Disclosure at interview due to enhanced DBS

Convicted Driver Insurance
Sadly didn't get the teaching job, but found something else which really suits me. Also had an offer for another job which involves driving and the employer didn't even ask. I suppose things do eventually get better lol.

Yes, they certainly do. I am now in my final year of actually having to declare the DD conviction, if I fill out any forms or applications, so it does feel like I have come a long way since those dark days of early 2019. Did you accept the other job?

CJ

Yes, they certainly do. I am now in my final year of actually having to declare the DD conviction, if I fill out any forms or applications, so it does feel like I have come a long way since those dark days of early 2019. Did you accept the other job?
If your employer requires you to have an Enhanced Disclosure because you are working with vulnerable groups or want employment in certain Government agencies, then I am afraid your convictions for drink driving will still show up.

From what I understand they will also show up for 11 years on a Basic Disclosure.

If your employer requires you to have an Enhanced Disclosure because you are working with vulnerable groups or want employment in certain Government agencies, then I am afraid your convictions for drink driving will still show up.

From what I understand they will also show up for 11 years on a Basic Disclosure.

Very unlikely, I will ever apply for a Government based role or one working with vulnerable parties, but I take onboard what you say. One of the things I am looking forward to is not having to declare the conviction for both my car & house insurance.

CJ

Very unlikely, I will ever apply for a Government based role or one working with vulnerable parties, but I take onboard what you say. One of the things I am looking forward to is not having to declare the conviction for both my car & house insurance.

CJ
Even if you volunteer to work with e.g disabled kids or the elderly, you would still require the equivalent of an Enhanced Disclosure, so if that were the case, I would mention it up front.

From what I understand they will also show up for 11 years on a Basi

It’s 5 years on a basic check, once it is considered spent it will not show on a on that form of check. Standard and enhanced will show convictions for 11 years and then after that they can be filtered and won’t show on any form of DBS. With a job that requires an enhanced DBS check if the police see it necessary to the job role they may well disclosure any notes on the PCN records which are kept until the ages of 100, although apparently this is very unlikely, particularly with driving convictions. Vetting is a whole different ball game to my understanding.

It’s 5 years on a basic check, once it is considered spent it will not show on a on that form of check. Standard and enhanced will show convictions for 11 years and then after that they can be filtered and won’t show on any form of DBS. With a job that requires an enhanced DBS check if the police see it necessary to the job role they may well disclosure any notes on the PCN records which are kept until the ages of 100, although apparently this is very unlikely, particularly with driving convictions. Vetting is a whole different ball game to my understanding.

I believe Luna was making a point about the standard/enhanced DBS. If say you are applying for a job with this type of DBS, they the application form will tell you what you need to know and what to disclose.

I believe certain professional driving jobs only require a basic DBS, but unfortunately the DR10 marker stays on your driving licence for 11 years. Stagecoach are one such employer who will not employ new bus drivers with a DR10 on their licence (down to corporate liability), even though the candidate's conviction is may be spent.

CJ

Just had my basic dbs back and it’s clear conviction was august 2020. No idea why thought it should be on there or is it a case of police aren’t that bothered about it or can’t be arsed updating it or the courts lazy also

Just had my basic dbs back and it’s clear conviction was august 2020. No idea why thought it should be on there or is it a case of police aren’t that bothered about it or can’t be arsed updating it or the courts lazy also

I'm not too sure what you are getting at - are you saying the three year old conviction isn't showing on your DBS?

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off