New year

Convicted Driver Insurance
I'm in court in this month. I'm looking at losing my career of 27 years hgv driver because I refused to offer a specimen. It's horrible really horrible, but I've still got to try and be positive. Stay strong mate. ❤️

Happy New Year.

I've been there, with the tablets, trying to tell myself that it would be easier for everyone if I were not around anymore. My life is about 10 times harder now than it was back then and I'm still here. I'm about for a chat all hours of the day, if you want to private message me.

This is statistically the worst time of year for depression, hang in there you will find as the months go by things will look a lot less bleak. Stay on here there's some amazing advice and support and please don't do anything you will regret.

This is statistically the worst time of year for depression, hang in there you will find as the months go by things will look a lot less bleak. Stay on here there's some amazing advice and support and please don't do anything you will regret.
Thank you!

And thanks to everyone and sorry! Im
Ok, I just think at first I was all happy to see the back of 2023 which has been awful but then I started thinking about this entire year (and more) without driving and thinking about how I’m supposed to get to work and do the achool
Run and the fact it’s done nothing but pour down all week made me think about how hard it’ll be in bad weather and it set me into a pit of despair and down a black hole. I think because of Christmas and I barely leave the house then anyway it hasn’t actually dawned on me or bothered me it’s now that’s all over I’m looking at the road ahead and feel so depressed :(

Thank you!

Ok, I just think at first I was all happy to see the back of 2023 which has been awful but then I started thinking about this entire year (and more) without driving and thinking about how I’m supposed to get to work and do the achool
Run and the fact it’s done nothing but pour down all week made me think about how hard it’ll be in bad weather and it set me into a pit of despair and down a black hole. I think because of Christmas and I barely leave the house then anyway it hasn’t actually dawned on me or bothered me it’s now that’s all over I’m looking at the road ahead and feel so depressed :(
I'm the same, I've had the worst week of my life. I've been driving hgvs for 26 years. I'm 53 and I don't know anything else. I'm just taking it one step at a time. I've got meeting with solicitor tomorrow to see where I stand. If there is no avoiding a ban for me my career is finished. But, I had a life without a licence and there is one again without, albeit different. Hang in there, take one step at a time and get good legal advice, do the research!! And hopefully we can look back and think how bad it actually wasn't . Good luck ❤️

I'm the same, I've had the worst week of my life. I've been driving hgvs for 26 years. I'm 53 and I don't know anything else. I'm just taking it one step at a time. I've got meeting with solicitor tomorrow to see where I stand. If there is no avoiding a ban for me my career is finished. But, I had a life without a licence and there is one again without, albeit different. Hang in there, take one step at a time and get good legal advice, do the research!! And hopefully we can look back and think how bad it actually wasn't . Good luck ❤️
I have already had my court in December my ban has started. I guess I need to count myself lucky as a pain as it is I can use taxis and get lifts for work. Your situation must be so worrying. I hope it goes ok x

I have already had my court in December my ban has started. I guess I need to count myself lucky as a pain as it is I can use taxis and get lifts for work. Your situation must be so worrying. I hope it goes ok x
It is very, but I will cycle and clean toilets if I have too lol. Good luck in the future x

Thank you!

Stay strong it really does get better I’ve met some very nice people on the train and the 2 mile walk from the station to mums care home has made me fitter.I know what your saying about the weather it’s shocking but we’ve had the shortest day so spring is getting closer 😊.we are all here if you need to chat

I totally get the situation you are in, and do you know what helped me through it? Yes no car, yes crap weather sometimes, yes public transport.

BUT, I wasn’t sent to prison, I didn’t kill or seriously hurt anyone and have that guilt to live with for the rest of my days, blowing over the limit, hitting a lamppost, or inanimate object not seriously injuring yourself or someone else.

You need to see this a lesson and not a life sentence you have blown over and lost your license temporarily but at least you aren’t currently in prison for killing or seriously hurting someone!!!!

Thank you!

I know exactly how you feel!! I’ve been there last Christmas!! I thought my life is over!! I’ve got through it! You will too! Message me anytime time if you need some support!!!

I'm in court in this month. I'm looking at losing my career of 27 years hgv driver because I refused to offer a specimen. It's horrible really horrible, but I've still got to try and be positive. Stay strong mate. ❤️
Stay strong! My ex husband was caught New Year's Day at 1pm AFTER the night before. He hadn't eaten, thought it was safe to drive, waited until the afternoon. He was pulled over as his insurance wasn't flagging up and they got him. He blew 46. He's never offended before and drove believing he was safe on the road. He's a self employed plumber and he's so down, I worry! I'm really hoping he gets the minimum penalty. He knows it's a minimum of 12 months and he's so depressed. I feel bad for him as he stayed the night at his mate's house and didn't think for a minute he'd be over the limit at 1pm the next day. I know many people where I live who have had a ban and they've all got through it..some of the idiots are repeat offenders!! I've told him I'll drive him to where he needs to go for the duration as I can juggle my own work in between, but he's just going on about losing his house, losing his job. It's hard because no matter how positive I'm trying to be, it's not working!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off