My Story

Convicted Driver Insurance

Commander76

Hi All, Ive been on this site since I got caught DD, this is my story..

19 months ago.. Split up with GF, was so upset, I thought we were getting on really well, she got given a council house 35 mins away. Basically I felt abandoned as I moved to the area for her..
I stupidly went out, drank far too much, went searching for a taxi, couldnt find one.. Then I made the crazy decision to drive to her new house 😕
Long story short, i crashed into a bollard, car turned on its side, i climbed out, police arrived.. I blew 90+ at the roadside and 93 at the station..
the next week was a blur as i prepared for court.. my car was badly damaged, Its cost me about 6k to get it back on the road..
I thought id lose my job, I was banned for 25 months, i took the course and it reduced to 19 months.. The past 19 months have been tough, picking my kids up every 2 weeks and making them catch trains with me…
The loneliness has been difficult as losing your licence turns you quite helpless if you live alone..
Anyway cars on the drive, my licence back in a week
This site is a god send and has helped me through the difficult times 🙏

Hi All, Ive been on this site since I got caught DD, this is my story..

19 months ago.. Split up with GF, was so upset, I thought we were getting on really well, she got given a council house 35 mins away. Basically I felt abandoned as I moved to the area for her..
I stupidly went out, drank far too much, went searching for a taxi, couldnt find one.. Then I made the crazy decision to drive to her new house 😕
Long story short, i crashed into a bollard, car turned on its side, i climbed out, police arrived.. I blew 90+ at the roadside and 93 at the station..
the next week was a blur as i prepared for court.. my car was badly damaged, Its cost me about 6k to get it back on the road..
I thought id lose my job, I was banned for 25 months, i took the course and it reduced to 19 months.. The past 19 months have been tough, picking my kids up every 2 weeks and making them catch trains with me…
The loneliness has been difficult as losing your licence turns you quite helpless if you live alone..
Anyway cars on the drive, my licence back in a week
This site is a god send and has helped me through the difficult times 🙏

A positive story to start 2024 and glad things are working out. Can I ask - have the DVLA confirmed your licence will be re-instated next week?

CJ

A positive story to start 2024 and glad things are working out. Can I ask - have the DVLA confirmed your licence will be re-instated next week?

CJ
Yes, i think i must have got so lucky with the dvla, i did my medical on the 15th december and received my licence on the 27th december, ready to start driving mid january

Yes, i think i must have got so lucky with the dvla, i did my medical on the 15th december and received my licence on the 27th december, ready to start driving mid january

That’s great news. How long is your driving licence for (when do you next need to re-apply?)?

CJ

That must be the most positive HRO story I've read on here - no months of waiting, and a full 10 year licence.

Well done.

That must be the most positive HRO story I've read on here - no months of waiting, and a full 10 year licence.

Well done.
Thank you, I think the reason gor this was I spoke to my GP and had monthly blood tests for the whole of 2023.. my CDT was below 1. Id recommend any HRO to do the same

Thank you, I think the reason gor this was I spoke to my GP and had monthly blood tests for the whole of 2023.. my CDT was below 1. Id recommend any HRO to do the same

I’ve been doing exactly the same, but alas I’m still having to endure annual DVLA medicals and I am currently awaiting updates on my third driving licence application since my drink driving ban ended. I am assuming you have no documented history of alcohol problems in your medical history?

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off