Drink Driving pre court case

Convicted Driver Insurance

JG1992

Afternoon, on Saturday 10th Feb I was caught drink driving. I was involved in an accident which resulted in the police being called. It appears the lady in the car is not pressing charges as the police confirm I am only charged with drink driving. I blew 93 at the police station which is the figure confirmed on the court date letter. I am happy to accept a driving ban/fine but was wondering if a solicitor would be required or whether any advice could be provided before I have my day in court? Court date is 26th February. Thanks in advance

Good afternoon,

Be it privately paid or just using the Duty Solicitor you definitely need a solicitor. There is no separate charge usually for having an accident, they just give you a much tougher sentence. You will not be getting a fine, they will be looking at the more serious options and they ban will be lengthy. At this point you need to get a lawyer involved and start preparing your mitigation as soon as possible.

Kind regards
Martin.

Good afternoon,

Be it privately paid or just using the Duty Solicitor you definitely need a solicitor. There is no separate charge usually for having an accident, they just give you a much tougher sentence. You will not be getting a fine, they will be looking at the more serious options and they ban will be lengthy. At this point you need to get a lawyer involved and start preparing your mitigation as soon as possible.

Kind regards
Martin.
Okay I will speak to a lawyer as soon as I can. I was moving my car round the corner to avoid getting a parking fine. In your experience if I attended court with no lawyer and pleaded guilty of the act, what could the worst outcome be? I am a first time offender, blew 93, no bloods taken, insurance has rectified any damages in the collision. On this site I can see I would be classed as a high risk offender which could be a 28 month driving ban and community service? Is this correct?

That is the scenario that doesn't take into account the accident. The accident is classed as an aggravating feature of the offence and makes it more serious. The worst possible outcome cold be a prison sentence, but if you have no previous convictions, community punishment is more likely with suspended prison sentence being the most likely top end of sentence. Again, a good lawyer would be the best way to decrease these high end possibilities. If it would help I could ask one of my solicitors to give you a free advice call to put your mind at ease a little?

That is the scenario that doesn't take into account the accident. The accident is classed as an aggravating feature of the offence and makes it more serious. The worst possible outcome cold be a prison sentence, but if you have no previous convictions, community punishment is more likely with suspended prison sentence being the most likely top end of sentence. Again, a good lawyer would be the best way to decrease these high end possibilities. If it would help I could ask one of my solicitors to give you a free advice call to put your mind at ease a little?
Yes a free advice call would be very helpful thank you very much.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off