DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
I have just called.

My license is on way and valid from midnight.

Had my medical 31st july and they had everything scanned in last Thursday.

I am a hro 2nd time in ten years.

Drink half a bottle of wine with wife on a Saturday and had 11 days off before medical.

No gp contacted.

Ban finished may 15th.

I called everyday since 1 week after medical.

Also I put a complaint in on Monday just gone via dvla complaints online form.

I said in my complaint that my ban is over etc and that all I wish to do is support my young family more and driving will help this.

I did moan a bit asking why is more of the medical side not via email especially between dvla doctor to dvla via secure system and a few other things.

Think I ended my complaint with "I think you know your service is shambolic but can somebody please give this a nudge on"

Most likely had no bearing on speeding things up but in my head it seems to have worked.

Hi, I’m not sure why, the Dvla have their own rules, I was revoked for dependence back n 2019 but three years later they reduced this to misuse,……
My license was revoked for misuse and my yearly licence reviews usually take just shy od a year. They dont even send anything to the gp for 6 months after receiving. So frustrating

I'm getting pretty frustrated now tbh, I had as I say a yearly review, no bloods only urinalysis, totally clean sample, no use of any drug, only prescribed, dvla keep saying both the Dr report akd sample are back but just at the stage waiting for review,, was even told to send D1 in October 1st so S88 is still valid!!!!? I'm as I say desperate for 1 reason, I wanna trade my car in and finance up, but they won't accept a Out of date, expired, license, the year before, cancelled a flight to Thailand because I can't hire a car, these people are,,, I'll rephrase, *My Ass is there's!! The annoying is A, not sure if they are telling the truth when they state they don't have access to medical info in front I'm more concerned of how many Times post 29 June, 7 weeks yesterday I've rang, it's like I'm the Energic person, I rang my own Gp, they've not written prior my applying 12 month renewal, all SARS was fine with that, I've requested my franch8he Dr report and they are holding back providing it so so frustrated,, I read they are dealing with people who aren't actually on the road, but my hypothesis would be Just send a license because it wasn't imo a medical, just answer qt off the D1, M1, DG1, 10 minutes, drove 97 miles there and back and I'm worse now than ever, it's enough turn you to drink

I'm getting pretty frustrated now tbh, I had as I say a yearly review, no bloods only urinalysis, totally clean sample, no use of any drug, only prescribed, dvla keep saying both the Dr report akd sample are back but just at the stage waiting for review,, was even told to send D1 in October 1st so S88 is still valid!!!!? I'm as I say desperate for 1 reason, I wanna trade my car in and finance up, but they won't accept a Out of date, expired, license, the year before, cancelled a flight to Thailand because I can't hire a car, these people are,,, I'll rephrase, *My Ass is there's!! The annoying is A, not sure if they are telling the truth when they state they don't have access to medical info in front I'm more concerned of how many Times post 29 June, 7 weeks yesterday I've rang, it's like I'm the Energic person, I rang my own Gp, they've not written prior my applying 12 month renewal, all SARS was fine with that, I've requested my franch8he Dr report and they are holding back providing it so so frustrated,, I read they are dealing with people who aren't actually on the road, but my hypothesis would be Just send a license because it wasn't imo a medical, just answer qt off the D1, M1, DG1, 10 minutes, drove 97 miles there and back and I'm worse now than ever, it's enough turn you to drink
Sorry about poor grammar, it's typing stressed out 😢

Received license and cdt result today of 0.9

For those that don't know here is what my letter says in regards to different brackets

Below 1.6% is consistent with, but does not prove abstinence.

1.6% - 2.2% is consistent with but does not prove controlled drink ie within government guidelines of 14units per week.

2.3% - 2.9% is consistent with regular alcohol consumption and can be an indication of increased risk.

3 % can indicate alcohol dependence.

As above mine was 0.9.

I drink each Saturday half a bottle to bottle of red wine and I stopped for around 9 days prior to medical. Saturday to following Monday.

