DVLA writing back to GP after medical

Convicted Driver Insurance
I have to be honest after my investigations finished and my licence was issued I had a 125 page report from DVLA explaining everything including all medical reports....
Im hoping then you have your license back and perhaps your insurance is now down considering you have the all clear and a full license back?

Can anyone help my query ?
I got a ban for failing to provide specimen which resulted in me having too do a CDT medical - I’ve got the letter back and it says they have the results but not that I have passed or not passed ? It says they have written to my gp for further information and when they receive this back from the gp they will make a decision about getting my licence back? Should I be concerned ?
I’ve never gone to my gp in the past with any alcohol issues whatsoever??

Can anyone help my query ?
I got a ban for failing to provide specimen which resulted in me having too do a CDT medical - I’ve got the letter back and it says they have the results but not that I have passed or not passed ? It says they have written to my gp for further information and when they receive this back from the gp they will make a decision about getting my licence back? Should I be concerned ?
I’ve never gone to my gp in the past with any alcohol issues whatsoever??
It's fairly standard procedure, and the response I'd expect from the DVLA.

I know of a few people, on this forum, that had the same thing happen to them and were told that the DVLA had the CDT results back and were waiting on the GP to complete a DD2 (form that is similar to the DR1, however it's for medical personnel and has a few extra questions).

If you've never had any problems with drugs and/or alcohol (on your GP record), you'll be fine. I'd strongly recommend that you make an appointment with your GP, just to make sure there isn't anything on your patient record to suggest otherwise. You can also get their support (for your licence application) and complete the DD2 with them - that way you won't have to be worried that they may put down something that isn't true.

Please don't just leave it for your GP to do without you being there, as they may or may not ask you to attend an appointment, or they could just outright not bother filling out the paperwork (DD2), claiming that it's 'private work'. Please remember to not admit to drinking more than what is outlined in the Government Guidelines (14 units per week, allowing for 3 or more dry days (don't admit to drinking 6 or more units in one 'session', just to be on the safe side)).

Please make sure to tell your GP the same information, regarding your drinking habits, as you did with the DVLA approved doctor (the doctor that completed your medical examination and CDT blood test). If you've told the DVLA approved doctor that you consume 10 units a week and then you tell your own GP that you're teetotal, they'll know you're lying.

It's fairly standard procedure, and the response I'd expect from the DVLA.

I know of a few people, on this forum, that had the same thing happen to them and were told that the DVLA had the CDT results back and were waiting on the GP to complete a DD2 (form that is similar to the DR1, however it's for medical personnel and has a few extra questions).

If you've never had any problems with drugs and/or alcohol (on your GP record), you'll be fine. I'd strongly recommend that you make an appointment with your GP, just to make sure there isn't anything on your patient record to suggest otherwise. You can also get their support (for your licence application) and complete the DD2 with them - that way you won't have to be worried that they may put down something that isn't true.

Please don't just leave it for your GP to do without you being there, as they may or may not ask you to attend an appointment, or they could just outright not bother filling out the paperwork (DD2), claiming that it's 'private work'. Please remember to not admit to drinking more than what is outlined in the Government Guidelines (14 units per week, allowing for 3 or more dry days (don't admit to drinking 6 or more units in one 'session', just to be on the safe side)).
Thankyou very much xx

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off