Mental health question

Convicted Driver Insurance

Bobster

Well Known Member
I’ve been asked to go for a mental health assessment with my own dr …does anyone on here know what questions are asked ?…or what form it is so I can look it up please…

Is this your GP individually asking for an assessment or has it been asked for by the DVLA?

I'd expect them to fill out the M1 form whilst asking you about your mental health, which they have to allocate a decent amount of time for. I've been through so many mental health assessments I've lost count (nothing anything specific to driving). Chances are if you've never had any serious mental health problems or haven't been dealing with mental health issues for very long, you won't use up the full 30 minutes - they just have to allocate that amount of time.

I'd expect them to fill out the M1 form whilst asking you about your mental health, which they have to allocate a decent amount of time for. I've been through so many mental health assessments I've lost count (nothing anything specific to driving). Chances are if you've never had any serious mental health problems or haven't been dealing with mental health issues for very long, you won't use up the full 30 minutes - they just have to allocate that amount of time.
Thanks

When you had your mental health assessment was it just the m1 form that the dr filled in?

When you had your mental health assessment was it just the m1 form that the dr filled in?

Nope, it wasn't to do with driving, however I did ask my GP what to expect should he be asked to do an assessment. He mentioned a form, I can only assume that it is the M1V form, as stated by TBC1989. During the assessment I'd be asked about my current and past mental health problems, any thoughts of self harm etc. You may also be asked if you use or have ever used alcohol as a coping mechanism - a crutch basically.

In the end your GP is trying to assess your overall wellbeing and to make sure they fill out the M1V accurately.

Is your GP fairly supportive of you?

Nope, it wasn't to do with driving, however I did ask my GP what to expect should he be asked to do an assessment. He mentioned a form, I can only assume that it is the M1V form, as stated by TBC1989. During the assessment I'd be asked about my current and past mental health problems, any thoughts of self harm etc. You may also be asked if you use or have ever used alcohol as a coping mechanism - a crutch basically.

In the end your GP is trying to assess your overall wellbeing and to make sure they fill out the M1V accurately.

Is your GP fairly supportive of you?
Yes

So will it be the M1 form that the dr is using?
I can't be 100% sure, sorry. I'm sure there must be someone on here that has had a mental health assessment recently, that knows what form was used. Having said that I wasn't aware that my GP filled out a DD2 last year, it was only from learning that information from this forum what form it was.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off