Hope this info helps a little

My license was revoked for misuse and my yearly licence reviews usually take just shy od a year. They dont even send anything to the gp for 6 months after receiving. So frustrating
Hi m8, am I correct in saying, you are on a hro 12 month or year to year licences, have to send in a D1 to renew the S88 status? Because it's sounding familiar, I prior to licensing was always + am honest, i had finished a Bupreborphine treatment, I'd detoxed off methadone, haven't used gear, I'm on prescribed Benzos, DVLA are in fact more supportive than people think, if you don't abuse, don't use etc with clean samples with the outside world no worries, but I'm getting frustrated now because the medical was no more than 5 mins face to face with Dr who was,,, dunno, Ever get a feeling your being classed and looked down on? She got my sample, put it in 2 vials, said I'd get another 12 months and wait 3 weeks for results, well that is nearly 8 weeks ago. I'm on S88, and all I'm doing is chasing this up with a Script being replied,, so I think I'm gonna email Tim Burton, it's looking like delaying for a 3rd time a trip to China to visit a pal of 52 years because no car hire accepts a letter with S88

When I eventually get re licensed then (after seeing my Sars between dvla and my Dr, I couldn't have got a better report 2 years running) I'm gonna either DEMAND a CDT test or not classed a HRO, because I've not drank since Sept 2002, period,,, and the last time I used gear was 2019,earlt 2020,,, I was on the demon green, a complacent system until I woke up and transitioned from that to subutex and as I say, I got re licensed and I'd ended the treatment the month before, Dec 2022,,,my main issue,,, hindsight, if I'd asked my old community drug worker if he would set up NO WARNING samples during my 12 month license I'd not imo be writing this, so I've took it on myself and got it in place, I've done 3 in 8 weeks,, all totally clean, and I'll continue to pay the £37 over next year each time outta my own sky rocket, because skxt mate, it's better than 'my ass is theirs "

Hi m8, am I correct in saying, you are on a hro 12 month or year to year licences, have to send in a D1 to renew the S88 status? Because it's sounding familiar, I prior to licensing was always + am honest, i had finished a Bupreborphine treatment, I'd detoxed off methadone, haven't used gear, I'm on prescribed Benzos, DVLA are in fact more supportive than people think, if you don't abuse, don't use etc with clean samples with the outside world no worries, but I'm getting frustrated now because the medical was no more than 5 mins face to face with Dr who was,,, dunno, Ever get a feeling your being classed and looked down on? She got my sample, put it in 2 vials, said I'd get another 12 months and wait 3 weeks for results, well that is nearly 8 weeks ago. I'm on S88, and all I'm doing is chasing this up with a Script being replied,, so I think I'm gonna email Tim Burton, it's looking like delaying for a 3rd time a trip to China to visit a pal of 52 years because no car hire accepts a letter with S88

When I eventually get re licensed then (after seeing my Sars between dvla and my Dr, I couldn't have got a better report 2 years running) I'm gonna either DEMAND a CDT test or not classed a HRO, because I've not drank since Sept 2002, period,,, and the last time I used gear was 2019,earlt 2020,,, I was on the demon green, a complacent system until I woke up and transitioned from that to subutex and as I say, I got re licensed and I'd ended the treatment the month before, Dec 2022,,,my main issue,,, hindsight, if I'd asked my old community drug worker if he would set up NO WARNING samples during my 12 month license I'd not imo be writing this, so I've took it on myself and got it in place, I've done 3 in 8 weeks,, all totally clean, and I'll continue to pay the £37 over next year each time outta my own sky rocket, because skxt mate, it's better than 'my ass is theirs "
Error in ended treatment,,, Dec 2021,,my licensed started Jan 22, I sent it back Nov that same year with the D1 M1 DG1,,, gotta get a D1 because it's looking like it, S88 ends Nov 3rd

Error in ended treatment,,, Dec 2021,,my licensed started Jan 22, I sent it back Nov that same year with the D1 M1 DG1,,, gotta get a D1 because it's looking like it, S88 ends Nov 3rd

To cover your back, I would send another D1 in the post before the 3rd November to ‘renew’ the driving licence application status and therefore ‘renew’ the Section 88 process for a second 12 month period. It is almost like an abuse of process, but it is something I would suggest in the circumstances while these DVLA idiots get their acts together.

