drinking driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

iswhatits

Hello everyone, i did not ever think i would be back here again.
I was banned for failing to provide in 2021 and got a 18 month ban £1200 fine
So last week i was having a break down as my husband and i have nott been great and i am having to deal with allsorts, no excuse at all but i actually was wanted to end my life so i bought some vodka and just sat down the local service station in my car and drunk, i then just thought this is not worth it and was about to go home but at this point My eldest son had rung the police to say i had been drinking and driving. so when i was heading out the services and a police car pulled in front then was one at the back of me, he got out his car and did the stop sign, at this point i just was so much in panic i waited till he moved so i could drive away. (bodycam shows he moved but i was going to go up the kerb anyway) i would not of ran anyone over!!! this is classed a dangerous driving they said and i am on rui for that one.
as if it could not of got any worse i drove 24 miles up the road thinking where can i drive off a cliff , hide whatever and the other part of me kicked in to tell me just to go back home. now at one point i saw blue lights but the then went off, so i kept driving long story short i was on a round about and an un marked police car drove in front of me causing me to do an emergency stop but not in enough time as he basically ran in front of me then two other cars one again un marked and th other was a police car that blocked me in they were fire arms response and i think a helicopter they smashed my driver window and told me to get out, which of course i did they breath tested me and i was 126 i know shameful back at the station was 104 they said they would go off the lowest reading. they did not hand cuff me as i think they was shocked as little old me comes out the car. they did say coz i crossed into another county thats why there were so many police involved.
i spent the night in the cell then the next morning they took me to the station near where i live.
The police there were in shock that they didnt deal with me in the other station my duty solicitor just said to say no comment to everything.
so i am going to court next week for drink driving but i may end in court with dangerous driving once they have completed there investgation
i have one preivous as i said above but if they are going to count for other offences then i have two for assault on a police officer (which only was again down to drink and was a minor kick with bare feet when i had 6 turn up on my door ) oh and i am on bail for driving over my mother in laws pots then hitting a 3 foot fence causing damage to the neighbours car which is under investigation still>

I am never had a brush the law at all untill 2020 when i drank too much then menopause kicked in and i dont know myself anymore.

what do you all think i am looking at here ?

Wowzers!!!

I would first of all instruct a solicitor dont pay the earth for one, the second time in 10 years drink driving is a 36 month ban alone and increases chance of custodial sentence.

The other mitigating factors including dangerous driving puts you in another bracket, so dont do court on your own. You will definatley be fined, you will definatley be banned what other factors will be thrown at you in terms of suspended sentences, community orders and such is yet to be seen! If you want to message me privately for a chat i am more than happy to help.

The thought of prison is killing me, i am just not myself at all. the one next week is for the drink driving they have put the other two in under investigation so i am assuming will be going to court again, i dont know why they cant just do them together, i should expect because they want me to go down for this. so if i got a suspended sentence if i am back in court that something that happened at the same time i would go down for and the plant pots issue that happened 5 weeks ago

It must be an incredibly difficult thing to be dealing with but a website really isn’t the place to be asking any of us what we think may be the outcome - for your own sake - as none of us have anywhere near the specific insight or legal expertise given the complex nature of your case.

Please speak to a solicitor immediately if you have not done so already.

clearly not helpful at all, and the person that has given u a thumbs up and helped me by saying what he had gone threw ok - be sure to tell people on a forum to not speak out again .

THIS forum should not judge at all...
I wasn’t judging you and unsure why you think I was.

I simply told you to seek professional legal advice.

You may end up in the crown court and could be looking at incredibly serious charges depending what the police’s side of the story is. Only a legal professional sitting down looking at the Crown’s file is going to be able to give you an accurate picture or proper counsel. Any advice you get on here is, at best, a complete guess.

