DVLA current waiting times

Convicted Driver Insurance

Grantyone

Well Known Member
Hi all,

my disqualification ends 31.08 and to save waiting on the DVLA sending me the D27, I decided to send my own application which I got from the PO.

I am not sure if I struck lucky, but I received a reply around 3 weeks later. Unfortunately though I did not include an up to date photo with my application so the reply was requesting this. I am hoping their second reply is just as quick.

Their reply will be advising of the steps to go for a medical so I am wondering what the waiting times are for this at this time? I know it’ll depend on what area you live in so might be hard to answer. Also, after the medical, does anyone know the timescales in the current climate?

i did speak to a representative at the beginning of July and he advised me they were around two weeks behind at that point. This may of course be conflicting with regards what others have been told.
thanks

My ban was up June and I am still awaiting to hear back regarding my medical, they’ve received paperwork and cashed cheque but still not got anything in the post and calling everyday

My ban was up June and I am still awaiting to hear back regarding my medical, they’ve received paperwork and cashed cheque but still not got anything in the post and calling everyday

that’s a strange one. Cheque cashed means they’v obviously processed your application form - so why no reply? What are they saying when you call them?

that’s a strange one. Cheque cashed means they’v obviously processed your application form - so why no reply? What are they saying when you call them?

Just saying that it’s with the medical team and they are working there way up the list! I have a Dvla doctor literally around the corner from my house and they won’t let me book it until they have the bar code reference which hasn’t been generated! I can’t actually believe how long I’ve been waiting!!!! You would think they would try and get those done who’s bans have been spent! At this rate there was no point me doing the awareness course!!

Just saying that it’s with the medical team and they are working there way up the list! I have a Dvla doctor literally around the corner from my house and they won’t let me book it until they have the bar code reference which hasn’t been generated! I can’t actually believe how long I’ve been waiting!!!! You would think they would try and get those done who’s bans have been spent! At this rate there was no point me doing the awareness course!!

Yeah it’s very frustrating - especially as you should be back on the road by now. When did you start the ball rolling out of curiosity? Did you send your application after your ban had expired, or before? I was hoping by sending my application off well in advance, I’d be back on the road by September 1st. That is clearly not going to happen.

Yeah it’s very frustrating - especially as you should be back on the road by now. When did you start the ball rolling out of curiosity? Did you send your application after your ban had expired, or before? I was hoping by sending my application off well in advance, I’d be back on the road by September 1st. That is clearly not going to happen.

i did only send it off in may but that was because they kept messing me around with the course dates etc so I couldn’t apply until I did the course. And they said they sent my driving application pack through the post which was never received so then I had to get a d1 form sent over to me.... it’s been a total balls up from day one. I can’t even apply for any jobs until I am on the road and now I am main carer for my mum after my dad died in April - proper shit storm 😭

i did only send it off in may but that was because they kept messing me around with the course dates etc so I couldn’t apply until I did the course. And they said they sent my driving application pack through the post which was never received so then I had to get a d1 form sent over to me.... it’s been a total balls up from day one. I can’t even apply for any jobs until I am on the road and now I am main carer for my mum after my dad died in April - proper shit storm 😭
[/QUOTE

sorry to hear about your dad. Suppose there’s nothing anyone can do other than wait. I was surprised I got a reply within 3 weeks though and gave me a bit of hope. They received my photo two weeks ago tomorrow so see how it goes.
Good luck on the job front!

Thank you, hopefully it will start picking up, I know people have been going for medicals. Unfortunately for me it’s just been overall bad timing!! Lol

So £90 fee came out my account today. Clearly means the application has been processed. Whether I get a reply re medical soon remains to be seen, but surely encouraging the cheque has been deducted under 3 weeks from receiving the application - especially presuming it would have taken 5 days to process?

So £90 fee came out my account today. Clearly means the application has been processed. Whether I get a reply re medical soon remains to be seen, but surely encouraging the cheque has been deducted under 3 weeks from receiving the application - especially presuming it would have taken 5 days to process?

my cheque came out over a week ago and still no news on my medical calling everyday

my cheque came out over a week ago and still no news on my medical calling everyday

i thought the cheque was cashed a while back and you were still waiting. If it’s just been over a week then that’s not too bad in my opinion. Although clearly understand the frustration seeing as your ban is already up. My experience with turnaround times & the advice I got from on of their representatives is that it appears they are catching up. Of course, that’s only my experience

i thought the cheque was cashed a while back and you were still waiting. If it’s just been over a week then that’s not too bad in my opinion. Although clearly understand the frustration seeing as your ban is already up. My experience with turnaround times & the advice I got from on of their representatives is that it appears they are catching up. Of course, that’s only my experience

I applied in May and I think cheque got cashed a few weeks ago, I am loosing the plot with it all now tbh. Just strange as I have heard of people who have applied after me and getting medicals so I have no idea what they are doing!!

Well it looks like my medical paper work might be getting sent out next week! Finally... this is me having to tell them I have a job starting in September which will require me to drive - building surveyor so they said they are going to push it through! 🙌🏼

Well it looks like my medical paper work might be getting sent out next week! Finally... this is me having to tell them I have a job starting in September which will require me to drive - building surveyor so they said they are going to push it through! 🙌🏼

That's good news. So when you say paperwork, you mean the necessary papers which allow you to book your medical?

I think I will do similar - give them until the end of the week and if no reply, start to be on their case.

That's good news. So when you say paperwork, you mean the necessary papers which allow you to book your medical?

I think I will do similar - give them until the end of the week and if no reply, start to be on their case.

yep that’s right the paperwork for me to book the medical, I am hoping if I call next week they will be able to give me the “m number“ so I can just call and get it booked in before the paperwork comes.
When did you send your license off to them? As soon as I mentioned a job they soon changed their tune. It’s not even a lie I’ve had to turn down job interviews and this is a previous employer who has contacted me thinking that I would be back on the road now seeing as I should of been in June lol if I miss this opportunity for a job I will be fuming

yep that’s right the paperwork for me to book the medical, I am hoping if I call next week they will be able to give me the “m number“ so I can just call and get it booked in before the paperwork comes.
When did you send your license off to them? As soon as I mentioned a job they soon changed their tune. It’s not even a lie I’ve had to turn down job interviews and this is a previous employer who has contacted me thinking that I would be back on the road now seeing as I should of been in June lol if I miss this opportunity for a job I will be fuming

That's great. I hope things start to move for you - especially with the job coming up. It's promising.

So is it this 'm' number you need to book a medical? I might chance my luck and give them a call

Hi there,can any1 tell me if any1 has had there medical and just waiting for result’s? I had my medical on 4th august my ban was up on 10th but still hvnt heard anything av tried ringing dvla and it jst telling me the lines are busy and to call bk 🤷‍♀️

Hi there,can any1 tell me if any1 has had there medical and just waiting for result’s? I had my medical on 4th august my ban was up on 10th but still hvnt heard anything av tried ringing dvla and it jst telling me the lines are busy and to call bk 🤷‍♀️
Hello,
I had my medical on 5th August and DVLA had results a week later. You need to make sure you talk to medical team when you phone them, just keep calling and you will get through, I would suggest email Tim Burton (head of medical services) at the DVLA, things seemed to have moved quicker since I did that. I’m afraid that they might well of contacted your GP as well, this is where my application is being held up currently.

Thanks you,am going to keep trying dvla today hopefully I can get through to them,av no concerns in them contacting my GP as I dnt hv any alcohol problems nor any kind of medical history with alcohol,was my 1st offence and biggest mistake ever,do you have email address for this Tim burton?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off