I refused to accept my printout.

Convicted Driver Insurance

lucylou8512

I was arrested on Xmas eve for drink driving. My car ran out of petrol and noone who tried to help me could find me. So I started to walk home. Police came to me and I thought they were there to help me but next thing I know I'm in the cells. I'm very embarrassed.

I was very cooperative and compliant as I need to be home for Xmas and not in jail all night. So i done some serious self snitching. I blew 2 samples at the station. They asked me if I wanted a copy of print out? I said no I'm too embarrassed I don't even wanna look at it. They said OK that's a refusal to accept.
My lawyer has asked me if they put the printout in with my belongings. Which they didn't.
So according to my lawyer he is saying I should plead not guilty as I was never given a copy of the print out. Sounds to good to be true....anyone heard of this before?

I have never heard of that before. You refused the print out and they even stated that you'd refused to take it - they can't make you take it.

I could understand if you'd asked for it and they'd refused, but not the other way around. Maybe you should ask for free legal advice from Martin Hammond on this forum (legal section) because I think your solictor is just looking to make some money.

Yeah he seemed pretty confident that even if I refused the printout it should be in with my belongings....so confused what to do right now x

I was never given a print out either, they didn't even offer it to me, I never thought to challenge it. *shurgs*

I'd strongly suggest asking the free legal advice part of this forum, just to get a second opinion.

Edit: Even if it's just until someone else that may have experience of this comes along and can comment.

I think it might be worth challenging but then again it might end up with a bigger punishment and money down the drain....xx

I was arrested on Xmas eve for drink driving. My car ran out of petrol and noone who tried to help me could find me. So I started to walk home. Police came to me and I thought they were there to help me but next thing I know I'm in the cells. I'm very embarrassed.

This sounds like a circumstantial case. Did someone report you to the police? Were you in your vehicle when the police found you?

CJ

This sounds like a circumstantial case. Did someone report you to the police? Were you in your vehicle when the police found

No I was

This sounds like a circumstantial case. Did someone report you to the police? Were youO in your vehicle when th police found you?

CJ

This sounds like a circumstantial case. Did someone report you to the police? Were you in your vehicle when the police found you?

CJ
Hi, no I was about half a mile away from the car but I really thought they were there yo help. N I said my car has broken down and I had the keys in my pocket. By this point I was quite distressed from being stuck on carriage way for a while. I'm such an idiot. A cpl of lawyers I've spoken to said that is still drink driving and I was.i need to be punished for it but losing my licence will destroy my life. Xx

Hi, no I was about half a mile away from the car but I really thought they were there yo help. N I said my car has broken down and I had the keys in my pocket. By this point I was quite distressed from being stuck on carriage way for a while. I'm such an idiot. A cpl of lawyers I've spoken to said that is still drink driving and I was.i need to be punished for it but losing my licence will destroy my life. Xx
I believe you would have grounds to go for a drunk in charge rather than a drink driving as you were so far away from the car. Drunk in charge can carry a 10 point endorsement rather than a ban. Worth speaking to a solicitor about. As car was out of petrol, there was no chance you could drive it - which with the right representation could see you acquitted altogether. Depends really on what you said at the station, whether you admitted you had drank and drove or not, whether they had proof you had driven whilst under the influence etc.

I believe you would have grounds to go for a drunk in charge rather than a drink driving as you were so far away from the car. Drunk in charge can carry a 10 point endorsement rather than a ban. Worth speaking to a solicitor about. As car was out of petrol, there was no chance you could drive it - which with the right representation could see you acquitted altogether. Depends really on what you said at the station, whether you admitted you had drank and drove or not, whether they had proof you had driven whilst under the influence etc.
I did admit it so I'm screwed but thanks anyway. They said if I be cooparative I could go home. They run me home at 2am. In time for Xmas morning. So I'm grateful for that but so stuck what to do now xx

As Big Tom said you could have argued this as a drunk in charge not drink driving. Without knowing exactly what you have said to the police, I very much doubt there was sufficient grounds to arrest for drink driving. You were half a mile away from the vehicle with the keys in your pocket. It’s not dissimilar to someone driving to the pub, having X number of pints, then wisely walking home with their car keys in their pocket. This wouldn’t even be a drunk in charge. Unfortunately, for yourself you have admitted wrong doing to the police so invariably they now have you by the short and curly’s. Can I ask what your readings were at the police station?

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off