Correct but we are here for drink and maybe dangerous driving and anything else , some that our scared and comes to this forum. so on friday i will update you along if it goes to crown etc, I have simply messed up big time , hence i am even here so yes u are judging me! bascslly calling me a saddo for coming to a forum with all of us at some point and other times also messing up. Should i say wow you clearly need help and should not read posts as you clearly are not fit to do so unless you get the bad karma guy thats judging you?
This is my only outlet and i DO NOT appreciate YOU basically saying i am a sado for coming to a forum for advice! why have a forum like this then mr ( oh the name is bad_karma) dam thought you was jesus before that!

I really don't think he meant it that way, but in any case welcome to the forum, good luck on Friday, and please do keep us informed.

So last week i was having a break down as my husband and i have nott been great and i am having to deal with allsorts, no excuse at all but i actually was wanted to end my life so i bought some vodka and just sat down the local service station in my car and drunk, i then just thought this is not worth it and was about to go home but at this point My eldest son had rung the police to say i had been drinking and driving. so when i was heading out the services and a police car pulled in front then was one at the back of me, he got out his car and did the stop sign, at this point i just was so much in panic i waited till he moved so i could drive away. (bodycam shows he moved but i was going to go up the kerb anyway) i would not of ran anyone over!!! this is classed a dangerous driving they said and i am on rui for that one.
as if it could not of got any worse i drove 24 miles up the road thinking where can i drive off a cliff , hide whatever and the other part of me kicked in to tell me just to go back home. now at one point i saw blue lights but the then went off, so i kept driving long story short i was on a round about and an un marked police car drove in front of me causing me to do an emergency stop but not in enough time as he basically ran in front of me then two other cars one again un marked and th other was a police car that blocked me in they were fire arms response and i think a helicopter they smashed my driver window and told me to get out, which of course i did they breath tested me and i was 126 i know shameful back at the station was 104 they said they would go off the lowest reading. they did not hand cuff me as i think they was shocked as little old me comes out the car. they did say coz i crossed into another county thats why there were so many police involved.
i spent the night in the cell then the next morning they took me to the station near where i live.
The police there were in shock that they didnt deal with me in the other station my duty solicitor just said to say no comment to everything.
so i am going to court next week for drink driving but i may end in court with dangerous driving once they have completed there investgation
i have one preivous as i said above but if they are going to count for other offences then i have two for assault on a police officer (which only was again down to drink and was a minor kick with bare feet when i had 6 turn up on my door ) oh and i am on bail for driving over my mother in laws pots then hitting a 3 foot fence causing damage to the neighbours car which is under investigation still>

I am never had a brush the law at all untill 2020 when i drank too much then menopause kicked in and i dont know myself anymore.

Wow, sorry I dnt have much advice to give because tbh I believe it very much depends on the magistrates - or judge if it goes to Crown and whether or not they are empathetic and just apply the law to the minimal and indtruct you get help or they chose to make an example of you. I just wanna send you some hugs because you sound like you've been in a state of dispare and need help not punishment xx

Last edited:

You will definitely not go to prison they are full so get that out of your head, but a suspended sentence is a deffo chin up hey you didn't kill anyone

Sorry to hear what you're currently going through, and good luck in court. If ever you want to chat about anything, just drop me a private message. I've had my struggles with depression and suicidal thoughts - it's a horrible way to feel.

Welcome to the forum @iswhatits of course you’re not a ‘saddo’ for posting about your experience.

There’s quite a lot in your post to unpick. I don’t want to play down the seriousness of your experience tbh. It would have been very costly for a 24 mile safely organised police pursuit - helicopter etc, damage to police vehicles and possible attempt to run the policeman over (I know you didn’t but that’s not how it will be reported). I’m also not sure of what the outcome will be for you in afraid. My gut tells me you may have to serve a few weeks or suspended sentence / will be issued with a tag and all the rest you probably can imagine re: ban time, fine. Were you in the press? This will unfortunately be of great interest to them despite what’s going on in your life.

Have you thought about quitting booze whilst you go through this ? It would really work in your favour and give you a clear head with displaying remorse etc.. Have you sought any help with your drinking? Sometimes it’s the drink that leads to one thing and another and is the underlying issue. I quit for 14 months after my offence.

