? I've written to the court today to express my regret and explain some of the mitigating circumstances. Is this wise? Will it make any difference?

I realise I'll be looking at a ban - I'd hoped 12 months but reduced for the course but having read through some of the posts it looks like it might be at least 12 months with the reduction.

Feeling so so ashamed and stupid. Haven't driven or had a drink since and probably won't. :(

Thanks for your post.

For an offence of 77ug/100ml in breath you will be liable for a disqualification of 17 - 22 months and a fine. The fine will be Band C, meaning that the amount payable should be between 125% - 175% of 1 week's take home pay.

You should be given the opportunity to attend a drink drive rehabilitation scheme, the successful completion of which will result in your disqualification being reduced by up to 25%.

Kind regards,

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off