Help!!! Advice needed

Convicted Driver Insurance

Kathjlo

Hi
My medical was in the 7th September 2022. My ban ended on the 7th October. I’ve still not heard anything from DVLA and obviously can’t drive. I abstained from drinking for 4 days as I didn’t know about the cdt test and before that had drank a bottle of wine on two separate occasions in the previous week. 1-2 bottles of wine a week is normal for me. The DVLA doctor didn’t ask me any questions at all about my drinking and I was honest on the questionnaire. When I call the DVLA they say that my case is still with the medical team but it’s in the final stages. Can anyone give me a rough idea of time scales and when and if I’ll be mobile again soon?

Hi
My medical was in the 7th September 2022. My ban ended on the 7th October. I’ve still not heard anything from DVLA and obviously can’t drive. I abstained from drinking for 4 days as I didn’t know about the cdt test and before that had drank a bottle of wine on two separate occasions in the previous week. 1-2 bottles of wine a week is normal for me. The DVLA doctor didn’t ask me any questions at all about my drinking and I was honest on the questionnaire. When I call the DVLA they say that my case is still with the medical team but it’s in the final stages. Can anyone give me a rough idea of time scales and when and if I’ll be mobile again soon?
Hi, the short answer is, No! Unfortunately dvla are a law unto themselves. My only advice is call them at least once a week. Sorry I can’t be more helpful. You’ve got to keep at them though. There was someone asked a similar question a few days ago. They had submitted everything and did the dvla medical, they were informed 4 weeks later that dvla were in the process of writing to their gp. Dvla won’t hurry. Best of luck and I hope they come back favourably soon.

Hi, the short answer is, No! Unfortunately dvla are a law unto themselves. My only advice is call them at least once a week. Sorry I can’t be more helpful. You’ve got to keep at them though. There was someone asked a similar question a few days ago. They had submitted everything and did the dvla medical, they were informed 4 weeks later that dvla were in the process of writing to their gp. Dvla won’t hurry. Best of luck and I hope they come back favourably soon.
Thanks for your response. It’s the not knowing that kills you. I looked on the DVLA website and it says that I can now renew my licence but nothing more.

Hi
In the same position mate had my medical 22nd since then nothing am going to ring them tomorrow and say if your writing to my doctor just do it if not send me my license just do something ffs 😄

In the same position mate had my medical 22nd since then nothing am going to ring them tomorrow and say if your writing to my doctor just do it if not send me my license just do something ffs 😄
Well good luck with that! When I tried to ask if they’d contacted my doctor the bloke said “I just answer the phones I can’t tell you anything else”
Keep us posted how you are getting on tho

Well good luck with that! When I tried to ask if they’d contacted my doctor the bloke said “I just answer the phones I can’t tell you anything else”
Keep us posted how you are getting on tho
Yer will do ✌

Someone last week said it took him 5 weeks from medical going dvla going to his drs and getting licence back 5 weeks some are waiting months its just one big clusterf**k .
So do all Medicals have to go through GP or only if they have a high cdt?

I’m on 5 weeks from the medical and they only sent the GP letter put last week after chasing them every other day.. I’m about 7 weeks over my ban, so frustrating but nothing more can be done other than be polite as possible and hope!

I’m on 5 weeks from the medical and they only sent the GP letter put last week after chasing them every other day.. I’m about 7 weeks over my ban, so frustrating but nothing more can be done other than be polite as possible and hope!
Good luck
Hope it’s not too long 🤞

So do all Medicals have to go through
How many units did you put down on the form you consume weekly ?
I put zero units as that’s the truth, I’ve been pretty much tee total since October 2019 with two lapses on holiday, but not excessively. A long time ago also. My gp is aware of this, I have the last three years clear LFT’s with average GGT of 20. And have 5 LFT’s highest being 0.6
I’ve also just completed a D4 medical where I was noted as no alcohol issues and completely abstained. No mental health issues either. But, I did answer dvla as having an accident due to alcohol consumption 3 years ago. So it’s a toss up whether they eventually contact my gp. I’m awaiting a date for DVLA medical, I don’t know if they will contact my gp before that or after if they feel they need clarification on anything. However, my question would also be, if I piss through the dvla medical, and they already have info from my gp on the D4 form, then what would be the point of contacting my gp?

Hi
How many units did you put down on the form you consume weekly ?

I put zero units as that’s the truth, I’ve been pretty much tee total since October 2019 with two lapses on holiday, but not excessively. A long time ago also. My gp is aware of this, I have the last three years clear LFT’s with average GGT of 20. And have 5 LFT’s highest being 0.6
I’ve also just completed a D4 medical where I was noted as no alcohol issues and completely abstained. No mental health issues either. But, I did answer dvla as having an accident due to alcohol consumption 3 years ago. So it’s a toss up whether they eventually contact my gp. I’m awaiting a date for DVLA medical, I don’t know if they will contact my gp before that or after if they feel they need clarification on anything. However, my question would also be, if I piss through the dvla medical, and they already have info from my gp on the D4 form, then what would be the point of contacting my gp?

Question was meant for Kathjlo sorry she says she drank 1/2 bottles of wine weekly which could well exceed 14 units. If she put that down on the form that would stop them returning her licence no doubt about that.

I honestly can’t remember but I do remember saying I don’t drink weekly but when I do I only drink a bottle of wine or two at a push
Could be an issue if the doctor put that down. I put 16 units down on my first medical they wrote to my Gp and he said i had past issues so i was classed as misuse and had to prove 6 months alcohol free. Best to keep it at 8 units or less weekly for future ref.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off