Help!!! Advice needed

Convicted Driver Insurance
Well I rang up today and they said they have everything and they just need to look at it so I said look at it then 😄 her reply was yes we will when we get to it ffs 🤦😄

😂I spoke to them today as well. Basically the sand thing. They couldn’t tell me if they’d contacted my GP though but said they might not have too. Fingers crossed you hear soon 🤞
Think my gp will get contacted got i phone call appointment with him tomorrow there's nothing on my record to do with alcohol so should be alright just with they would get on with it
They are funny when you ring them its pointless really but will do it twice a week just to.let them know I am still alive 😄😄😄

Think my gp will get contacted got i phone call appointment with him tomorrow there's nothing on my record to do with alcohol so should be alright just with they would get on with it
They are funny when you ring them its pointless really but will do it twice a week just to.let them know I am still alive 😄😄😄
I rang today, I was trying not to but the urge was overwhelming lol and they’ll be getting it Friday also

How did you get on with GP phone call?

How did you get on with GP phone call?
Alright to be honest wanted my meds reducing then told him to expect some paperwork sometime in the next century from dvla he said yer no problem he will look out for it and send it back ASAP just waiting for dvla now 😂😂😂

Hi, 2.1 is technically within the scope of responsible drinking. But, if you have maybe stated that you have abstained for a period of time. At 2.1 they’re gonna know that that’s BS. My highest has been 0.6 and many record lower than that, so 2.1 will ring alarm bells with DVLA Unless of course you have other medical issues affecting your CDT levels, which of course opens up another can of worms. If you’re worried, postpone the medical. Because if you take the risk and fail, you’re in a world of hurt. People on here have been going through this for years in some cases. I’m an hgv driver, so my licence is more than just an inconvenience, I couldn’t possibly mess about drinking and taking tests. So I don’t drink at all. There is some really good advice on here, I mean really good, we all have the t shirt etc. So my advice would be to take the advice rather than try to argue against it. But, the decision is yours. Best of luck going forward and please let all is all know what happens. We are only as good as the sum of our parts.

Hi, 2.1 is technically within the scope of responsible drinking. But, if you have maybe stated that you have abstained for a period of time. At 2.1 they’re gonna know that that’s BS. My highest has been 0.6 and many record lower than that, so 2.1 will ring alarm bells with DVLA Unless of course you have other medical issues affecting your CDT levels, which of course opens up another can of worms. If you’re worried, postpone the medical. Because if you take the risk and fail, you’re in a world of hurt. People on here have been going through this for years in some cases. I’m an hgv driver, so my licence is more than just an inconvenience, I couldn’t possibly mess about drinking and taking tests. So I don’t drink at all. There is some really good advice on here, I mean really good, we all have the t shirt etc. So my advice would be to take the advice rather than try to argue against it. But, the decision is yours. Best of luck going forward and please let all is all know what happens. We are only as good as the sum of our parts.
Thanks for advice. It’s too late for me now as I’ve done the blood tests and just waiting results. But if it’s refused then I’ll be drink free for the next one. Hoping they just say I need 6 months alcohol free and test again. I don’t drink much anyway I was just trying to be honest. Thanks for advice

Thanks for advice. It’s too late for me now as I’ve done the blood tests and just waiting results. But if it’s refused then I’ll be drink free for the next one. Hoping they just say I need 6 months alcohol free and test again. I don’t drink much anyway I was just trying to be honest. Thanks for advice
Well, listen….good luck and I hope you prove me wrong. Let’s us know what happens please

Honesty is not always the best policy with the dvla. The bench mark is around 1% CDT for someone reapplying and classed as HRO to achieve this abstain totally for at least a full month which will normalize CDT levels. If you are above 1.6 they will most likely write to your GP and check medical history and see if there is any past issues with alcohol which may result in abstaining for 6/12 months and prove it via LFT.

Honesty is not always the best policy with the dvla. The bench mark is around 1% CDT for someone reapplying and classed as HRO to achieve this abstain totally for at least a full month which will normalize CDT levels. If you are above 1.6 they will most likely write to your GP and check medical history and see if there is any past issues with alcohol which may result in abstaining for 6/12 months and prove it via LFT.
I spoke to the diarrhoea VLA Yesterday. I asked them, seeing as you have my D2 form and your own medical questionnaire, which concurs word for word with all the answers and comments on my D4 medical form completed by my own GP, why would you feel it necessary to then contact my GP again, only to ask and confirm the information you already have? They replied “well in that case we probably won’t”
Yeah and I won’t hold my breath either

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off