renewing license - Diplopia (double vision)

• Thread starter Deleted member 13253
  • Start date
Convicted Driver Insurance

Deleted member 13253

Hi, I had an accident when I was young which meant I am partially sighted in one eye and I have double vision, I passed the driving test etc and the DVLA was happy with my vision and I passed all the test... I drove for around 20 years no problem, I have got used to my double vision and it's not a problem.

A couple of years ago I was sent a standard form when I turned 45 from the DVLA, I ticked the wrong box when I got the form and they withdrew my license - I basically now need to get my GP to confirm I satisfy the visual standards and send the form back to them, I haven't needed to drive but I now need to drive again.

It's been 3 years since I was told to see my GP, will I have to re-sit theory/practical test because it's been so long or will they just reissue the license to me?

You will just get the licence back that you had before if they are satisfied about your visual capability.
That is unless you have a HGV or PCV element in which case they may be careful about granting those parts.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off