Medical form

Convicted Driver Insurance

Alimarie

Hi all,
I completed my medical Friday and 1 question was “in the past 6 years have you had an accident or been injured including a road traffic accident as a result of alcohol intake.
I answered no!
I was very anxious as I’m sure loads others are and was given less than 5 mins to complete all the forms I even ticked I was alcohol dependent and I’m not but luckily my partner spotted that. Lots of scribbling out when I asked for another form he didn’t have one!
Anyway long story short I was over thinking the medical after and I did hit a parked car, this didn’t even cross my mind as I think i completely mis understood “a road traffic collision”
Any advice? I’m working Tom and trying to keep this ban as private as I can as I’m embarrassed. I’m thinking ring the dvla Tuesday to advise or are they just going to think I’m a liar ? I was in an awful state.
He wanted to know about self harm and my scars I found the whole experience awful but the dr was nice just very rushed! What do I do???

Hi Alimarie

The whole dvla process regaining your licence can be very stressful, answer as honestly as you can will make process easier, I don't advocate lying but the DVLA are digging going back 6yrs history !!
If your clean after 1 yr then we'll done

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off