CJ

To cover your back, I would send another D1 in the post before the 3rd November to ‘renew’ the driving licence application status and therefore ‘renew’ the Section 88 process for a second 12 month period. It is almost like an abuse of process, but it is something I would suggest in the circumstances while these DVLA idiots get their acts together.

CJ
Thanks m8,,, i a[ppreciater thar ,,,also im thinking about emailiong Tim Burton

Good old Mr Beetlejuice. I'm very surprised he hasn't moved on yet. He's been in charge of the DVLA medical team for quite some time now.

CJ
email sent yrsterday. to TB ,, ive raisred my pov ,, hypothesis , if id n ot met my deadline would i be able to just |" get round to taking a medical " im very busy too, ,,,,,,,,, sonehow i think id not get a 8 week extension ,,,, keepo ]
yiu posted buddy

Hi folks,

Just wanted to provide some information on the timeline (at least in my case) from when I applied for my driving licence until I received it. I am a high risk offender so needed to go for a medical also.

9th August
Sent driving licence application off in the post with a cheque for relevant amount (£96 if i remember correctly)

1st September
Cheque cleared

10th September
Received letter from DVLA informing me of the doctors details I needed to make an appointment with for my medical and that I had 21 days to make an appointment. Had a reply slip with pre-paid envelope I had to fill out and return to DVLA once I had booked the appointment, this was to inform them of the time and date of said appointment.

22nd September
This was the date of my medical. Was pretty straightforward really. Gave a urine sample and a blood sample which a nurse took. I then seen the doctor who asked me questions about my drinking habits, took my blood pressure etc

11th October
Driving licence arrived in the post, YES!!! :D

I completely stopped drinking for 6 weeks leading up to the medical. I dont drink that regularly anyway, was just being safe rather than sorry. I was however worried as I had been taking a lot of ibuprofen and co-codamol in the weeks leading up to the medical due to a foot sprain and had read that this could lead to elevated liver enzymes. Looks like I was worrying needlessly anyway.

Well thats it folks, the whole sorry and stressful mess finally completely and utterly over with :D:D:D:D

Hope this info proves helpful to some one, good luck to everyone in a similar position.

P.S: This web site has been a great help
Can I ask you if you know why you were asked for a urine sample? Was your offence just alcohol related? BW

Hi folks,

Just wanted to provide some information on the timeline (at least in my case) from when I applied for my driving licence until I received it. I am a high risk offender so needed to go for a medical also.

9th August
Sent driving licence application off in the post with a cheque for relevant amount (£96 if i remember correctly)

1st September
Cheque cleared

10th September
Received letter from DVLA informing me of the doctors details I needed to make an appointment with for my medical and that I had 21 days to make an appointment. Had a reply slip with pre-paid envelope I had to fill out and return to DVLA once I had booked the appointment, this was to inform them of the time and date of said appointment.

22nd September
This was the date of my medical. Was pretty straightforward really. Gave a urine sample and a blood sample which a nurse took. I then seen the doctor who asked me questions about my drinking habits, took my blood pressure etc

11th October
Driving licence arrived in the post, YES!!! :D

I completely stopped drinking for 6 weeks leading up to the medical. I dont drink that regularly anyway, was just being safe rather than sorry. I was however worried as I had been taking a lot of ibuprofen and co-codamol in the weeks leading up to the medical due to a foot sprain and had read that this could lead to elevated liver enzymes. Looks like I was worrying needlessly anyway.

Well thats it folks, the whole sorry and stressful mess finally completely and utterly over with :D:D:D:D

Hope this info proves helpful to some one, good luck to everyone in a similar position.

P.S: This web site has been a great help
Please can you tell me if they always ask for urine sample as well as blood test?

Ive never had a urine sample taken and have had 5 dvla medicals for alcohol
Thanks for coming back! Mine should be just for alcohol but several years ago (about 5) I was misusing Diazepam....my medical questionnaire only asks if I misused drugs within last 3 years and I was thinking gp may say that too....I doubt it as he's been so supportive but I just don't know how far the dvla dig! BW

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off