Early removal of a disqualification given but no contact

Convicted Driver Insurance

Grease1988

Hi everyone,

I went to court to apply for an early removal of a disqualficiation on 29th Feb, I was heard and my application to remove my disqualficiation early was granted (April 6th is the end of disqualficiation) I’ve rang up the DVLA today and they’ve gotten to march 3rd in their emails but I feel like I’ve been missed.

No one at the DVLA knows if my court ruling had been sent, I also need to do a HRO medical too.

Does anyone have timescales on how quickly (or slowly) the DVLA take to acknowledge the courts decision and send the paperwork for me to sort a medical out?

Thanks in advance

Whilst it may be DVLA-related, it may also be an issue with the court and that’s where you should start ruffling feathers.

Contact the court immediately and both seek clarification they have sent notification to the DVLA as well as asking they re-notify them. Take the name, position and department of the person who you talk to that confirms this.

Following this confirmation / the court confirming they have re-notified the DVLA, send off your driving application without haste with a covering letter explaining what has happened as well as giving the name and position of the court official who has confirmed DVLA has been notified. Make it clear to them this is now squarely a DVLA issue. Phone them every day to follow up on where things stand until you get it resolved - this usually has the effect of hurrying them along.

Provided DVLA genuinely hasn’t been notified then there’s nothing they can do, although as soon as you confirm with the court they have been notified then that’s when you can start making some noise to try and push things along.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off