Licence application form

Convicted Driver Insurance

lewisben1

I have now had my form for renewal through so better days ahead 🙏 my driving license has ran out whilst on my 12 month ban also my passport ran out I didn't send my old license back I said I had lost it so how can I prove my identity with everything out of date I was going to sen my out of date license back with the renewal form my address hasn't changed and they sent me the form so do I even need to fill in my identification 🤷‍♂️

You haven’t changed name or address during your disqualification so I don’t know why you would need to send anything away to confirm your identity. As far as I am aware the only thing you would need to send is new photos with your application if the existing photos are out of date.

Give them a call tomorrow to confirm or take it into your post office and get them to check the application for you

You haven’t changed name or address during your disqualification so I don’t know why you would need to send anything away to confirm your identity. As far as I am aware the only thing you would need to send is new photos with your application if the existing photos are out of date.

Give them a call tomorrow to confirm or take it into your post office and get them to check the application for you
It just seems like there is hardly anything to fill in I was expecting loads of questions but basically it just seems like new photo £65 and away you go 🤷‍♂️

It just seems like there is hardly anything to fill in I was expecting loads of questions but basically it just seems like new photo £65 and away you go 🤷‍♂️
It is a very simple process. You still essentially have a licence at the minute, it’s just been temporarily taken off you. Your application now is simply to get it reinstated

It is a very simple process. You still essentially have a licence at the minute, it’s just been temporarily taken off you. Your application now is simply to get it reinstated
Yes but my licence ran out of date whilst I was serving my ban so I couldn't re new it as it was void I'm more worried they will send the application back because I am currently out of date maybe I'm worrying over nothing I've just waited so long I don't want to get turned down because of not keeping it up to date because it would have been impossible

Yes but my licence ran out of date whilst I was serving my ban so I couldn't re new it as it was void
You are still renewing it either way, your old licence was cancelled before it expired and you now need to renew it and get a new one
I'm more worried they will send the application back
I don’t blame you, as humans we tend to worry about these types of things and you want to get your licence back as soon as possible so want absolute clarity. That’s why I said in my original answer to reach out to the DVLA directly or use the post office’s driving licence checking service to give yourself peace of mind. Whilst this website is a great place for tips and advice, I always say to people you should always conduct your own due diligence and not take anything you read online from strangers (myself included) as gospel.

Yes but my licence ran out of date whilst I was serving my ban so I couldn't re new it as it was void I'm more worried they will send the application back because I am currently out of date maybe I'm worrying over nothing I've just waited so long I don't want to get turned down because of not keeping it up to date because it would have been impossible
Mine ran out in march and my ban ends on the 15th of this month I sent off the application form anything I wasn’t sure about I called the dvla and they were very helpful. I also changed my name back to my maiden name and did this on the same form it took less than 3 weeks I got my 10 year licence back today wishing you all the best

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off