likely punishment?

Convicted Driver Insurance

RYAN12

Hi there,

Last Friday (21st Aug 09) I was pulled over on suspicion of drink driving after been seen on cctv staggering before entering my car. I admitted to drinking and the roadside test showed I was over the limit (although I don't know the figure). I was taken directly to the police station and brethalised twice more on a machine. My reading came out at 67 microgrammes in 100 millilitres. The time between my last drink and being breathlised at the station was very short (approx 1 hour).

I am due in court on 2nd Sept. On the basis of the above, what is my likely punishment? If I bring character references from previous and current employer would that help reduce ban in any way??

Ryan,

You are likely to be sentenced to a ban of 17 - 22 months (more 20 months) from the reading that you have outlined. This presupposes that you intend to plead guilty to the offence with which you are charged.

If the length of ban is important to you I think that we may be able to help you persuade the Court to impose a lesser disqualification. The minimum is 12 months.

Should you require a Solicitor we are able to act for you on your hearing date.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off