Post medical wait update

Convicted Driver Insurance
DVLA sent a letter out to book a medical and nothing sent to the doctors (n)Just spent as hour on the phone and got through and fingers crossed they have email the doctors so hoping to book a medical on monday. Only 7 months in now.

Had my letter to book a medical 2 weeks ago and phoned surgery and they have not received theirs yet :mad:
Same was the case with me . I had to chase DVLA . You’ll probably find that DVLA don’t receive medical report , even though it will have been sent 🥲

Same was the case with me . I had to chase DVLA . You’ll probably find that DVLA don’t receive medical report , even though it will have been sent 🥲
Are you still waiting for your medical results? I have my medical on Monday. By the sound of things I won't be getting my results or licence until October time or later. This whole experience is unimaginable for all of us dealing with the DVLA over the last 12 months.

Are you still waiting for your medical results? I have my medical on Monday. By the sound of things I won't be getting my results or licence until October time or later. This whole experience is unimaginable for all of us dealing with the DVLA over the last 12 months.
Yes. I’m still waiting. They told me 2 weeks ago that they had all the info they needed ( which was a relief in itself as they’d previously kept saying they’d not received stuff) . My case is now in a » work queue « waiting to be looked at : no timescale. Shambolic .

Yes. I’m still waiting. They told me 2 weeks ago that they had all the info they needed ( which was a relief in itself as they’d previously kept saying they’d not received stuff) . My case is now in a » work queue « waiting to be looked at : no timescale. Shambolic .
I feel for you. You've done everything asked of you and yet the system fails you.

Oh man, I was hoping it wouldn't take much longer than a couple of weeks once they'd received the paperwork! Keep us updated when you hear anything!

Oh man, I was hoping it wouldn't take much longer than a couple of weeks once they'd received the paperwork! Keep us updated when you hear anything!
I will. However in the meantime, if you haven’t already confirmed it , I suggest you check with them that they acknowledge receipt of everything and that it’s all on their system. At every stage of my process they have stated they have not received something and it has had to be resent.

I will. However in the meantime, if you haven’t already confirmed it , I suggest you check with them that they acknowledge receipt of everything and that it’s all on their system. At every stage of my process they have stated they have not received something and it has had to be resent.
Apologies Jessica. Have just looked back and seen they’ve got your medical paperwork.

Yes, 4 weeks after my medical they had my paperwork. It's a shit process!
It was about same for me. Then they wrote saying they were contacting my own GP. This somehow took them two weeks ( how long does it take to press a button ???) . GP fortunately replied immediately . 2 weeks later DVLA still saying no trace . GP resent. As I said , last week DVLA say they have everything and my case is in work queue. Farcical.

It was about same for me. Then they wrote saying they were contacting my own GP. This somehow took them two weeks ( how long does it take to press a button ???) . GP fortunately replied immediately . 2 weeks later DVLA still saying no trace . GP resent. As I said , last week DVLA say they have everything and my case is in work queue. Farcical.
They haven't even said about my GP? They just said about paperwork from my medical! I'll go mental if they turn around and say they now need to contact my GP! £200 spent on a course to reduce my ban, plus the medical, they're taking the piss! I've had three bank holidays and 4 strikes I think?! Getting in the way as well! To say I'm mad is understatement! I feel like getting the train up there and pulling their finger's out there asses for them!

They haven't even said about my GP? They just said about paperwork from my medical! I'll go mental if they turn around and say they now need to contact my GP! £200 spent on a course to reduce my ban, plus the medical, they're taking the piss! I've had three bank holidays and 4 strikes I think?! Getting in the way as well! To say I'm mad is understatement! I feel like getting the train up there and pulling their finger's out there asses for them!
Get used to it jess

No, why should I get used to it?! I'm well within my right to get pissed off with the situation and I'm not the only one! The whole process is a complete shambles!

Agreed, complete shambles.

I started this process in March and still ongoing. I can’t imagine lodging a formal complaint will change anything either, seems they haven’t been fit for purpose for many years.

Agreed, complete shambles.

I started this process in March and still ongoing. I can’t imagine lodging a formal complaint will change anything either, seems they haven’t been fit for purpose for many years.
I've now contacted my local MP, if it does any good then it's a bonus!

Totally 100% in agreement. The DVLA has consistently been unable to deliver its services and has fallen so far behind. They keep updating their website stating extended timescales for dealing with paperwork. I feel the Minister of Transport needs to intervene to sort out this mess. I cannot imagine having my driving licence in my hand this side of Christmas. Its true to say - what was the point in doing the DD course in order to reduce our bans?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off