D1 form help

Convicted Driver Insurance

Andrew1

Hi

In section 5 ive put in my Passport number into part A. Then in part B do I physically have to send off my ID document also? Like my passport?

Hi

In section 5 ive put in my Passport number into part A. Then in part B do I physically have to send off my ID document also? Like my passport?
I'm in the same boat, it's not the easiest form to understand, I thought if I put my passport number they I'd me from that and use my passport picture. But I'm not sure.

Hi

You do not have to send your passport or any other proof document shown in Part B if you are able to insert your U.K. Passport number in Part A.

Thanks price, my passport was renewed in 2018 as was my licence, when I renewed my licence the DVLA used my picture from passport. Will they do the same again, there's 6 years left on my passport so does that mean I'll get a 6 year licence, I'm not HRO.

You will get a 6 year licence. If you do send in a new photo with the application you will get a 10 year one. (As you have put your passport number in Part A you do not have to get the picture ‘certified’ on the back)

Reactions: GGG
You will get a 6 year licence. If you do send in a new photo with the application you will get a 10 year one. (As you have put your passport number in Part A you do not have to get the picture ‘certified’ on the back)
Thanks price, I was hoping you would clear this up for me.

I'm sending my D1 off in morning, non HRO 54 days left of ban. Section 1 I have put a X in the because I was disqualified box, below that I have inserted court I was banned in and date. Section 2 my driving licence number and address details, also my email (lower case). Section 3 X in yes my eyesight is fine and X in no I don't need glasses to meet this. Section 4 X no conditions. Section 5 I have entered valid passport number. Section 6 entered nothing does not apply. Section 7 date and my signature within the white box. Check list x in signed section 7 correct fee £65.00 and postal order number. That's it, am I good to go? Most stressful form I've ever filled out.

Looks good to go, correct postcode is SA99 1AA.
One quick question, how long ago did you last renew your photo?
Your new licence will be issued with an expiry date 10 years from that date.
If it was only a couple of years ago it doesn’t really matter, but if it was, say, 8 years ago then you will only get a 2 year licence unless you send a new photo.

Thanks John, it was 2018 so will be 6 Yr licence. Nearly at the end of my journey and cannot put into words how much this forum has helped me, yourself, Grice, Big Tom and many more, have been amazing in the advice given. You are all a credit to humanity. I certainly won't be leaving as it boggles my mind your will and enthusiasm to help people. I take my hat off to you all. Thank you.

Hi I'm a bit confused again, sorry!

So I sent off the D1 form last week with a Postal Order in it. Postal order hasn't been cashed yet but the form was received recorded delivery.
Today I've just received D27P form, it's got a bit on it to put a photo, should I have sent a photo with the D1 form?

Hi I'm a bit confused again, sorry!

So I sent off the D1 form last week with a Postal Order in it. Postal order hasn't been cashed yet but the form was received recorded delivery.
Today I've just received D27P form, it's got a bit on it to put a photo, should I have sent a photo with the D1 form?
If you have entered your passport number you do not need to send photo unless you wanted a full 10 Yr license. By using the passport number you will be issued your license for however many years you have remaining on your passport,
I used my passport number so will only get a 6 year license as that is what remains on my passport before renewal.
I also sent mine last week and have received my d27 in post today, keep us updated when you get your license.

If you have entered your passport number you do not need to send photo unless you wanted a full 10 Yr license. By using the passport number you will be issued your license for however many years you have remaining on your passport,
I used my passport number so will only get a 6 year license as that is what remains on my passport before renewal.
I also sent mine last week and have received my d27 in post today, keep us updated when you get your license.
Thanks, will do, has your PO been cashed?

Are you sure that's the case? I applied in 2019 (yes, I know I didn't learn my lesson,) and used my passport as my ID and was given a full licence, not one that expired when my passport did.

As I'm 64, the longest I will get will be a 6 year licence, but right now a 6 month licence would be welcome.

Are you sure that's the case? I applied in 2019 (yes, I know I didn't learn my lesson,) and used my passport as my ID and was given a full licence, not one that expired when my passport did.

As I'm 64, the longest I will get will be a 6 year licence, but right now a 6 month licence would be welcome.
It's all down to when your ten yr driving licence would have expired. Mine was issued for 14 months. Confused now.

Last edited:
Can I jump on this post, I’m hro and ban ends may 2nd, ive got the d1 form as I’ve moved since the ban, I sent off a letter over a month ago to change address but still not updated, so I’ve put new address and old address on d1 , but my old driving licence ran out 2021 so I’m sending a new photo, I’m wondering does this mean I need it signed? And what do I need to send as proof of address change? I have a passport but it’s in my maiden name and don’t it all getting confusing , so want it as straight forward as possible, I know I’ve got a long wait ahead and don’t want to give them any reason to say they need more info that will put me to bottom of pile again

Can I jump on this post, I’m hro and ban ends may 2nd, ive got the d1 form as I’ve moved since the ban, I sent off a letter over a month ago to change address but still not updated, so I’ve put new address and old address on d1 , but my old driving licence ran out 2021 so I’m sending a new photo, I’m wondering does this mean I need it signed? And what do I need to send as proof of address change? I have a passport but it’s in my maiden name and don’t it all getting confusing , so want it as straight forward as possible, I know I’ve got a long wait ahead and don’t want to give them any reason to say they need more info that will put me to bottom of pile again
Hi. I think you need a new photograph signed especially as you will (I assume,) be changing your surname on your driving licence and passport.

I would treat this as almost a new application in it's entirety.

No my licence is already in my married name, has been for years, it’s my passport that isn’t , but to change name is £90 and only had it a year when got married, so didn’t change it, so I will disregard using the passport as the photo and I have a photo to send in, but wondering does it need signing ? It states no on form but because I’m changing address too I’m wondering also what I.d for change of address? Or do I not need any? I can get a bank statement printed out, but in this day and age everything is online, shame everything to do with dvla isn’t as surely would be quicker too

My licence has been updated on the online checker, 16 days after posting the D1 form, over the moon apart from the fact its only valid until May, nooooooooo

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off