Feel free to PM me also x

Last edited:
Honestly, its a little too late as if it was not for me being so low and so down i would not of commented back as to be fair i don't do forums. Should i say thank you for some of your nice replies when it got to this ? Its totally MY fault what i am gong threw, but as for the rest of you i would say do not ever just come to a post coz of drama, i am not about that at all just wanted to point out WE have ALL messed up.

Honestly, its a little too late as if it was not for me being so low and so down i would not of commented back as to be fair i don't do forums. Should i say thank you for some of your nice replies when it got to this ? Its totally MY fault what i am gong threw, but as for the rest of you i would say do not ever just come to a post coz of drama, i am not about that at all just wanted to point out WE have ALL messed up.
Hey. How are things?

We all find the forum the same way and in the main we’re here to help. Can’t speak for everyone but you’re always going to have disagreements, self entitled opinions etc. We’ve all been through it - keep posting you get used to it :)

You didn’t answer any of my questions. PM me if easier…

This forum has done me more harm than good as a lot are of you are judgemental, not understanding and rude.
Remember we at one point were all in the same boat.
I have come back here to say 18 months community service
Fine band c
rar days x 20
6 months alcohol rehab
another 6 months treatment
42 month driving ban
Having to retake my driving test, you need to apply for a provisional licence again that i can only apply for the month before my ban ends.
100% get a good solicitor and NOT just trust probation. I will tell you i would not be here today as would of gone to prison. If anyone is in my boat i found out the hard way you MUST get a good solicitor.
And of course will need a medical and will have to remain Abstinence for a year before or longer as doctors will be informed along witht he dvla

Happy to have been some help then ✌️
This forum has done me more harm than good as a lot are of you are judgemental, not understanding and rude.
Remember we at one point were all in the same boat.
I have come back here to say 18 months community service
Fine band c
rar days x 20
6 months alcohol rehab
another 6 months treatment
42 month driving ban
Having to retake my driving test, you need to apply for a provisional licence again that i can only apply for the month before my ban ends.
100% get a good solicitor and NOT just trust probation. I will tell you i would not be here today as would of gone to prison. If anyone is in my boat i found out the hard way you MUST get a good solicitor.
And of course will need a medical and will have to remain Abstinence for a year before or longer as doctors will be informed along
See told you wouldn't go to prison your welcome 😄

Happy to have been some help then ✌️

See told you wouldn't go to prison your welcome 😄
I find that very arrogant, dont take the justice system light, i had some issues that helped me from my own personally mess up leading up to this and from the last one too, but trust me i escaped it marginally because if i had listened to just probation had not done certain things and for dam sure paid for a solicitor i would be in prison. so @Guygibson thanks for being a prick! i think this forum needs to just know how scary it can be and they are cracking down trust me! thats 3 and half years plus and a driving test all over again plus everything else.

I hope the next 3.5 years go quickly for you @iswhatits, in terms of the ban. The 3 years disqualification (second DR10) went fairly quickly for me, especially after I got into a routine of not being able to drive. I can't comment on the leniency of the courts, however I do know that the DVLA are clamping down on licence applications/renewals and that it's far more difficult to acquire a driving licence if there's even a hint of alcohol misuse/dependency.

The general advice is to start getting LFT's done as soon as possible (throughout the disqualification period) and to log a 'last drink' date with the GP, as soon as this is applicable.

It may also be worth calling the DVLA several months before the end of your disqualification, to check if you can apply for your provisional licence sooner than originally stated (a month). In 3.5 years time the DVLA may have changed it so that you can apply much sooner. I know that, in theory, a person can apply for their driving licence back at least 5 months before their disqualification period ends - I'm not sure if that would be any different for a provisional licence. I think it's definintely worth trying, especially since you'll have to go through the same hellish HRO medical process that many of us have to go through.

I wish you the best of luck.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off