DVLA Drug Test

Convicted Driver Insurance

JR Heartley

Hi all, could anyone tell me what the cut off point is for DVLA? There doesn’t seem to be any definitive answers when it comes to cannabis tests. Will you pass at 50ng/ml or is the cut off point less than that?

The legal limit for drug driving for cannabis is 2µg/L, which I believe is 20ng/ml so the answer to you question is no, you would not pass as I am sure they would not pass a person who is over the limit to drive!

Hi all, could anyone tell me what the cut off point is for DVLA? There doesn’t seem to be any definitive answers when it comes to cannabis tests. Will you pass at 50ng/ml or is the cut off point less than that?
I think you need to knock smoking on the head for a while if you have any intention of getting your licence back,,,,

I think you need to knock smoking on the head for a while if you have any intention of getting your licence back,,,,
They’ve been smoke free for 3 weeks. I just wanted to know what the actual cut off point is as there no real answer for urine tests when I’ve researched it. I saw on the DVLA website cut offs for blood tests but not for urine.

They’ve been smoke free for 3 weeks. I just wanted to know what the actual cut off point is as there no real answer for urine tests when I’ve researched it. I saw on the DVLA website cut offs for blood tests but not for urine.
Some say it's in your system for 90 days.....

Some say it's in your system for 90 days.....
That’s what I’ve read too but it does also depend on the variables like bmi, how much you smoke and how regular etc. They’re slim with hardly any fat on them but that doesn’t mean there’s no fat molecules in the body to attach to. The 1st test was a week ago and it was positive. The 2nd test yesterday showed negative but it was the 50ng/ml. That’s why I was curious as to what the DVLA cut off point was.

To be honest we don't have many cases of drugs on the forum and when we do it seems to be a bit of a struggle for anybody to identify some kind of correct help, was you banned for drug driving ?

To be honest we don't have many cases of drugs on the forum and when we do it seems to be a bit of a struggle for anybody to identify some kind of correct help, was you banned for drug driving ?
No, they’re not at that point yet. They’ve been told they need to go for a urine test and I was researching it to see what info was out there. That’s when I realised that it’s a difficult subject and like you say it’s a struggle to identify or pinpoint where they need to be at.
Thank you for your help though, it’s insightful.

The simple sum is the longer you smoke cannabis, the longer it remains in your system. With a regular user, it remains detectable for up to 35 days with urine - which is the method used by DVLA. Detectable for much longer with hair samples.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off