girlfriend tested 236mg blood sample

Convicted Driver Insurance

amjw10

Hi, my girlfriend stupidly drove drunk a month ago and crashed into a lampost writing off the car and ending up in a&e. Nothing too serious. She got test results of about 3x over limit. She has had licence for 2 years. No previous offences. From what I have read she should expect 2 year ban and some community service. Any advice would be great. She is 24 and a completely upstanding citizen who is extremely regretful. Should she get lawyer? What sort of community service do they hand out?

Hi, my girlfriend stupidly drove drunk a month ago and crashed into a lampost writing off the car and ending up in a&e. Nothing too serious. She got test results of about 3x over limit. She has had licence for 2 years. No previous offences. From what I have read she should expect 2 year ban and some community service. Any advice would be great. She is 24 and a completely upstanding citizen who is extremely regretful. Should she get lawyer? What sort of community service do they hand out?

Upon a first conviction of driving with excess alcohol with a blood reading of 236 sentencing guidelines suggest a low to high level community order and a driving disqualification of between 23 & 28 months.

First time offenders are usually offered the chance to take the drink driving rehabilitation course. Completing this course can reduce any period of disqualification imposed by up to 25%.

As the level of alcohol in your girlfriends system was higher than 200 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of blood she will be classed as a high risk offender. This means she will need to satisfy the DVLA of her fitness to drive by attending a DVLA medical before her driving licence will be returned to her.

You may want to show her our guide to appearing at magistrates court for drink driving offences.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off