Insurance advice

Convicted Driver Insurance
Don't get complacent and drive whilst disqualified. People on here say things like "the courts take a dim view".
That's an understatement.
They sent me down and it's no picnic.
You clearly have respect for your father, That's why you're ashamed to tell him what's happened. I'm sure we all understand that.
How will he feel if his son is in jail?
Don't get tempted.

I'm not tempted to drive. And of course I'm scared of telling my Dad. It's the worst thing I can imagine doing, letting him down.

I'm not tempted to drive. And of course I'm scared of telling my Dad. It's the worst thing I can imagine doing, letting him down.
As I said before, you do not just have to come up with excuses to your dad for the next 12 months. Your dad cannot be blamed if he genuinely did not know about your conviction, so kept you on the insurance for the year and did not disclose.... because he cannot disclose what he doesn't know.
BUT, for the next 4 years, it will still be disclosable, are you convinced that you will not drive his car during that period. As soon as you do, you will be driving on (potentially) invalid insurance. There is also the possibility that if there was an accident and the insurance problem came out, your dad could be also summoned for making a false declaration to get insurance. Because lack of knowledge is a defence, he could end up in court having to satisfy the magistrates that he did not know about his sons conviction.
consider if that would be a worse thing to do, seeing your dad in court trying to clear his name, rather than you admitting to him that you have been foolish to drink drive, but you need his support.
I will be blunt, I realise how difficult the fall out can be from being caught drink driving, and I feel for you, but you are thinking more about yourself and how you feel than about your dad, you need to put it the other way round. I deal with convicted drink drivers every month on the courses I run. I am pleasantly surprised by how many people who say, once the shouting and the "I'm disappointed, that's not how I brought you up." comments have gone, that they have had massive support from family members.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off