CDT levels

Convicted Driver Insurance
Read it correctly.

Add £30 for the blood taking. Unless you want to do it your self. NOT RECOMMENDED.
Why is it not recommended (by you?)

If someone is still drinking and waiting to go for their DVLA medical, then it will provide them with the comfort of knowing their CDT levels beforehand.

I have had 2 of these tests. The first one was 0.7% as was the later DVLA test and the second one was 0.2% (DVLA was 0.3%,) so I would say they are pretty accurate.

Also the £30 for blood taking is because you need to have this drawn by a nurse. It is not a 'home test' in that sense. If you know a nurse or a medically qualified person then they could perhaps do it for you, but most of us will require assistance.

Why is it not recommended (by you?)

If someone is still drinking and waiting to go for their DVLA medical, then it will provide them with the comfort of knowing their CDT levels beforehand.

I have had 2 of these tests. The first one was 0.7% as was the later DVLA test and the second one was 0.2% (DVLA was 0.3%,) so I would say they are pretty accurate.

Also the £30 for blood taking is because you need to have this drawn by a nurse. It is not a 'home test' in that sense. If you know a nurse or a medically qualified person then they could perhaps do it for you, but most of us will require assistance.
I would not recommend drawing blood autonomously.

Much better for a nurse to do it.

I would not recommend drawing blood autonomously.

Much better for a nurse to do it.
Yes, that's what I said. Medichecks state that this is not a 'home' test. You are sent the vials etc by post and then take them to wherever you are having blood drawn.

I thought you were suggesting they shouldn't be used because they were innacurate.

It really does seem low but that’s what arrived today.. I’ve drank a bottle of wine or two/equivalent most days on and off for the past 10 years.. in January I cut down to two days a week.. an odd weekday I would have a couple of drinks but would binge on a Friday.. I had the medichecks test done 21st feb drank that same evening 6 small bottles of stella and half a bottle of wine.. I have not drank now for 8 days and it will be 14 days by next Tuesday when I have my actual medical.. just a bit worried the results are not correct as I expected them to be higher
Hi vic81 have you received your lisence yet?

Been reading these posts and I'm damn annoyed! lol!

I been teetotal 4 years at 8pm 15th October 2022 and my CDT has never been less than 0.8%. I've just had my last CDT (2 weeks ago) and waiting for the results. For me this has now turned into a contest - how do i get down to 0.2% LOL :cool:

Been reading these posts and I'm damn annoyed! lol!

I been teetotal 4 years at 8pm 15th October 2022 and my CDT has never been less than 0.8%. I've just had my last CDT (2 weeks ago) and waiting for the results. For me this has now turned into a contest - how do i get down to 0.2% LOL :cool:
Circa 0.8% is probably just your natural CDT level. Apart from not drinking alcohol, there is nothing you can do to lower it any further. Mine was 0.3% after 3 years of abstinence.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off