People's true (unfiltered) thoughts about Drink Driving

Convicted Driver Insurance
Nobody should be doing it! But for celebrities and sports persons! they are supposed to be inspirational to our nation#(hence the media), It goes wrong from time to time which not acceptable & happens like we have all witnessed in a mistake? ,
Thing that grips my sh#t is how they all try any £buy£ there way out of it, even lie cheat blame etc!
I had an open gate out of my DUI (wrongly charged with failure) I knew I was over before I entered the car accepted my punishment

Having been convicted of drink driving myself, since my ban started in February most people have been sympathetic and understanding.

I think it's fair to say that there are thousands of people out there who have at least once in their adult lives potentially driven a car while over the limit but not been caught out. For example, someone driving to work after a session the night before or someone having two pints of premium lager at the local pub and driving home (two pints containing 3 units each would just put you over the limit). Even my own mother has perhaps been guilty of being slightly over the limit after a glass of wine with one of her retired friends.

There are of course the odd one or two people that do get on their high horse with drink drivers but luckily I have never come across them. I'm very remorseful about my actions and suffered greatly since my conviction so anyone I have met who would take the moral high ground have probably given me the benefit of the doubt.

CJ1980

When I was disqualified I had a work colleague who got on his high horse and made my working life a misery.
However, despite his hate of drink drivers, many years later he was caught and disqualified for drink driving.
I then realised he was like so many others with a fake moral high ground.
He obviously took the attitude known as "don't do as I do, do as I tell you".
I also realised that his voice became muffled when he sat down.

When I was disqualified I had a work colleague who got on his high horse and made my working life a misery.
However, despite his hate of drink drivers, many years later he was caught and disqualified for drink driving.
I then realised he was like so many others with a fake moral high ground.
He obviously took the attitude known as "don't do as I do, do as I tell you".
I also realised that his voice became muffled when he sat down.

What goes around comes around springs to mind!

As C J and craig121 have quite rightly said, it pushes all the wrong buttons with me when celebrities who are obviously earning top dollar and in some cases for not even doing anything particularly noteworthy (Katie Price springs to mind here, except managing to be the only person I know to make an ugly face look even worse) and then play the Nick Freeman card (who is extortionately expensive, and quite rightly so) or just keep on spouting about how the law “has got it in for them” (Katie Price once again). Although I have no interest in Ant, Dec, I’m A Celebrity or anything else which they’ve done, one thing I’ll tip my hat to is the fact that Ant just rolled over, got on with it and now seems to have got his life back to where it was before his brush with the law.

The other one with me has got to be the people with either some misconception that all drink drivers are raging alcoholics and should be given life without parole and made to do hard labour in a Russian Gulag or think that because they have some grandiose opinion of themselves to such an extent that they think it will never happen to them (case in point jimdavis’ old work colleague). All you have to do is take a look at the news section on this forum and see the wide range of people that will be walking into court to go through what we’ve all been through and it kind of reinforces the fact that it can happen to anyone.

As for the two guys in the original post, only time will tell what kind of people they are, whether they roll over, accept it and move on or continue to draw attention to themselves and make themselves look even more ridiculous than they already have done.

MM

What goes around comes around springs to mind!

As C J and craig121 have quite rightly said, it pushes all the wrong buttons with me when celebrities who are obviously earning top dollar and in some cases for not even doing anything particularly noteworthy (Katie Price springs to mind here, except managing to be the only person I know to make an ugly face look even worse) and then play the Nick Freeman card (who is extortionately expensive, and quite rightly so) or just keep on spouting about how the law “has got it in for them” (Katie Price once again). Although I have no interest in Ant, Dec, I’m A Celebrity or anything else which they’ve done, one thing I’ll tip my hat to is the fact that Ant just rolled over, got on with it and now seems to have got his life back to where it was before his brush with the law.

The other one with me has got to be the people with either some misconception that all drink drivers are raging alcoholics and should be given life without parole and made to do hard labour in a Russian Gulag or think that because they have some grandiose opinion of themselves to such an extent that they think it will never happen to them (case in point jimdavis’ old work colleague). All you have to do is take a look at the news section on this forum and see the wide range of people that will be walking into court to go through what we’ve all been through and it kind of reinforces the fact that it can happen to anyone.

As for the two guys in the original post, only time will tell what kind of people they are, whether they roll over, accept it and move on or continue to draw attention to themselves and make themselves look even more ridiculous than they already have done.

MM

What I've seen in respect to Ant with his drink driving although he has pressed on, these online people do not forgot, you get regular messages referring to his drink driving or people messaging Santander directly questioning 'Why do you let a drink driver be the face of your brand?' in essence it doesn't matter but it's interesting to see how those hollier than thou view it.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off